ronoverdrive

Unexpected addition to the family

So the other day my friend tells me he needs some money and made the hard decision to sell his SKS. So I decided to help him out by offering to take it off his hands. I'm pretty sure its chinese as he gave me the spike bayonet that came with it and spikes were typically chinese. Not sure if you can tell in the picture, but its equipped with a polymer Dragunov style stock, shell deflector, and a Leahers 6x32 scope. I honestly don't know much about these rifles so if anyone can tell me any issues I should look out for or maybe a way to look up the service record (if any) I'd appreciate it.

did you get the wood stock and the factory dust cover ??

There should be markings on the receiver and some have markings on the dust cover.

great guns I have a Yugo, Norinco (china), and a Russian

heres a good site lots of info

http://www.surplusrifle.com/sks/index.asp

did you get the wood stock and the factory dust cover ??

There should be markings on the receiver and some have markings on the dust cover.

great guns I have a Yugo, Norinco (china), and a Russian

heres a good site lots of info

http://www.surplusrifle.com/sks/index.asp

Dust cover yes, wood stock no.

Dust cover yes, wood stock no.

To keep the value see if he has it

if not still a nice looking gun you will have fun with it.

post what country its from if you can

Oh its definitely Chinese. Has Chinese writing on it along with the "Made in Norinco China" though it does have a symbol I'm pretty sure I've seen on Mosins that I'm trying to figure out. Its a triangle with the lines that form an arrow at the top of the triangle.

I had a bad experience with SKS's, As the first time i shot one the action seemed like every time the bolt came back, it was gonna come back and hit me in the face... I've steered clear of them ever since... (good, more for you right?!)

The SKS is up there with the AK for over all reliability, I have a lot of them from all over.

Chinese, Albanian and some Early Russians(very uncommon) came with the spike Bayo's.

I have Chinese, Yugo's, Albanian, Romanian and Russian's right now, there are also Vietnamese, East German and

North Korean(the hardest to get) variants along with stamped Chinese.

The Tula stamp(Russian) would not be on any Chinese that I have ever seen unless mismatched.

Where is that stamp located? Clean her out good and you should have a fine shooter If You want to know more information

check out http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php I have been over here for many years these guy's know it all

about almost everything firearm related and even more about the SKS.

If you can get pictures of the Markings post them up and let me take a look, sometimes there are very rare ones laying around.