WCLW

SIG P239 - who has one?

I have a SIG P226 and my girlfriend likes to go shooting with me. She likes the 226 better than my 1911, but says the 226 is a little too big. I want to get a 239 so she can have a more size-friendly pistol to use at the range.

I've called the bullet hole, every Ramsey store, and another place to see if they have one in stock. No luck. She wants to just hold the gun to make sure she likes it before I buy one.

Does anyone around here have one or know a store that has one in stock?

I would happily meet someone at a local range to see the pistol in person. Shooting it is not necessary.

Thanks!

~Chris

• Like 1

You may also want to try thinner grips on your P226. The Sig aluminum grips are supposedly thinner than even the OE plastic ones. Not sure that is true, but they are definitiely a different profile, making them friendlier to small hands. Too bad we're not closer - I have both a 239 and a 226 w/aluminum grips. If you care to make the trek, your welcome to come to my house and try them both. Figure if your a NJGF member you must be trustworthy - right guys?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Sig is coming out with E2 models for the 226 and 228/9 family. Basically a thinner/smaller grip and enhanced decock lever and slide release.

You can retrofit the new grip to older guns but you'll have to change out the hammer strut, main spring and main spring seat.

You might also want to try a short trigger before buying a new gun.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/2416#comments

You may also want to try thinner grips on your P226. The Sig aluminum grips are supposedly thinner than even the OE plastic ones. Not sure that is true, but they are definitiely a different profile, making them friendlier to small hands. Too bad we're not closer - I have both a 239 and a 226 w/aluminum grips. If you care to make the trek, your welcome to come to my house and try them both. Figure if your a NJGF member you must be trustworthy - right guys?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I'm willing to make a trip with the GF to let her see the 239. It's better than spending hundreds on a gun she won't like!

I'm not looking to modify my 226 because I like it the way it is. It is stock except for Hogue grips right now and suits me perfectly.