autoxnyc

Any chance the FNH SCAR 16s will be available in NJ?

I finally heard back from the attourney's office. Basically the response is identical to what we theorised here. No precidence. No way to know how a jury would decide. No guaruntee the AG would even answer the question. No way to know if the officer that sees it will lock you up or not. They will however render a review and a legal opinion for a very modest fee. Im just not sure the opinion is worth it to pursue since it doesnt provide any assurance or protection in any way. If you guys want a legal opinion on all the firearms we have questions about they will do it for $500. We can provide a list of up to 25 firearms. It would need to include pics etc etc which I am sure we can provide.

Is it worth doing?

Shane

Not sure if this has been talked about it yet, I was at Brick Armory today and they had one for sale. Or excuse me, It was already sold. I asked him if anything needed to be done to it, and he said "Not much"..But it was a beautiful rifle.

Scar heavy or lite?

No one was talking if the rifle is legal or not. it is.... just a question of modifications to stock, etc.

Arguments being if any of the limitations apply, ie folding stock, etc, since the FN Scar is not on the named list.

Phil will pin the stock and remove the flash hider.

I have always wondered how this is legal to do? If one opens a box of a non compliant gun, then changes it to be compliant, in this case, wouldn't someone have been in possession of an assault weapon in NJ at some point, even if only for an hour? Same with "remove the stock from the gun and pin it" at that point weren't they subject to constructive possession, if only for 20 minutes? Same with people I see on various gun boardswho cut a barrel down to say 15" and then weld on a muzzle device to make it 16.5-17" at some point didn't they violate the NFA by owning an unregistered SBR? Or does the law (of this state) not work that way? Are FFLs excluded from the AWB or something?

Phil will pin the stock and remove the flash hider.

I have always wondered how this is legal to do? If one opens a box of a non compliant gun, then changes it to be compliant, in this case, wouldn't someone have been in possession of an assault weapon in NJ at some point, even if only for an hour? Same with "remove the stock from the gun and pin it" at that point weren't they subject to constructive possession, if only for 20 minutes? Same with people I see on various gun boardswho cut a barrel down to say 15" and then weld on a muzzle device to make it 16.5-17" at some point didn't they violate the NFA by owning an unregistered SBR? Or does the law (of this state) not work that way? Are FFLs excluded from the AWB or something?

Pretty sure FFL's can have non-jersey compliant guns and mags, just can't transfer them to NJ residents. Look at Sarco. They have non-jersey legal stuff on display.

I think in Phil's case the full auto items would be a bigger concern LOL (They are a class 3 dealer). In regards to your other example, I do think there is an exposure there for a non ffl.

I believe that Phil has a Class 3 license.

Yep. Saw the FN Scar as BA today. Someone ordered one. Its not bad. But for some reason, I still prefer the Rob Arms XCR and Sig 556 over it.

The Scar was light, but for some reason, didnt feel substantial. lol.

I hope JoeJaxx is happy with his purchase... :lol:

Shane, this question is for you, where did you hear the SCAR-H was being made available for the civilian market? I keep seeing old stuff, or stuff related to the SCAR L. I heard the H was never going to be made available for civilian use (I know, I know, "never" is a long time ;) ).

I only bring it up because I didn't want to hijack a thread, and this SCAR thread has been pretty substantial already.

Seems us Jersey Boys may have an issue though. Seems the mag is proprietary. I hear its based off an FAL mag but.... without one in hand I cant tell if its something I can mod a 10 round fal mag to work in :(

The EMAG (Export MAGazine) is a lightweight 30-round 5.56x45 NATO polymer magazine that features a number of aesthetic and functional changes from the original PMAG

JoeJaxx, my hat is off to you for not accepting the infringement on your rights!!!! However, do you have an FFL willing to do that transfer? That is going to be hurdle #2 I think.

You don't need a NJ FFL to do a transfer if you buy the long gun out of state in person. If it is legal, then I say go for it.

I have a NY/NJ compliant SCAR 16s.. it wasn't all that hard to get the job done. The FSC556 that it came with was pinned and welded, the stock mechanism (the steel one inside) was double pinned and for the hell of it spot welded as well (hey, why not). The folding mechanism was a little more tricky, a hole was drilled into the button from the inside-side, it was then blind pinned and epoxied. Not only is the stock legal now, all that pinning, welding and epoxy fixed that stock rattle that everyone hated.

IMG_0530.jpg

I have a NY/NJ compliant SCAR 16s.. it wasn't all that hard to get the job done. The FSC556 that it came with was pinned and welded, the stock mechanism (the steel one inside) was double pinned and for the hell of it spot welded as well (hey, why not). The folding mechanism was a little more tricky, a hole was drilled into the button from the inside-side, it was then blind pinned and epoxied. Not only is the stock legal now, all that pinning, welding and epoxy fixed that stock rattle that everyone hated.

IMG_0530.jpg

Hey that looks like my ISSC MK22....LOL

Very nice rig you got there!

Sorry it's a little late. Where did you get this baby, Tac?

IMG_0530.jpg