Sign in to follow this  
justjunior02

Opinions on shotgun to buy

no experience with that model... but it is an 870 and they last a long time for a reason. They work for many people. The problem I see with that gun is the $$$$.... my god it is still an 870. SPS or not... still an 870.

I would go find myself an older 870, the ones that were all steel. But the stock on it and have the rail installed. Get yourself a Bushnell Banner scope and still probably save you 300 for ammo and range time.

Personally I would get a remington combo, you would have the slug barrel and the smooth bore barrel. That way if you decide to take on birds,squirrel rabbit ect you will have it covered without having to buy another firearm.You can also get them with cantalever scope mounts with the rifled barrel. I am hopeing to get a super mag 870 this year in a 12 gauge. i pretty much want to go after everything that Jersey has to offer. Plus at davis sports in suffern ny it is 30 bucks cheaper than the MSR posted on remington.

Personally I would get a remington combo, you would have the slug barrel and the smooth bore barrel. That way if you decide to take on birds,squirrel rabbit ect you will have it covered without having to buy another firearm.You can also get them with cantalever scope mounts with the rifled barrel. I am hopeing to get a super mag 870 this year in a 12 gauge. i pretty much want to go after everything that Jersey has to offer. Plus at davis sports in suffern ny it is 30 bucks cheaper than the MSR posted on remington.

You can most likely do a whole lot better than $30 under MSRP. Do a firearms request here on the board and see what the local guys can get you and for how much.

You cant go wrong with an 870 slug gun. You can change out the barrells to a smoothbore to shoot trap or birds.

The onlything is when shooting slugs from a fixed breach, all of the energy goes right into your shoulder...

Better get familiar with positioning on the scope, alot of guys I see get scope eye from this gun because it kicks like a mother fuuuu....