Sign in to follow this  
cuervo25_1

rimfire rifles.

I don't understand why we cannot use a rimfire to hunt,and would like to see it changed. It makes no sense that you are able to use a .22 to dispatch a trapped animal but cannot use one to hunt squirrels,rabbits and other small game including fox and yotes. It also makes less sense concedering the new shotgun slugs can travel faster ,futher, and with more power than a .22

Rifle Permit

A valid rifle permit is required for coyote, deer, squirrel and woodchuck hunting with a muzzleloading rifle; raccoon and opossum hunting with a .22 caliber rifle; and for dispatching trapped animals other than muskrat with a .22 caliber rifle.

Rifle Permit

A valid rifle permit is required for coyote, deer, squirrel and woodchuck hunting with a muzzleloading rifle; raccoon and opossum hunting with a .22 caliber rifle; and for dispatching trapped animals other than muskrat with a .22 caliber rifle.

Yea I seen that in the regs., but why cant you use a .22 on squirrels,rabbits,chuck ect. they just say you can use muzzleoading rifles or .22 for dispatch unless it is coon or possum. It would be just as safe to hunt the other animals with a .22 as well.

Rifle Permit

Yea I seen that in the regs., but why cant you use a .22 on squirrels,rabbits,chuck ect. they just say you can use muzzleoading rifles or .22 for dispatch unless it is coon or possum. It would be just as safe to hunt the other animals with a .22 as well.

:hand: Are you trying to make sense of NJ laws??? :naughty:

Rifle Permit

:hand: Are you trying to make sense of NJ laws??? :naughty:

:lol: I guess that would be difficult to do. but it does make you wonder how the leaders got in office if things that they do make no sense.