david8613

who has the best prices in new jersey?

Well I guess the 2nd question is.... what's the most commonly available ammo around here? I don't any trouble getting my hands on .22 and .40. And why is it so hard to find? Sorry for all the newby questions.

40 cal is pretty much readily avail... Supply and Demand...

9mm and 45acp are the toughest, after 380acp, but if you look hard enough, you can get a deal. Cabelas has deals usually.

Get a 22lr pistol. It really is alot of fun.

Actually I seemed to find 9mm and .45 at Dick's pretty regularly. .357 Magnum I would say is one of the hardest to find.

Well I guess the 2nd question is.... what's the most commonly available ammo around here? I don't any trouble getting my hands on .22 and .40. And why is it so hard to find? Sorry for all the newby questions.

40 cal is pretty much readily avail... Supply and Demand...

9mm and 45acp are the toughest, after 380acp, but if you look hard enough, you can get a deal. Cabelas has deals usually.

Get a 22lr pistol. It really is alot of fun.

Actually I seemed to find 9mm and .45 at Dick's pretty regularly. .357 Magnum I would say is one of the hardest to find.

Yup, my buddy who you met last week Keith went to 3 or 4 places to find .357 mag and he came up empty in each one.

Hey, welcome to the forum and welcome to the firearms sport.

May I ask why 40 cal as your first? Why not a 9mm? Many, including myself would say you should start on a 22 cal. 2 reasons... 1. unless you are already skilled, shooting that 40 cal is a very expensive entry into the sport. 2. a 40 cal is much harder to learn with over other calibers as it is a higher compression round, and thus gives more kick. So either go 9mm or 45.

As far as best option, cant go wrong with a 22 cal. A ruger, buckmark, smith 22a, all great firearms, easy on your pocket to buy, and very easy on your pocket to shoot. For the same price as a box of 50 rounds of 40 cal, you can get a brick, 500 rounds of 22lr.

Next, it would behoove you to shoot the firearm before buying it. Firearms and ammunition do not have a return policy. Nothing worse than buying a firearm, shooting it once, deciding you dont like it and then it sits and collects dust, or starts rusting. a Walther p99 in a 40 cal comes to my mind.

Lastly, if you are really dead set on burning those permits... http://njgunforums.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=11

Keep in mind, considering you can only purchase 1 a month... I hope you pick carefully.

hi i know the rules have changed but when you say you can only purchase 1 a month does that include rifles and shotguns?

I recently made the rounds of the following shops:

Meltzers (Garfield)

Bullet Hole (Bellville)

Silver Bullet (Rockaway)

Ramsey Outdoor (both Ramsey/Paramus)

I can honestly say that pricing for each shop depends on what model you are looking for, but the only shop I noticed that had slightly higher prices across the board was Silver Bullet in Rockaway. You can omit the Ramsey Outdoor locations from your search, they appear to have drastically reduced their handgun inventory recently. If I had to give an overall best selection award, it would go to the Bullet Hole, but pricing was similar in both Bullet Hole and Meltzers. Meltzers was actually better on the Ruger 22/45 and MKIII models I was looking at. In the stores I've visited, there really was no such thing as a 'great deal'. For the average guy whose ink isnt yet dry on his first pistol permit, pick any reputable gun store mentioned in the thread, go there and fingerbang as many guns as you want for as long as you want, and pay the piper. Once the sickness truly takes hold you can start worrying about finding cheap ffl transfers and buying from buds/gunbroker etc.

i wanted to give everyone an update. i have been shooting in alot of different places since i started this thread, i realy took my time, and fired alot of different guns. i would like to thank everyone at caso's, shore shot, bullet hole, brick armory, nj firearms guild... i ended up purchasing a glock 22 4th gen. at brick armory, nice guys and nice range. i would also like to thank this forum for all the information, it really helped alot....

It's literally, right across the street from "It's Greek To Me" in Cliffside Park. I lived in CP for 17 years or so in 3 different locations. I don't believe it's anywhere near Domino's. AFAIK, the only Domino's in the area is on Gorge Road.

There is a Domino

Start with a 22LR and work you way up. I could never find the shop in Cliffside Park/Fairview. There is one in Ridgefield on Broad ave next to the Elementary school, and the owner is a former employee of Navy Arms of Ridgefield.

Navy Arms home page

http://www.navyarms.com/

Now check this one

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/EveryGun ... spx?id=695

I don