nott

NJ FID application data collection effort

21 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

This kind of squares with what my FFL told me - the NJSP are processing new applications faster than those of us that already have a FPID and are applying for P2P's. This poster got everything done in 19 days. I applied for three P2P's on 3/30 and just got notice yesterday that the Criminal Background Check was completed System is still SNAFU'd.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I'm still waiting to get my call for 2 P2Ps.

I will re-post when if and when my P2P is actually approved.  I dont understand  why it wouldnt have been done initially with the FID application.  If I dont hear anything by end of month I will head to PD and inquire.

20 hours ago, Spawne32 said:

Just got a call from the GTPD that the FID is ready! 1 month to the day exactly from when I did my fingerprinting.

Gloucester Township? Got confirmation of background check complete 5th March (8 weeks tomorrow) and then on 19th March they said estimate still another 4-6 weeks.

23 minutes ago, NoOfficialComment said:

Gloucester Township? Got confirmation of background check complete 5th March (8 weeks tomorrow) and then on 19th March they said estimate still another 4-6 weeks.

Yep, just picked it up this morning. They setup a drive through line out front of the municipal building for document pickup. Not accepting cash, only check or money order.

Just now, Spawne32 said:

Yep, just picked it up this morning. They setup a drive through line out front of the municipal building for document pickup. Not accepting cash, only check or money order.

Thanks - I may give them another chase. It's pretty much been 3 months since my FARS application.

I’m quite jealous!

Summit PD have their people working from home and are not allowing anyone into the PD. I submitted my FPID application on March 30th and my background check cleared 2 weeks later. I am now stuck in no mans land because I’ve been told I have to submit a mental health check form which has to be done in person at the PD, but obviously because they’re not allowing anyone in, I can’t get that done. Any suggestions guys?

8 minutes ago, Izzy4598 said:

I’m quite jealous!

Summit PD have their people working from home and are not allowing anyone into the PD. I submitted my FPID application on March 30th and my background check cleared 2 weeks later. I am now stuck in no mans land because I’ve been told I have to submit a mental health check form which has to be done in person at the PD, but obviously because they’re not allowing anyone in, I can’t get that done. Any suggestions guys?

Not sure how you would go about resolving that. Someone posted a couple advocacy groups a couple posts up that you could maybe contact but with the pandemic going on not sure if thats going to help.  Honestly I was surprised because gloucester township always used to give people a hard time. When my brother got his about 10 years ago he had to wait at least 6-7 months and it was a 50 page packet that needed to be filled out fingerprinting was done on site at their convenience. When I went a few years ago to apply I never even bothered to finish the application because of the hassle they would put people through. However our police chief retired last year and we have a new chief running the show over there so they seem to be on point with this stuff.

Anybody here from Evesham Twp? It’s been about a month since i submitted My application, after a week i submitted the 7 dollars payment and copies of my DL and SS card. About a week from that i received an email saying all my stuff was in (fingerprinting, mental health check, crim background). Haven’t heard anything since then.  Should I call the station? I emailed the patrolman that’s processing these applications but have not heard back.

I applied on 5/3/2020.  References were complete on 5/4.  Prints done in Mannington on 5/7. My first FID and 2 purchase permits were completed on 5/12 and picked up on 5/13.   Harrison Twp PD. was great. Nothing unusual and no runaround.  Great communication and I appreciated their professionalism.  They told me others have been waiting since March, but my background check came back before their s and from what I read here, in record time.  

20 minutes ago, Tonygoalie said:

I applied on 5/3/2020.  References were complete on 5/4.  Prints done in Mannington on 5/7. My first FID and 2 purchase permits were completed on 5/12 and picked up on 5/13.   Harrison Twp PD. was great. Nothing unusual and no runaround.  Great communication and I appreciated their professionalism.  They told me others have been waiting since March, but my background check came back before their s and from what I read here, in record time.  

Count yourself to be fortunate.  Even with the new system in place, some people still wait 3 - 4 months to get their paperwork back.

Absolutely agree that I was very fortunate.  Surprised and shocked.  I didn’t think it was going to be popular And I’m sorry for what some have gone through waiting for six an eight months.  I’m very fortunate that I was just one that slipped through and if it helps in any way or provides any insight, that was my intent.  

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID).  FID and permits

2. Police Department where you applied.  Bernards Twp 

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.  Mostly done online, but had some email correspondence with an administrator. 

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. A little less than 2 months

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form).  Proof of employment, proof of address since I moved a little less than a year ago.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.).  None, it was pretty seamless, everything was done online, fingerprinting was by appointment and due to COVID-19, was basically empty once they opened it back up.  Someone from the department did email me for additional documents to prove my residence and proof of address change through DMV.

On 4/28/2020 at 8:17 AM, BigDuny said:

I am new here as of today and this is my first reply,, I applied using the NJ online FARS system.  Applied for both FID and permit to purchase a handgun (all done on NJ website) with all info completed on 4/2.  Sent the completed application off and was then scheduled via email to get fingerprinted, which I did 2 days after scheduling.  I recieved the approval letter on 4/17 and after 14 days received the approval email of my FID and picked up the card on 4/21 at my local PD.  Havent heard anything regarding my pistol permit application so I have no idea about that and I was hoping someone could shed some more light as to my next step in this process.

I am currently in the process of applying for an FPID. Did you have to submit an SP-66 (mental health form)? The FARS system didn't mention anything about it and I don't want there to be too many delays. I'm in Bridgewater, NJ.

2 minutes ago, Dude,Sweet said:

There should be two separate tick boxes for a P2P and the FID on the online form. Make sure you tick both or you won’t get a P2P.

Forgive me i’m very new to this. I am under 21 so I only applied for the FPID, not a handgun purchaser permit. What is a P2P?

41 minutes ago, Yash said:

I am currently in the process of applying for an FPID. Did you have to submit an SP-66 (mental health form)? The FARS system didn't mention anything about it and I don't want there to be too many delays. I'm in Bridgewater, NJ.

Yash, 

When I processed mine, the Mental Health Form was included in the Online application form. The  patrolman in charge of the applications verified that as of right now, due to Covid, there is no separate form for it.

Just now, Dude,Sweet said:

Yash, 

When I processed mine, the Mental Health Form was included in the Online application form. The  patrolman in charge of the applications verified that as of right now, due to Covid, there is no separate form for it.

That’s weird. I wasn’t prompted to select or fill out a mental health form. My references submitted their responses online and I will be getting fingerprinted on tuesday. Should I be worried?

1 minute ago, Yash said:

That’s weird. I wasn’t prompted to select or fill out a mental health form. My references submitted their responses online and I will be getting fingerprinted on tuesday. Should I be worried?

To be honest with you, I didn’t realize that it was included there either. I guess maybe it wasn’t obvious. Or maybe just a checkbox to consent to a mental health check.  Thus the need to verify with the patrolman. If you have doubts, you can always contact your local PD. 

1 minute ago, Dude,Sweet said:

To be honest with you, I didn’t realize that it was included there either. I guess maybe it wasn’t obvious. Or maybe just a checkbox to consent to a mental health check.  Thus the need to verify with the patrolman. If you have doubts, you can always contact your local PD. 

Hmm. If it was just a checkbox then I probably did tick it otherwise it wouldn’t let me continue the application, right?

I didn’t notice the mental health form either and so I have to manually fill one in. I lived in NY within the past 10 years so the mental health check had to go to NY. It’s been six weeks since it was sent and according to my PD, it hadn’t come back yet....

12 minutes ago, Izzy4598 said:

I didn’t notice the mental health form either and so I have to manually fill one in. I lived in NY within the past 10 years so the mental health check had to go to NY. It’s been six weeks since it was sent and according to my PD, it hadn’t come back yet....

In that case i'll just hand in a mental health records form when I submit the fingerprinting form just to be safe.

edit: Did you get a message telling you that you need to manually fill one in?

Processing time for FID and Pistol Permits for Nutley, NJ 07110 (Approx. 30~37 days)

NUTLEY TOWNSHIP

I just completed an application for additional permits and I thought I'd share my experience. This is an overview of the processing time for applying for an initial FID and Pistol Permits in the township of Nutley, NJ (07110) for anyone from my town who is thinking of applying. Our PD is 2A friendly. Det. Gus Formato is the point of contact for all firearms ID/Permit processing.

Initial FID & Pistol Permit Application

via 2019 Paper Application Process

(37 Days Total)

03/13/2019 - Applied for new FID using paper form

03/14/2019 - Received IdentoGo fingerprint referral

03/17/2019 - Reference Letter #1 submitted

03/20/2019 - Reference Letter #2 submitted

03/21/2019 - Fingerprinting completed

04/01/2019 - Confirmation of receipt of all necessary documents from Nutley PD

04/18/2019 - FID & Pistol Permit ready for pickup

Application for additional Pistol Permits 

via 2020 Online NJSP FARS Application Process

(30 Days total)

05/03/2020 - FARS application for Pistol Permit completed

05/04/2020 - Receipt of FARS application acknowledged by Nutley PD

05/09/2020 - Both email reference questionnaires completed

05/23/2020 - FARS Criminal History Check Completed 

06/02/2020 - Pistol Permits ready for pickup

14 hours ago, Spawne32 said:

Still waiting on my pistol permit, got notice the background check was complete last week.

Permit? Singular?

You need to learn how to play the game here in NJ. Never less than two and preferably three.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 6/5/2020 at 10:40 AM, Pizza Bob said:

Permit? Singular?

You need to learn how to play the game here in NJ. Never less than two and preferably three.

lol I agree but honestly I have no interest in buying more than one right now. Planning on moving to America soon anyway.

• Agree 1

Denville resident here.
Timeline:

4/4 FID Application submitted and received 

4/4 My two personal references received emails

4/6 Both personal references completed and received

4/21 Fingerprints completed and received via Identogo

4/24 Criminal Background Check completed

5/7 Denville PD reaches out to let me know they are waiting on VA police department to complete my Mental Health background check (since I move to NJ less than 10 years ago)

5/26 FID Final Approval

5/27 Documents ready for pickup at Denville PD

Have to say Denville PD was great considering COVID. They were extremely helpful and kept in contact when anything came up.