nott

NJ FID application data collection effort

2 hours ago, EVANGELIONHD said:

It took me all 84 days to get my FID w/one permit for handgun... Sayreville NJ.

Wow. Did u see NJ2AS' video about Sayreville PD? Glad they finally approved someone. Congrats!

Applied through NJ fars system middle February 2020. Gloucester township 1st time fid and 2 p2p.

References done next day.

February 23rd email received background check completed. Already had finger prints week prior.

June 14th. - call from GLO twp. - everything looks good. Had record expunged but due to virus it's still showing.

Said needed letter from doctor. Since I had saw a shrink. If not in by 2 weeks. Goes back in pile for another 2 months.

Letter dropped off last Monday. He said 250 permit applications submitted over weekend!!!

Stated after he closes app. Should be another 2.5 weeks.

Is that normal? 2.5 weeks after a 4 months wait just to type up cards???

At this point I'm so sick of waiting and for no good reason fear something could go wrong, lol

I even joined NJ2AS just in case there was any issues and they are doing good for NJ 2nd amendment

That being said , should I contact my local gun shop to place and pay for my Sig and let it sit in the safe till I get my permit?

Thanks! Also my 1st post to forum.

Edited by Deadhead73
Misspelled

1 hour ago, Deadhead73 said:

Is that normal? 2.5 weeks after a 4 months wait just to type up cards???

I'm at 126 days in GT.

They are just really really really understaffed compared to the level of applications and have been since before Christmas 2019 from what I gather. I have sympathy for the officer I have been dealing with. He's been pleasant and nothing in our discussions leads me to belive it's out of malice.

9 hours ago, NoOfficialComment said:

I'm at 126 days in GT.

They are just really really really understaffed compared to the level of applications and have been since before Christmas 2019 from what I gather. I have sympathy for the officer I have been dealing with. He's been pleasant and nothing in our discussions leads me to belive it's out of malice.

Not enough manpower is crap. If it were a priority to the PD follow the law, then the PD would find a way to get it done. Each application takes very little actual effort. Everything or almost everything is computerized and the searches for information takes seconds at most. It may not be malice but there is no reason that an application should take even 1 full day.  The police were getting it done in under 30 days when the stupid FPID process was started many years ago.  The 30 days limit was instituted because everything was manual and done through the mail.

13 hours ago, NoOfficialComment said:

I'm at 126 days in GT.

His name tony? He is really really nice. He told me 2 more weeks since I been waiting so long. I'm at about 120 to 125 days also. If you already spoke to him. Looks like we will both be about the same time.

Cheers

1. Application type: FID

2. Police Department where you applied: Bridgewater Police

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD: Robert Hanlon

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit: About 23 days from fingerprinting

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form): Proof of ID

6. Notes: none

They asked me to send the SP-066 form, even I live in NJ (same county) for 20 years (8 years at the current address). So I filled the part One, made my wife to sign as a witness, and mailed it out. Does it have to go through all the steps? Looks like Part Two requires the signatures from County Adjusted and a Doctor.
First of all why did they want it? 

1 hour ago, Antonio5 said:

They asked me to send the SP-066 form, even I live in NJ (same county) for 20 years (8 years at the current address). So I filled the part One, made my wife to sign as a witness, and mailed it out. Does it have to go through all the steps? Looks like Part Two requires the signatures from County Adjusted and a Doctor.
First of all why did they want it? 

Sounds like your initial application was not done on the FARS system electronically. When i submitted my app, that was a check box for the sp-066. Your signing off for them to be able to do a mental health record search. The part you mentioned about  a doctor's signature. that would only be if they found something during their search. Or like me, i was honest as one should be and said I went to a shrink one time. in this day and age that should be a plus one is able to be intelligent enough to talk to someone after a major life event. I was having a heard time after my mother passed away. In any case, that is all that form is. If they do not find anything there is no need for those other signatures. 

21 minutes ago, Deadhead73 said:

Sounds like your initial application was not done on the FARS system electronically. When i submitted my app, that was a check box for the sp-066. Your signing off for them to be able to do a mental health record search. The part you mentioned about  a doctor's signature. that would only be if they found something during their search. Or like me, i was honest as one should be and said I went to a shrink one time. in this day and age that should be a plus one is able to be intelligent enough to talk to someone after a major life event. I was having a heard time after my mother passed away. In any case, that is all that form is. If they do not find anything there is no need for those other signatures. 

I did it on the FARS electronically. When I called them to add another P2P permit to the application, they told me that I don't have the SP66 in file and asked me to submit it together with the payment. So I did. Didn't give my PD a single visit as of today.

Hello Everyone

Resident of North Brunswick township middlesex county.

Just got my FID and permit today. Here is my timeline

June 02,2020 filed the application online.

June 04,2020 both references completed the questionnaire.

June 10,2020 fingerprint done.

June 13, 2020 email received said criminal background check completed.

June 22, 2020 township police asked for passport copy, done the same day.

June 26, 2020 email received said application approved.

June 29, 2020 township police called me to pick up the documents.

Total 27 days. Very smooth. 

Just try to get my first Glock.

On 6/25/2020 at 12:01 AM, Deadhead73 said:

His name tony? He is really really nice. He told me 2 more weeks since I been waiting so long. I'm at about 120 to 125 days also. If you already spoke to him. Looks like we will both be about the same time.

Cheers

Did you get a call yet? Mine is sorted and will be in the next pick-up session they do next week.

Rough time to be shopping.

3 hours ago, NoOfficialComment said:

Did you get a call yet? Mine is sorted and will be in the next pick-up session they do next week.

Rough time to be shopping.

Yes, got a call today!!! However, figures i was sleeping when they called. so now playing phone tag, so i can get appointment too! I already have a gun lined up i found online if it is not sold yet, it is mine. lol 

why next week though?  I want to run down and fetch it now! Its been so long. 

brian

1. FID with 3 pistol permits

2. Glen Rock

3. Detective Lucas Doney

4. Date of Submission: 06/05/2020
06/05/2020: Reference Questionnaire 1 submitted 
06/06/2020: Reference Questionnaire 2 submitted
06/17/2020: Fingerprinted (first available appointment date right after application submission)
06/20/2020: Criminal History Check completed
06/24/2020: NY OMH-11 form
06/30/2020: NJ SP-066 form
07/16/2020: Application Approved
07/18/2020: Received FID and permits in the mail

5. NY OMH-11

6. Notes - nothing noteworthy

I received my FID and P2P today. Here is the timeline for the record:

1. Application type: initial FID + P2P

2. Police Department where you applied: Plainsboro PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD: Leigh Ann Roberts

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit: 50 days

• June 2nd - Inital online application filled, FP scheduled
  • References completed within 24 hours
  • June 16th - Fingerprints done
  • June 19th - Criminal History Check completed
  • June 25th - Asked to add another P2P
  • June 26th - mailed the payment and SP66
  • July 20th - Application approved
  • July 22nd - FID and P2P picked up from PD

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form): SP66 form

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process:

• I originally applied for a single P2P, and I contacted later my PD via email and asked to add another P2P. They told me, no problem, just send us SP66 and the check for $9. Finally I received a single P2P, but was promised to get the other one a week later, because the Chief is away this week. Will update on that.

I received my FID and (2)P2P today. 

1. Application type: Initial FID + (2)P2P

2. Police Department where you applied: Union City PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD: Sgt. Santiago

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit: 42 days

• June 15th - Initial online application filled, Fingerprints scheduled
  • References completed within 24 hours
  • July 1st - Fingerprints completed
  • July 7th - Criminal History Check completed
  • July 15th - Application approved
  • July 27th - PD called(FID/Permits ready)
  • July 28th - FID and P2P picked up from PD

My wife and I applied on 3/30 but I screwed up my application (fat fingered my drivers license number) and had to re-apply.

Mrs. Beeblebrox (3/30/2020):

1. Application type: Initial FID + (1)P2P

2. Police Department where you applied: East Greenwich Police Department

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD: 

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit (from fingerprinting): 22 Days

Me (Second Go Around: 6/20/2020):

1. Application type: Initial FID + (1)P2P

2. Police Department where you applied: East Greenwich Police Department

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD: 

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit (from fingerprinting): 34 Days

We spoke to individuals at the PD on a number of occasions and each conversation was cordial and professional.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID) - 5 P2P

2. Police Department where you applied.- Keyport

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.-  Gerilyn Baker

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit.- 134 days

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Employment Verification via Email

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.) Gerilyn is only there Monday-Friday from 8:30am - 4:00pm, and is the one that processes the paperwork. Town Website says you must download and fill out application and mental health forms, but I was handed them at the PD.
Gerilyn advised that they are extremely back logged at the state police end. 

My Timeline so far is:
8/27 Application and Mental Health forms dropped off to pd
12/3 contacted pd and was told references are missing
12/4 had references email pd 
12/22 Told permits were ready for pickup
12/29 Permits ready but Gerilyn on vacation
1/5 3 of 5 permits picked up

Gerilyn has been very helpful- answered all of my questions, and usually responds to my calls within the day.

Was told today 1/5/21 that they only normally allow 3 permits at a time to be approved

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID).  1 P2P Permit

2. Police Department where you applied.  Tinton Falls

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.  Done online

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 16 days

Aug 24 - Application Submitted
    Aug 25 - References completed
    Aug 28 - Criminal history check completed
    Sept 2  - Approved
    Sept 9  - PD called that permit was ready and I picked-up same day. Issue date on permit, Sept 3rd.

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). None

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). To extend the permit to 180 days, I must call them a week before it expires. They would not pre-extend.

On 9/9/2020 at 1:21 PM, CMJeepster said:

That's impressive!

I called the PD before applying and they said at least 2 months for just permits, but in reality, only 16 days.  I wouldn't mind it taking longer because I have my heart set on a hard-to-find piece- CZ 75 P-01 10RD. Hard to find even without these current conditions. I should find one before the extension expires.

2 minutes ago, grazzie said:

I called the PD before applying and they said at least 2 months for just permits, but in reality, only 16 days.  I wouldn't mind it taking longer because I have my heart set on a hard-to-find piece- CZ 75 P-01 10RD. Hard to find even without these current conditions. I should find one before the extension expires.

The CZ-75 P-01 is all over Gunbroker, granted most or 14rd but you can buy the gun and have an FFL mod the mags or buy 10rd mags.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JC_68Westy said:

The CZ-75 P-01 is all over Gunbroker, granted most or 14rd but you can buy the gun and have an FFL mod the mags or buy 10rd mags.

Thanks for making me aware. I'm looking for a new 01199- model no. for the10rd. (91199=14/15rd). I normally check THIS site and gunbroker too. As I get closer to my expiration, I will definitely consider that, if it's new.  EDIT: It's good to see that some dealers on gunbroker have multiple brand new 14/15rd P-01s for sale.  Sorry to use this thread with unrelated comments.

2 hours ago, grazzie said:

I'm looking for a new 01199- model no. for the10rd. 

Currently out of stock, but has e-mail notification for when they come in - really good guy to do business with...

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-actmag-c-173/cz-75-compact-cz-pcr-cz-p01-10-rd-9mm-factory-magazine-11104-p-1426.html

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

Between a rock and a 10-round magazine this is the way to go. Buy whatever CZ version is available within your permit window. Your FFL can hold the 'high capacity' :lol: mags for you while you (hopefully) find a buyer for them. Buy the 10 round mags on your own from Greg, or wherever they appear.

Your FFL can legally ship the standard mags to an out of state buyer.

OK, so it might cost you (net) a little more. But these are extraordinary times. The alternative is your P2P expires and you start all over again, or you're forced to buy something different. And don't forget, depending on the election outcome our scenarios may be MUCH WORSE on November 4th.

And don't think they couldn't be. Who thought last January that 9mm would be at .60++/round in August?

• Like 1

Sometime it takes a while for the police to call you after you're approved. Just make sure the permit issue date is not too old. Because the permit will expire that much faster and give you less time for you obtain a firearm.

• Thanks 1