nott

NJ FID application data collection effort

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID Change of address & 3 PPPs

2. Police Department where you applied. Howell

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. I think it was betty in records, no one else

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 25 days

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). None

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). None at all, very impressed with Howell

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID and 1 Permit

2. Police Department where you applied. Boonton

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Detective Harris

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 28 Days

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). None

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). Detective Harris was polite and professional. Reference letters went out immediately. One reference was on vacation and took over two weeks and still got the FID promptly. Applications are accepted on Wednesdays.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID and 1 Pistol Permit

2. Police Department where you applied. Pennsville PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Lt. Cummings

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. about 20 days

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Forms to verify my employment, had my boss fill it out.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). It only took so long because there were no earlier appointments to get finger printed. I think I had permits in hand within 10 days of bring printed. All 3 officers I talked to were great, and when I picked up the permits the one at the desk actually asked what I was getting and we talked guns for a while. Very cool experience. Greatful that I live in a town where they didnt give me a hard time.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). ~ Initial FID & 1 Purchase Permit

2. Police Department where you applied. ~ Galloway Township PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. ~ Lynn Barnes

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. ~ 3 weeks

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). ~ Copy of drivers license

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). ~ Sent letter and questioner to my two references, READ APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INSTRUCTIONS STATING WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO PICK UP FID AND PPP. Easy process with Galloway Township PD

1. New FID with 2 (two) permits.

2. Verona PD

3. Detective Mike Harrington

4. 4 weeks to the day.

5. No additional information or contact.

6. Process was smooth as silk. Was told it would take 4-6 weeks due to return of mental health check. Received phone call exactly 4 weeks from the date of my initial application. Verona asks you to bring 10 postage stamps with you when you turn in your paperwork. No fees collected. Fingerprinting done through Morphos. Very pleased with how they conducted themselves.

John

1. New FID and one P2P

2. Tenafly PD

3. Detective Kopesky

4. 7 weeks.

5. No additional forms

6. Very efficient. Detective Kopesky was super helpful and made the process easy. Emailed him a couple of times to check in while I waited and he got back to me with updates right away.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID and 1 PPP

2. Police Department where you applied. Marlboro PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.Officer Murphy and Patrolman Peterpaul

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Exactly 2 weeks after reference and fingerprinting forms submitted.

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Form for employer to verify employment.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). No problem whatsoever with the application process, both officers were very friendly and helpful. In fact the biggest slowdown for my application was from one of my references forgetting to mail back the form.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID).Initial Application. FID only

2. Police Department where you applied. Stanhope PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Receptionist and Chief of police

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 52 days from application to issuance.

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). none

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). At 31 or 32 days I called to check the status and they said that they hadn't received my fingerprints from Morpho. (To be fair I did them just after hurricane Sandy) but they contacted morpho and got it worked out.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID and 2 PP

2. Police Department where you applied. Jersey City PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Don't remember but JCPD has 2 dedicated officers

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Should have them Monday, according to JCPD and that makes 20 Days!

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Standard

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). All went well. Very friendly and profesional. Applied 11/28, printed 12/5 and today (12/13) they told me should be ready to pick up 12/17. Can't really complain about 20 days in NJ

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID with 3 PP

2. Police Department where you applied. Roselle Park

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Lady at the front desk

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 18 Days

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). NOne

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID and 1 P2P

2. Police Department where you applied. Plainfield PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Mrs.Ali in records dept

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Dropped off App 7/11 & Fingerprints on 7/16. Reference Letters on 8/11. Called 9/1 said previous PD's have yet to respond to requests, 9/6 called NJSP , 9/20 called again previous PD's responded after call to NJSP, 89 days so far and still dont have it

5. Documents required by the PD Aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Applicant Flow Sheet which consisted of just basic info and employer and citizenship status

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.) None as of yet other than me going there 3 weeks after i submitted to get a status update

Finally 181 days later I can go pick up my FID card & P2P

Application type: FID address change

Police Department: Middlesex Boro

Contact at police department: Detective Dan O'Connor

Time taken to issue FID and/or permit: 89 days. Dropped of on 10/10/12. Got called on 1/7/13. Still have to pick up.

Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form): None.

Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.): I called every week and they claimed they were still waiting for background checks to come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID and one(yeah I should have gotten more) P2P

2. Police Department where you applied. Oakland

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Phyllis(?) Registration clerk, very nice and professional

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Submit 11/16/12 ready for pick up 1/9/13

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). I submit my application the Friday before Thanksgiving week. Registration clerk could not have been nicer or more helpful, painless experience. References received a form to fill out and return on 11/23 and 11/24 respectively. I had only dropped off my fingerprints on 11/21(the Wednesday of Thanksgiving eve, and the clerk was on vacation that day, left forms with the officer covering the desk). Factor in Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, clerk was out for a week(on vacation) and I think they turned it around pretty quickly, and right on their estimate. $60ish for fingerprints and $7 for the P2P, no other fees of any kind.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID

2. Police Department where you applied. Jackson

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Don't remember. Records clerk. Was friendly.

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 23 weeks (almost 6 months)

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). 3 weeks after fingerprinting, references still hadn't received their letters. I called and asked, and was told the letters were sent out 2 weeks ago. (They lied). When I told them my references hadn't received them, she offered to re-mail or that I could come pick the letters up and personally deliver, which is what I did. References got same letter in the mail a few days later. They must have mailed them out after I called anyway.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Address change for existing FID

2. Police Department where you applied. NJSP Hamilton station

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Submitted 19-Dec-2012 still waiting

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). None- but the form given by the NJSP was different than what they have on line, and they don't have the mental health form on line

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). See above- the actual change of address form I received from the NJSP was slightly different than the form that was on line, which required that I come in and obtain the forms then call back for an appointment to return the forms. So far all has went well.

ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_181709', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_181709', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '181709' }, parseInt('') );

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID and 2 P2P

2. Police Department where you applied. Keyport PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Gerilyn (Detective's Secretary) and Detective Hyman

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 81 Days from drop off of application to pick up of FID/permits

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). None, but did make me get a money order for NJSP background check ($18), which shouldn't have been required for an initial FID.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc. Everyone was very nice at the PD. The wait was long as there are only 2 detectives in the department and FIDs are low priority. I called a few times (starting after the first month), sent an email and showed up in person last week (at day 75). Detective Hyman called two days later for a phone interview (why do you want a gun, etc.) and was very nice, changed my P2P from 1 permit to 2, and even gave me some advice on some guns to teach my wife to shoot on. Overall pleasant experience except for the wait.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Existing fid. 2 P2P

2. Police Department where you applied. Fair Lawn PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with. Was surg. Ferreira. Great guy. Now Detective Waskowski?..not a nice guy..

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. About 5 weeks previously, going on 5 weeks this time around.

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Additional consent form that requires notary public, specifically with Raised Seal.

6. Notes - refused to take application in November. Said going through re org or something. I called state police and they advised me to "give them a chance". Finally took my application but "forgot" to mail one of the references... If I don't get it next week, I am going to the chief. Will not take any crap from them.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID and 1 P2P

2. Police Department where you applied. Old Bridge PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Lady in the records dept.

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 2 Months

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). None at all,

1. Initial FID w/ 1 Purchase Permit

2. Florham Park

3. Det. Ford

4. 108 Days -- wow I knew it felt long but damn!

5. N/A

6. Breakdown of the process....

Initial Application: 10/15/2012

Fingerprinting: 10/25/2012

1st follow up 11/13/2012 *None of my references had been contacted yet

2nd follow up 12/31/2013 - References got and returned paperwork

3rd follow up 1/15/2013 - Waiting for signature ETA 3 days

4th follow up 1/18/2013 - Still Waiting for signature

5th follow up 1/24/2013 - Same

6th follow up 1/28/2013 - Same

Permit Issued 1/31/2013

I can say everyone I worked with was helpful and promptly responsed to my status requests but still entiriely too long IMO. I think if i didnt stay on top of the process it never would have come in.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID Change of address

2. Police Department where you applied. Mantua Township, Gloucester County

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Women in records...Very nice!

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 92 days

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.).None

fishGolfer77

1. Initial FID w/ 2 Purchase Permit

2.. Police Department where you applied- KingWood State Police Station, Alexandria Township

3.Sgt. Iker

4. October 09, 2012, Still Waiting!

5. N/A

6. Breakdown of the process.... Still waiting.

Initial Application: 10/02/2012

Fingerprinting: 10/09/2012

1st follow up 10/22/2012 References had been contacted. interviewed via phone.

2nd follow up 12/12/2012 Sgt. Iker still doing background check

3rd waiting 01/3/2013 "

4th waiting 02/01/2013 "

Update: NJSP called, Kingwood barracks today and asked for money order for 9$.. Guess the check i wrote them 4 months ago is now exp;ired....

hoping this means I'm good to go shooting soon! CANT WAIT!!

Currently still waiting patiently... getting very frustrated.. Moved around a lot the last 4 years due to active duty military.. change of PCS... " "

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID replacement & 2 Permit to Purchase

2. Police Department where you applied. Saddle Brook

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Pat in records.

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 34 days

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Town Questionnaire - Basically asked the same questions from state plus other persons living in household and ages.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). None - References received letters within 5 days, Records Dept was very friendly.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID and 2 PPs

2. Police Department where you applied. Oradell

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Officer Peters.....polite, personable, diligent

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 16 DAYS ! ! ! !

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). just the usual

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). Officer Peters called me to clarify a stupid "incident" I was involved in my freshman year of college....after explaining the details/circumstances of "incident" and realizing the non-issue of this incident...i was given the OK

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID and 2 PP

2. Police Department where you applied. Clifton PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Detective Cusack & Kathy (Records/Admin? did not catch her title)

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Applied November 19th & received FID & Permits February 19th: exactly 3 months

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Standard

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). Detective Cusack was very friendly and explained up front to expect at least a 3 month wait due to the bump in applications post election. I called February 5th & left a voicemail inquiring about the status of my application (if my references had been received, fingerprints had come in, etc.), but I did receive a response. 2 weeks later, at exactly the 3 month point, I received a call from Kathy who informed me everything was ready and was more than willing to answer my questions.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). P2P w/ existing FID

2. Police Department where you applied. Harding Police Department

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Sue at the front Desk. Very nice woman!

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 3 weeks to the day.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). 3 weeks from the day of getting fingerprinted. Probably would have been sooner if the fingerprinting system wasn't so backed up right now.

1. application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID w/ 2 P2Ps

2. Police Department where you applied. Phillipsburg

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Angela ( Police clerk ) & Det. McDonald

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 21 days

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). Was told to make sure I had a photo ID ( Drivers License ) so it could be photo copied.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID w/ 2 P2Ps

2. Police Department where you applied. Howell

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Josephine Vigliotti

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 43 days

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Standard, but they sent employment verification FORM to my employer (no big deal, but to some it might be)

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). Nothing of note. Mrs. Vigliotti was very pleasant and helpful and answered all questions patiently.