nott

NJ FID application data collection effort

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). . Initial FPID

2. Police Department where you applied. Maple Shade PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Virginia Woehr

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 4 months

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). none

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney,

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). . Initial FID and 3 p2ps

2. Police Department where you applied. Toms River PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Elaine

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 32 days from the day i turned in application and fingerprints including weekends and a holiday!

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). none

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, After turning in my application on April 4th i received a call from Elaine at TRPD on April 19th asking me if something was wrong with my references since neither had been returned yet. I went and retrieved them myself over that weekend and turned them in on Monday April 22nd. Got the call today May 6th that the permits were ready to be picked up. Only 2 WEEKS after turning in my references!! What a pleasant experience to say the least....

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). . 4 PPPs

2. Police Department where you applied. Toms River PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Lady that is always there handling records, etc...

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. ~2 Months - submitted on 2/24, got call on 5/1.

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). 2 extra forms, one of them asked redundant info already asked on STS-33, the other asked about persons living with you.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney,

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). New FID permit and 6 PPP

2. Police Department where you applied. Marlboro Township PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Officer Murphy

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. < 2 months

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Marlboro PD's Firearms Questionnaire and 2 referral forms

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). None

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). 6 Purchase Permits

2. Police Department where you applied. Holmdel Township PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Pat - Records

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 03/18/13 - 05/06/13

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Standard Application w. two references, Mental Health Records Search.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). None

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). New FID and 2 Purchase Permits
2. Police Department where you applied. West Long Branch PD
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Firearms Div
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 04/09/13 - 05/07/13
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Standard Application, 2 references, Mental Health Search. Fingerprints.
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). None

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Two Handgun Purchase Permits
2. Police Department where you applied. Monroe Township PD
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Firearms Div
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 40 Days

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). None
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). None

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). -Intial FID with 2 pistol permits
2. Police Department where you applied. -Cherry Hill Police Department
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. -Claire.  Was very nice and patient and helpful!
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. -Submitted May 16th. Received July 30th.
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). -Cherry Hill PD's form asking for marital status, next of kin, years lived in Cherry Hill, etc..
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). -I was required to get fingerprinted before I could submit my STS33 and my SP66.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID
2. Police Department where you applied.  Linden Township PD
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Jaysee and Charles - Records Dept.
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 11/15/12 - 06/03/13
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). "Next of kin" contact information.
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). I had to meet with the mayor after 3 months of the application not going anywhere. This suddenly made my application "unstuck", and my references received their letters shortly after. The PD had a hard time receiving my letters for about a month. All in all, the clerks/detectives were nice - I think the chief was purposely slowing down the process.

Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID+1 PP 
2. Police Department where you applied. Gloucester Township PD
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. More than one
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit 11/23/12 - 3/21/13
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form).None

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). 2 P2P
2. Police Department where you applied.  Bordentown Township PD
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Detective in Firearms Unit
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 9 weeks + 1 day (64 calender days)
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). None

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). Called after 9 weeks had passed to give a little nudge, next day they were ready

1. Application type - FID with 3 PPs
2. Police Department where you applied. Newark
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Detective victor/sanders
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Applied Oct. 15 2012 Received April 16 2013
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Proof of residency lol
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). after repeatedly calling and no one answering i left an angry message on det. victors machine which he answered in the middle of and told me to stop being a f***ing child and hung up. i promptly called back and he then said to come down and speak to him face to face. when i got there he said nothing and lead me to his lieutenant who told me the delays were because mental health records were being restored. then i cited the law and he walked away calling me a f***ing a**hole. two months after this incident i received my FID and P2Ps.   7 months total.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID + 1 PP
2. Police Department where you applied.  Wallington
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.   Officer David Norris (as well as Captain Stanley Kisala for permit extension 2 months later)
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit.  Exactly 90 Days (Dropped off Nov 2012, Issued both in Feb 2013)
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). 2 questionnaire type reference letters (notarized)
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.).   Both officer's were very pleasant to deal with.   I was briefly questioned about a juvenile record (under 13 years old, very minor incident) but was not an issue (personally thought this was never supposed to hit the record but apparently it did).   

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID).

New FID and 2PPP

2. Police Department where you applied.

Buena Borough Police Department
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.

Detective Capehart
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit.

4 1/2 months
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form).

Buena's own FID application in addition to the State's, Domestic Violence sheet, persons in residence sheet, additional mental health form, and additional reference forms
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.).

My wife got her FID and 2 PPP in 31 days but that was with a former detective.  A new detective took over once mine hit the two month mark and he said all of the forms through Jersey have been updated (not true as the forms were exactly the same) and reference letters needed to be completed AGAIN because the Department's letterhead wasn't on the previous ones. The Detective stated that it typically takes several months to process applications and that it's the norm for NJ.  After he took over it still took 2 1/2 months for the approval and only after several phone calls, a letter to the Mayor, and numerous trips down there.  The Detective seemed very apologetic but I don't know if it was because of me involving the mayor or if he was genuinely concerned.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). . 3 P2P
2. Police Department where you applied. Hillsborough
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. N/A
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 22 days
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). None
6. Notes - Very pleasant and timely as usual

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID).  Initial FID and 2 P2P
2. Police Department where you applied. West Caldwell
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Det. Orr
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 4 months, 1 week
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.).  Took 10 weeks for references to receive letter. Permit issued approx. 45 days after reference letters were returned.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Handgun purchase permit (1 permit)
2. Police Department where you applied.  Edison PD {Edison, NJ}
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Believe it was Dee (woman who handles gun permits)
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 155 days; submitted on March 8 and received August 10 2013
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Standard docs only
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.).  All reference letters were received and returned by end of March.  

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID) 2 Pistol Permits
2. Police Department where you applied. Kingwood State Police
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.Officer, not sure of his name
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Submitted March 29,2013 ---- I am still waiting.
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form) None.
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, None.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID and 1 Handgun purchase permit
2. Police Department where you applied.  Harrison PD {Harrison, NJ}
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Sergeant David Strumolo
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Submitted on January 29 2013, fingerprints taken on February 5 2013, FID and permit received on August 15 2013.
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Two reference letters
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.).  None, except for the relatively long time it took. The reference letters were handed to me by my references, and I submitted them myself to the PD two days after I submitted my application (January 31 2013). Sergeant Strumolo was very nice and apologized for the delay.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID): 1 Permit w/existing FID
2. Police Department where you applied: Paramus PD
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD: Someone in the Records Department.
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit: Applied on 8/8/13 and waiting 2 weeks so far. The references were contacted rather quickly.
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form): FID/Drivers License
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.): They were quite pleasant and helpful.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID).  New FID with new P2P
2. Police Department where you applied.  Lyndhurst NJ
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.  Police Records Department
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit.  Applied on 7/1/13, fingerprinted on 7/9/13, received both FID & P2P on 8/2/13
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form).  None other than driver's license and check for initial $5 + $2 payment
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an  Called once to check status at week 7, was called back a week later, saying one more week, the following week i received my paperwork.  Everyone i had spoken to or dealt with was very pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable. 

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID).

New FID and 1P2P

2. Police Department where you applied.

Manchester

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.

Leslie
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit.

158 days
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form).

Persons in residence sheet, additional mental health form, and additional background check form.
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.).

Leslie was always very pleasant and helpful with updates. i called every 2 weeks per her instruction from day 45. 

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). initial FID with1 pistol permit 
2. Police Department where you applied. Hillsborough
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Dispatcher, didn't get her name, she was pleasant. 
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 42 days, applied on July 17, 2013, received the call August 28, 2013
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). nothing additional
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). None, everything went smooth

I'm going to post for my wife, she is not a forum member here yet. But I will post for her.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID with 1 pistol permit
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Dispatcher, didn't get her name
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit.  7 weeks (49 days) , applied on August 7, earliest to get a Saturday finger printing appointment was August 24, recieved the call September 25. 
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). nothing extra
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). Employer was contacted, and employer had to fill out questionair. Other than that simple process. 

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID + 2 P2P
2. Police Department where you applied.  Bloomfield PD (Bloomfield, NJ (Essex County))
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. A very nice lady in records bureau right next to the entrance (I think her name is Patty, but I'm not sure)
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Submitted on July 16 2013; both of my out-of-state references received requests from PD days after my initial app and turned them around in less than a week; fingerprints taken on July 24 2013; Both of my references received calls from Detective in the beginning of November; FID and 2P2Ps are signed on 11/7/2013, received on 11/13/2013 (almost 4 months in total)
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Two reference letters (despite a PD "requirement" for both references to be NJ residents, nobody objected to two references from other states)
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.).  Apparently huge delay has been caused by missing mental health check request to Essex county Adjuster's office. In retrospect I understand that I should have started checking with Nancy Delia (an officer in charge of Essex mental health checks) much earlier - it would have saved me at least a month or maybe even more. Once all documents landed on Detective's desk (closer to the end of October) it took them only 2 or 3 more weeks to contact my references over the phone once again and then print & sign FID and P2Ps

After getting FID and 2 P2Ps I immediately applied for another 3 P2Ps. I was told that the Chief is fine with extending permits for another 90 days if they are expired.

P.S. Last edits to this made on Nov 15th, 2013

Applied 8/30/2013
Finger printed 9/3/2013

Friend received reference forms 9/6/2013
Received Permit: 9/26/2013

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID with 2 P2P
2. Police Department where you applied. West Caldwell PD
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD: Detective Mazzio
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Applied 8/30/2013, Finger printed 9/3/2013, FID and permits ready 9/26/2013
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Standard forms only & drivers license
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.)
- I had no issues with applying for my FID and the PD was very welcoming and helpful with getting everything in order. I was not expecting for it to be so quick at slightly over 3 weeks, but West Caldwell PD handled everything very professionally and quickly.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). initial FID and 1 Permit to purchase
2. Police Department where you applied. NJSP Hamilton Barracks
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Trooper Haff, Trooper Diaz
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 05/14/13 - 10/2/13
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Standard Application w. two references, Mental Health Records Search.
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). Not really, references were contacted by phone. troopers were polite every time

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). . Change of address on FID & 3 P2P
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 48 days
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Employment verification
6. Notes - As usual my employer, who is located in a more gun friendly state, was surprised that they needed to fill out a questionnaire for me so they didn't bother to reply initially. This added a few days as I had to have them re-fax the request and follow up. All in all, very smooth and everyone at the PD was friendly and helpful.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). 3 P2P with existing FID

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 5 weeks and 1 day (36 days)

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form) N/A

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). None, everything went smooth. Since my last permit to purchase was very recent, I only had to fill the application. It was very easy. I did have to provide 2 references, however my reference were not contacted. Hillsborough seems be to one of the better towns for firearm permits and P2P.