nott

NJ FID application data collection effort

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID CARD AND ONE PURCHASE PERMIT

2. Police Department where you applied. JERSEY CITY

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. ANDY IN THE FIREARMS DEPT ON ERIE STREET

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 6 WEEKS BACK IN FALL OF 2005

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). NONE

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.).

WAS ADVISED TO PRESENT MY CERTIFICATE STATING I COMPLETED A BASIC GUN SAFETY COURSE TO THEM. THEY WELCOMED THIS CERTIFICATE, AND TOOK THE TIME TO GO OVER THE APPLICATION WITH ME, EVEN TOLD ME WHERE TO GO, AND WHO TO ASK FOR WHEN GETTING THE PASSPORT SIZED PHOTO. WAS ALSO ADVISED NOT TO CHECK OFF *SELF DEFENSE* AS A REASON FOR GUN OWNERSHIP. WHEN CARD AND PERMIT CAME IN, TIME WAS TAKEN TO EXPLAIN BASIC GUN LAWS REGARDING TRANSPORT AND STORAGE. OVERALL, VERY PLEASANT EXPERIENCE, AND STILL IS WHEN I APPLY FOR MORE PERMITS.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID CARD AND 3 PURCHASE PERMITS

2. Police Department where you applied. Egg Harbor Township

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. A nice lady in the records dept.

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 95 Days from start to finish.

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). A Work Authorization Form.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.).

I went in and handed the lady the money, STS33, and SP66. She looked them over and said there was one missing. I just nicely told her I was unemployed and she said oh okay. Then she said they will call me when the permits are ready to be picked up. My references got their letters within 8 days. However, a few days ago, they sent out another one to one of my friends which leads me to believe they lost it. No worries. I'm very patient but I hope to get them soon! Also, the current police chief is retiring in January. I hope this doesn't slow my app down.

***UPDATE***

Day 44 I called the police station and very politely asked what was the hold up. The lady informed me that one of my ref's never mailed in his form. So I went to the police station and picked up a ref letter. She said I can have them fill it out and bring it back myself. Thats what I will do. She said thats the only thing holding them up from giving me my FID and permits! So hopefully, I'll get them asap.

****UPDATE****

Went through a snafu with them saying my reference didn't send his letter back. So i had my reference fill letter out and I took it to the station myself on Dec 21st.

The detective didn't start looking at my stuff until Dec 30th! Okay, major snowstorm in area, they were probably really busy. Not a problem I can understand that.

References just got their calls last week around Jan 25th and Jan 27th. Today is Feb 5th (90th day from day I submitted app!!!) and I STILL haven't received word!!!

*****UPDATE*****

Received letter in mail to come pick up FID and PP's finally! Honestly, I think it would have come a LOT sooner had the reference snafu never happened. :icon_mrgreen:

1. Application type - FID with 3 PPs

2. Police Department where you applied. Absecon

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Mrs. Vicky In Records. (Super Helpful)

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. About 3 Weeks

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). None

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). Nothing other than when I applied they had just changed over to Morpho trak fingerprinting instead of at the police dept. so I was the first to go through that new process...just a extra step to drive to Lnwood to get printed..No biggie though.

anyone have any info about Howell, NJ process times?

This may or may not help I live in jackson and am waiting on my permits and FID, the lady there that did my stuff said it will take at least 6 weeks and the neighboring towns are the same way cause they have a reduced staff including freehold,howell.

1. Application type FPID & PPH

2. Police Department where you applied. Borough of Glassboro

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Records Department and 2 SGTS

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 4NOV2010 made appointment for fingerprints, turned in reference papers 23NOV2010. They spoke with references mid December, was called to pick up FPID and permit on 29DEC2010

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Two Reference sheets filled out and signed by references that could not be family.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.) Nothing bad they were very fast. Only thing was when they saw the pistol permit the officer asked me a few times what I was going to get. I told him I don't know.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID):: Pistol Permit

2. Police Department where you applied :: Butler PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD :: Chief's Secretary

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit :: 12/14/2010 -> 1/13/2010 = 30 Days

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form) :: None

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.) :: Chief of Police was at the academy for a few days and unable to sign permits, otherwise would have been completed a few days prior to the 13th.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID + 0 Permits(Didn't realize the process for permits and no one there informed me...ahh well live and learn)

2. Police Department where you applied. Harrison Twp

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Clerk and Chief Rogers

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 10 Weeks

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). None

One of my references was not received so I had to pick up another copy and take it to him and then take it back myself. Also was called in to speak with the Chief about a Misdemeanor Possession charge from 15yrs ago. After I explained what happened and that I was a Veteran he approved everything and I had the card a few days later.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID + 2 Permits

2. Police Department where you applied. New Brunswick

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Don't recall name of detective

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. App in 9/13/2010, references in 10/18/2010, STILL PENDING

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Juvy Waiver

I called and spoke to the detective handling my permit about a month after my references told me they mailed in their paperwork. He informed me that everything was in order he was just waiting on a domestic abuse check from Monmouth Cty. Not sure why, I've never lived there I just assumed the state office was there (probably a mistake to assume). It's been two months since I called and still no word. Total run time since handing in paperwork, 4+ months. I have a friend who is retired PD. He told me he had talked to the detective regarding another friend's permit. Apparently the det has 2 open homicides and "gun permits really aren't a priority". I'm waffling on whether I should make another call since I don't want to piss the guy off. The only other option is to hire a lawyer, which seems like jumping the gun since I haven't been denied.

1. Application type - FID with 1 PP (I know. I will apply for more soon)

2. Police Department where you applied. Clifton

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Kassie Krum

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. aprox. - just under 4 months (3 months 27 days)

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). No real issues aside from waiting.

Timeline:

September 21, 2010 - applied for permit. A week later my freinds got the references.

October 26, 2010 - fingerprint (earliest available was 2 weeks before that but I was on vacation), also one friend mailed the reference back on this day.

January 18, 2011 - got a call from Kassie - will pick up permit tomorrow.

Woohoo!

1. Application type: FID & 2 pistol permits

2. Police Department where you applied. East Rutherford

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Records Clerk, I believe it was Officer Gentiles

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Got my paperwork Oct 8th, signed up for fingerprints same day, earliest was 2 weeks later, Oct 22nd. Received FID & Permits 11/17/10 so overall that's just under 4 weeks. 6 weeks if you count the pre-fingerprinting (I don't count that, considering it's part of the ID required)

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Standard.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). The Police department was professional and courteous throughout the entire process, not that I expected any different, but sometimes a 29 year old fella like myself, covered in tattoos and with a mohawk gets flak for no reason. I was pleasantly surprised that this was NOT one of those occasions. I also picked two references that I KNEW would get the forms back in a reasonable amount of time.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID CARD AND 3 PURCHASE PERMIT

2. Police Department where you applied. Egg Harbor Township

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. A nice lady in the records dept.

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Submitted app 32 days ago from date of this post.

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). A Work Authorization Form.

I went in and handed the lady the money, STS33, and SP66. She looked them over and said there was one missing. I just nicely told her I was unemployed and she said oh okay. Then she said they will call me when the permits are ready to be picked up. My references got their letters within 8 days. However, a few days ago, they sent out another one to one of my friends which leads me to believe they lost it. No worries. I'm very patient but I hope to get them soon! Also, the current police chief is retiring in January. I hope this doesn't slow my app down.

***UPDATE***

Day 44 I called the police station and very politely asked what was the hold up. The lady informed me that one of my ref's never mailed in his form. So I went to the police station and picked up a ref letter. She said I can have them fill it out and bring it back myself. Thats what I will do. She said thats the only thing holding them up from giving me my FID and permits! So hopefully, I'll get them asap.

****UPDATE****

Went through a snafu with them saying my reference didn't send his letter back. So i had my reference fill letter out and I took it to the station myself on Dec 21st.

The detective didn't start looking at my stuff until Dec 30th! Okay, major snowstorm in area, they were probably really busy. Not a problem I can understand that.

References just got their calls last week around Jan 25th and Jan 27th. Today is Feb 5th (90th day from day I submitted app!!!) and I STILL haven't received word!!!

Bump, I added an update.

Updated 2/7/2011 - JUST PICKED UP MY FPID & PPs :icon_mrgreen:

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID): FPID and 3 PPs

2. Police Department where you applied: City of Bayonne

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD: Detective Hourican

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit: 70 days :icon_e_surprised:

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form): Authorization for Release of Personal Information

1. Application type - FID with 1 PP

2. Police Department where you applied. Old Bridge

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Records Dept.

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 85 days for initial. 40 days for another PP.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). They don't tell you much when you call just the "It's on the Chief's desk waiting to be signed" routine. Then it just shows up in the mail, no call before hand.

1. Application type: INITIAL FID + 2PP

2. Police Department where you applied: Plainsboro (Middlesex County)

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD: Det. Jason Conley, Karen in the PD/records dept.

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit: Just under 3 weeks

5. Documents required by the PD: Additional contact info form for Plainsboro PD. No additional info was needed; was basically to have my phone number etc for easy access when my FID was ready for pickup.

6. Notes: The application process was handled with 100% professionalism and neutrality by all of the staff at Plainsboro PD. Detective Conley gave me the form with the info for Sagem Morpho (fingerprinting service, digital) and suggested that i read the NJSP website for legal reference. Then he mentioned that it's a good idea for all firearm owners to go through a firearms safety course. The reference letters were mailed out by the PD the same day they received the FID application/payment. I received a voicemail stating that my FID + 2 PP were ready for pickup less than 3 weeks after my fingerprinting date. I REALLY have to praise the Plainsboro PD for handling this the way that they did; it was treated as a routine paperwork issue, like issuing a marriage license or registering a dog with the township. I was pleasantly surprised at the casual and welcoming attitude that all the staff had.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID): 3 PP's

2. Police Department where you applied. Harrison Twp

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Clerk

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 30 days on the dot.

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). None

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID): 2 PP

2. Police Department where you applied. Galloway 3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Harvey Bird

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 31 days

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Resident check Form. (they check the people in your home)

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). None

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial w 1PP

2. Police Department where you applied. Ewing Twp

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Jack (Forget last name) he only works Tues & Thurs

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Applied late Sept, had to wait a Month for finger printing. One of my references screwed me over by not returning the questionaire to the PD, wth. Once I found this out in Mid Jan 11, I was able to give another refence. Got the call not even a week ago that everything was ready for pick up. Could have been quicker but hell at least I have it now. :icon_e_biggrin:

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form).None

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). Just my own reference not returning a questionaire they knew was coming. Kick in the pants was my other reference is a firm anti but still did it for me. :icon_eek:

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID and 2 PP

2. Police Department where you applied.East Windsor PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.Detective Brian Gorsky

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit.18 days with an explanation for the delay! (WOW!)

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form).None

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). Detective Gorsky is an excelent person to be in the postion he is in. He is very suportive of the rite to bear arms. He also told me more than once that he does not like to let peoples paperwork sit on his desk. My references got their letters 2 days after I was in there! Way to go East windsor!

• Like 3

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID + 2 Permits

2. Police Department where you applied. New Brunswick

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Herbst

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. App in 9/13/2010, references in 10/18/2010, STILL PENDING

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). Juvy Waiver

Update:

Received FID and permit today. Approximately 5 months from start to finish.

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID):

Initial FID with three (3) permits to purchase

2. Police Department where you applied:

Middletown

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD:

Each time I dealt with a different clerk (in person/phone), all were very friendly and helpful

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit:

Applied December 29th 2010, Fingerprinted December 31st 2010, Received pickup letter via mail February 25th 2011 (Forms were dated 2/23/11).

(Total 58 days or just under 2 months or 9 weeks)

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form):

No extra documentation was necessary

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.):

Only delay was my one reference sent in his letter a week late (5 month old son was in hospital the week he received letter), nothing additional

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). FID and Two Permits

2. Police Department where you applied. Boonton

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. Detective Leroy Harris

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 29 days

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). No additional documents.

6. Notes - Boonton PD processes applications on Wednesdays. The Detective was very professional and was diligent about sending out the questionnaires to my references in a prompt manner. I really appreciated his professionalism throughout. I strongly suggest that you follow up with your references and hand deliver them to the PD if you have the opportunity to avoid any unnecessary delays. Overall I am very pleased with my experience considering some of the delays others have encountered throughout the state.

1. Application type: 2 PP's

2. Police Department where you applied. - Belleville

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. - Lena - clerk

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. - Applied on Weds(3/9), received call on Fri(3/11) PP were available.

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). - None

6. Notes - None

(I can't get over this, 2nd time applying and received within 2 days!!!:locomotive: )

• Like 2

1. Application type: Inital FID

2. Police Department where you applied: Carneys Point Police Deaprtment

3. Name of person(s) you dealt with: A handful of Sergeants, patrolmen, and the clerk

4. Time taken to issue: Applied; 2/13/11 still waiting on 3/18/11

5. Documents required by the PD: Application (had duplicates), mental health release, character reference (only one had to run off a copy), Sagem Morpho Trak form, employer notification form

6. Notes: Everyone I talked to in there was very nice, and helpful A real pleasure to deal with. But I guess the Detective likes to go on vacation a lot because its going on 5 weeks with no notification.

1. Application type - just one Permit to purchase

2. Police Department where you applied. Point Pleasant Boro

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. who ever was sitting at the dispatch at the time

4. Time taken to issue permit. aprox. - 33 days (2/14/11 - 3/18/11)

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). None. I had a winning bid on gunbroker (used s&w 910) and the pistol was at my ffl already, so I went by the PD on 3/14/11 to see if my PP was ready. They were very nice but said "please be patient and wait we will call you when its ready". they called just a few days later, cant complain about that

• Like 1

1. Application type - Initial FID and 1 Permit

2. Police Department where you applied. Pennsauken

3. Name of teh person you dealt with at teh PD. Audrey but not 100% positive

4. Time taken to issue permit. 5 weeks to teh day

5. Documents required by teh PD (aside from teh standard application and teh mental health release form). None