nott

NJ FID application data collection effort

1. Initial FID and 1 PP

2. Hazlet Township

3. Robert Dispenza, Special Services

4. Start to finish 2 months

5. No additional docs required

6. Mr. Dispenza is extremely helpful and rather fast considering he works 2 1/2 days a week. (Mon, Tue and half day on Wed). Mine was also held up 30 days due to a moron who agreed to be my reference then got all nervous he had to sign the paper. What are friends for, right?!? The detective did originally forget my Pistol Permit, but had it ready the next day for me. He told me the process with him typically takes 2 1/2 weeks, guess I am lucky I live in Hazlet.. I know Old Bridge is brutal, took my buddy 8 1/2 months.

1. Initial FID and 1 PP

2. City of Garfield

3. Officer Montelbano, firearms dept.

4. Application submitted May 6, prints done on May 13th, everything ready to pickup on the 20th, Yes only 2 weeks start to finish!

5. No additional docs required

6. I applaud the officer and dept for getting everything done so quick. I never heard of it being done so fast.

There is an error in my entry on the form. It says I applied on August 24th of this year, it`s supposed to say April 24th. I must have selected August by mistake.

But with Aberdeen, it took 40 days from submission of forms to receiving on FID and 2 p2p`s. Applied April 24th, received June 3rd. P2p`s and FID were dated for June 2nd.

There is an error in my entry on the form. It says I applied on August 24th of this year, it`s supposed to say April 24th. I must have selected August by mistake.

But with Aberdeen, it took 40 days from submission of forms to receiving on FID and 2 p2p`s. Applied April 24th, received June 3rd. P2p`s and FID were dated for June 2nd.

I made the fix. Thanks for letting me know and also for contributing!

Just went to Lacey PD today to get a permit to purchase a handgun (already have FID). They have a form titled "Firearms Application Instructions" which clearly states "This process may take several months." (see attached) What happened to 30 days?

Will update when permit is received.

UPDATE:

Received call on 9/19/2014 from detective re: employer clarification.

Received call on 9/24/2014 that permits were ready.Total 100 days...I guess that's what happened to 30 days.

When I asked why it took so long I was told the detectives were very busy.

lacey.pdf

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). NEW FID & 2 P2P
2. Police Department where you applied.  TOMS RIVER
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD. ELANE - VERY COURTEOUS AND HELPFUL 
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. 27 DAYS 7/1 - 7/28
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). STANDARD
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.).   NOPE       

Paulsboro and Salem are both requiring notarized paperwork.

Btw got permits in last week in Carneys point. Less then 72 hours and permits were in hand

What?! 3 days for permits?!

Damn.

I'm jealous :)

I am waiting for my permits since the beginning of May, and it all halted because the detective can't reach one of my references over the phone, and my reference (despite trying numerous times even with me being with him and leaving messages on a voicemail) can't reach the detective...

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID). Initial FID and 2 PP
2. Police Department where you applied.East Windsor PD
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.Detective Brian Gorsky
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. Issued 8/28/2014 total time taken to receive permits 24 days
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form).None
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). Had an appointment schduled today. I thought I was getting finger printed at station turns out otherwise. Had to schduel an appointment with identogo, earliest appointment was Aug 5th, 2014. Detective Gorsky was amazing. Told me to expect the permits in about 3 weeks (so roughly the end of august) once everything comes in (prints, references, etc) Even mentioned that the mental health form should come back by tomorrow and my refrences should get their letters by Saturday if the USPS doesn't screw it up! Wish I could of gotten the fingerprinting form before hand but oh well. Ill update with more info when I have it.

Update: References got their letters today (Aug. 1). A day before Det. Gorsky said they would. Looking promising so far.

Update: Completed fingerprinting on Aug 5th. In the final stretch of wating now.

Update: Received the call on Aug 28th. Permits are ready to be picked up!

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID).- P2P 2 ea.
2. Police Department where you applied.- Caldwell
3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD.- Det. Acocella
4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit. - 180 days as of 8/22/2014 - still waiting
5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form). - None
6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.). - Det. informed me they are still waiting for the Mental Health Release Form form the county. Let voicemail for Nancy Delia asking about the delay. Detective commented they lose about 1 in 10 requests.

- Det. informed me they are still waiting for the Mental Health Release Form form the county. Let voicemail for Nancy Delia asking about the delay. Detective commented they lose about 1 in 10 requests.

Something about that is off. When I met with the Detective who did my paperwork he acutally laughed and said he would have my mental health check back by the next day and made mention that, thats the quickest aspect about the whole process. 

Something about that is off. When I met with the Detective who did my paperwork he acutally laughed and said he would have my mental health check back by the next day and made mention that, thats the quickest aspect about the whole process. 

Wow. I spoke with Connie in  Woodbridge and she stated the mental health check is the lengthiest return time out of the whole process. She said it could take 2-3 weeks but that I was lucky because I don't have "Smith" as a last name. For me it'll be three weeks this Friday since I applied. Fingerprints are done and they have my references so now I just gotta wait. At least I completed NRA Basic Pistol last week with Dawn/ShootNJ and I'm constantly researching about difference handguns and accessories. Keeps me busy when work's slow.

Wow. I spoke with Connie in  Woodbridge and she stated the mental health check is the lengthiest return time out of the whole process. She said it could take 2-3 weeks but that I was lucky because I don't have "Smith" as a last name. For me it'll be three weeks this Friday since I applied. Fingerprints are done and they have my references so now I just gotta wait. At least I completed NRA Basic Pistol last week with Dawn/ShootNJ and I'm constantly researching about difference handguns and accessories. Keeps me busy when work's slow.

Connie is the best! I have one of those smith type names. They made some changes to the mental health process and What normally takes less than 40 days wound up at 3 months. I think in the end Connie did all the work to help me, everything else was back in less then 3 weeks my wait was just for the mental health. Could have made me mental!!

You bring in your own already completed reference forms. You also long in online before you turn in the paperwork. But other people in town still have waited months

Interesting. I am guessing you got the blank reference forms from the PD before and just made more copies ?

I will ask my PD. How about mental health check ? They dont run it everytime in your PD?

Got my FID and 3 PtoP's yesterday!  :yahoo:

1. Application type (FID/permit w/ existing FID).  initial FID and 3 PtoP,  applied 8/8/14

2. Police Department where you applied: Woodbridge PD

3. Name of the person you dealt with at the PD: Connie (she's the best!) in the downstairs permits dept

4. Time taken to issue FID and/or permit: 32 days counting weekends/holidays

5. Documents required by the PD (aside from the standard application and the mental health release form): DL, 2 references (letters sent)

6. Notes - anything pertaining to the application process (unforeseen difficulties, chief of police calling your home, you hiring an attorney, etc.): No one called my job or my home. Visit to MorphoTrust fingerprint scanning took 5mins at most. Everything involved to get FID was relatively painless.

I live in Hudson county but used to live in Bergen county.  Hoboken did a mental health record check in both to cover a 10 year history.  As I'm told, Hudson took way longer than Bergen.

On the bright side, i called the Hudson county office and spoke to a very nice gentleman there.  He couldn't tell me about my record request, but I learned that he is an instructor, teaching Boy Scouts over in the Bayonne range.  Good to know there are interested people somewhere within the system.

Three in a row! :D

1. Application type: 2 new Permits ,  applied 9/10/14
2. Twp. of Independence PD, Warren County
3. Both Chief Dennis Reiley and his admin. Kate
4. 16 days (2nd consecutive 16 day turnaround)  :D
5. Nothing special
6. N/A