Ray Ray

Ray Ray's Zombie Apocolypse thread

I actually have the Maxpedition FR1 pouch on one rig, and then the 5.11 6.6 med pouch (http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/ ... 11/I/58715) on my other. Truth is that I'm by no means a medical professional, knowing CLS at best, and because of that my IFAK is pretty basic! Definitely the simple things like band aids, ibuprofen, sun tan lotion, hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer, variety of bandages (for [pressure] dressings), and things to use for splints and tourniquets. Probably throw in some chap stick, eye drops, and other small things that I'm forgetting too.

As for my rigs that I would use... its the same setups I used for my mil career (some of the stuff that I kept too!), and the same rigs I would use for training and if SHTF I guess.

My "light" rig focuses around the SKD/Eagle Universal Chest Rig (http://www.skdtac.com/Eagle_Chest_Rig_U ... ag.567.htm). Also attached is the FR1 Med pouch. With this rig I would also wear my Maxpedition Jumbo Versipak since I couldn't really carry anything on the chest rig itself.

My heavier rig focuses on the Condor Modular Operator Plate Carrier (http://www.condoroutdoor.com/mopcmodula ... rrier.aspx). I'm not a huge fan of Condor stuff, but I also didn't feel like dropping 200+ on a simple MOLLE plate carrier. Why a plate carrier? More real-estate; and this design also comes with a cummerbund, which makes it easier and more comfortable. I like this set up because I can attach far more pouches, and don't have to really worry about carrying any other bags (camelbak attached, 6.6 Med attached, enough pouches for all the crap attached as well). I also find it far more comfortable (and stable); its just a terrible pain to get on in a jiffy (Velcro hell).

Edit to add:

Its late, and I didn't feel like going into specifics about my setup (PM if you want to discuss, I'd rather not take up the forum space)... BUT Tim is right that its not about what you need, but what you might need when talking about a BOB. Personally, I know that if SHTF I would probably bug in, and that is why my setups are tailored to that... however, I do have other means (I have a plethora of packs, though no real good ones...) of lugging around more crap if the zombies broke through the front door ;)

The reason I say pack light is because... You never know when your gonna have to sprint away from a horde of the undead. Better to have the basics of survival and be nimble and quick, Instead of lugging 200 pounds of supply's. Just grab what you need from houses and stores along the way. I say the most import things would include gun, ammo, water, light, items to make a fire, and a melee weapon of some kind, But that's just my humble opinion...LOL :)

Very interesting n nutty thread :lol:

And don't forget to bring along ... for the lulls between zombie encounters. If you can't keep up with all the excitement, vials of Lidocaine to combat tachycardia is also recommended :mrgreen:

megan-fox.jpg

megan-fox-topless.jpg

I am in. I think I could hold off the southern flank for awhile. I would spread the arms amongst unaffected friends and family.

Got me a little sport picked out with a 30 block wall behind me and a wide, deep creek 50' in front. 15' Fences at both ends that would need reinforcement. I think with such a setup, Megan would find my setup rather enticing.

AK47

Garand

Moss500

Beretta 303

Browning A5

G20

G19... when I pick it up

FNP45USG

SW 19

SW15

GSG5 for the little zombies.

The packing light vs. packing heavy discussion is always an interesting one. In some ways, I tend to see it as bugging out vs. bugging in. Anyway, in my case, I don't see much value in bugging out. I'm not set up to move a great distance away from HQ. Maybe some day I'll get some property out in rural PA or upstate NY, but for now, there's no where to go. So, not much of a concern for me. I tend to focus more on getting home and the GHB (get home bag). The GHB, to me, is all about streamlining and being realistic about what I need to get from the city back to my house... aprox. 15-45 miles on foot in a worst case scenario. I'm not thinking about how to carry 1000 rounds of 5.56 or a 12" machete. I am thinking about having to get across a river and having to go thru urban and suburban roads. If I get sidetracked and need to find a longer but less crowded route, how many extra hours/days will that add to my trip? Will I have enough water? Food? Do I even need to worry about water and food?

Lots of good stuff to think about :)

In the truck, abso-freakin-lutely! But the truck loadoat is a very different one than my GHB loadout. On foot from NYC, I don't think my PBA cards and courtesy badges will get me out of trouble if I get stopped with a machete! :lol: Then again, if there's zombies running around I'll have more important things to worry about than NYPD... :mrgreen:

That said, I do need to spend some more time setting up the Jeep...

I just got my machete actually, haha. I plan on doing some camping with my friends/fam this Spring and Summer, and figured I should finally get one. Admittedly I don't keep it in my vehicle, but instead keep an Extrik-8-R from CRKT (came packaged with my MAK-1). Since the only "blade" portion is the seatbelt cutter, I figure it wouldn't give any authority types the wrong impression. (I'm not a trained knife fighter, so, why would I carry a knife for self-defense?) It still has many features that would be useful if I was away from home/tools.

As for my vehicle, I just have a duffel filled with first aid; a couple flashlights (whose batteries I should probably change out) and glow snap-sticks and lighters (from my smoking days); GPS; a blanket and jacket; and, uhh, a box from LE Target filled with 400 targets? Ha, I guess I could burn it if need be.

That's it Ben, I have decided you need to join with Wolfy and I.

I figured I was already, considering I'm a central/south person myself! Honestly, this type of talk reminds me that I should really get to know my neighbors. Fortunately I'm blessed to live in an area where everyone has a good amount of personal space (even though its suburbia). But having been gone for the past couple of years, I never really had the chance to network with anyone... though, I am pretty sure one of my neighbors is a Vet, the other helps manage a construction company, as well as other interesting characters.

I have to admit, my "networking skills" absolutely suck. I've been in NJ for a little over 1.5 years now and I only know 3 of my direct neighbors by first name.. and aside from a "hey - crazy weather huh" convo, I don't really spend too much time chatting with them. I spent my entire life till now in the city, so this whole suburban thing is weird to me. I'm used to giving the neighbor across the hallway a nod and going about my business.

I do think about it a lot tho.. if something crazy happens, how are my neighbors going to react? Are they going to be too busy worrying about their own families or are they gonna try to steal my stuff? :think:

That's it Ben, I have decided you need to join with Wolfy and I.

I figured I was already, considering I'm a central/south person myself! Honestly, this type of talk reminds me that I should really get to know my neighbors. Fortunately I'm blessed to live in an area where everyone has a good amount of personal space (even though its suburbia). But having been gone for the past couple of years, I never really had the chance to network with anyone... though, I am pretty sure one of my neighbors is a Vet, the other helps manage a construction company, as well as other interesting characters.

Yeah, but now it is official. And we will train you to use a knife. :D

Ray Ray (me)

Caine

SpecOps2087

NJ609

BCeagle

Shane45

mikeyboyeee

celraysoda

bbk

nickd308

jermz1987

Blcklightning

unloco

maideneddie

These are the men that said the "magic words"!

You others that have posted here haven't.

Now, to be fair, I need to now from the north guys where we should meet up? The south guys should meet up somewhere else. The central boys have to decide whether they consider themselves northerners or southerners.

Now, to be fair, I need to now from the north guys where we should meet up? The south guys should meet up somewhere else. The central boys have to decide whether they consider themselves northerners or southerners.

Perhaps we should meet up at Xanadu in the Meadowlands. That place seems to be invisible to all the stupid, brainless people, so we should all be safe there.

Perhaps we should meet up at Xanadu in the Meadowlands. That place seems to be invisible to all the stupid, brainless people, so we should all be safe there.

+1

And just for RayRay - IN

I am meeting at my house, anyone who comes bring food and ammo. Extra food if you have no ammo.

Ray Ray (me)

Caine

SpecOps2087

NJ609

BCeagle

Shane45

mikeyboyeee

celraysoda

bbk

nickd308

jermz1987

Blcklightning

unloco

maideneddie

djg0770

Forget a team, this is an army!

I am meeting at my house, anyone who comes bring food and ammo. Extra food if you have no ammo.

Donuts, Coffee Cake, and Ice Cream - I'm on board ;)

612200885516AM_____4706664a8ac28.jpg

DQ is too small and can be overrun, you need a 2nd floor. I have lots of ammo and lots of canned goods, I plan to break down the stairs and sit on my roof with my remington 700 and take my time with head shot after head shot. As long as the zombies cant climb I think I'm good.

I agree, lots of ammo or lots of food or you need to find a new place to go and no one in my neighborhood hs either. I guess the guys on this board may be the only ones left.

I'm central for life. But since my wife is from South NJ I can see siding with you guys if the SHTF. I'm not a bug out guy although I do enjoy camping and have remedial skills. But around here bugging in is not a long term strategy, too much density. South NJ has a lot of nice sparse areas and with enough hardware and planning (and luck!) I think we could do ok.

Can we wait for me to get my AR built for the world to end though kthx? :lol:

Sad truth is around where I live I don't have a lot of confidence that the common NJ residents are very capable of protecting themselves. Sure with your back against the wall and a baseball bat in hand you are dangerous but let's be realistic, you have to have the right equipment to have any chance of long term survival. Anyone who has bought into the "no guns in NJ" bullhish is missing some key stuff IMO.