Ray Ray

Ray Ray's Zombie Apocolypse thread

Man you guys are rough :lol: Some guns are nothing more than fun. Although 98% of what I have fits a specific application, some are just for FUN. I didnt buy a PS90 because I have dillusions of grandor that I'm going to get a "Cobra, zombie squad" call from local swat to come help them out on a no knock warrent, I got it for fun for me and my 10 year old. Its just fun, thats it. I have fired the DE 50. It was fun. I have video of me one handing it. Torqued so much the casing came straight back and "tink" bounced off my forehead. :oops: :lol:

Shane

All my guns are owned in expectation of the coming zombie war.

Dude! Me, you and Caine think exactly alike!

Yup. Recent conversation with the Mrs. went something like this:

Me: "Can I build an AR15 for my birthday?"

Her: "Um.... Wtf do you need a military rifle for?"

Me: "ZOMBIES!"

Her: "Oooo good point, go ahead."

:lol:

Yup. Recent conversation with the Mrs. went something like this:

Me: "Can I build an AR15 for my birthday?"

Her: "Um.... Wtf do you need a military rifle for?"

Me: "ZOMBIES!"

Her: "Oooo good point, go ahead."

:lol:

Atleast she knows the zombie war is coming...all of my friends, gf, and parents think I'm nuts when I go rambling on about the upcoming zombie apocalypse 8-)

at the first sign of zombies, I'll be getting my gun buddies together and will be going over to dicks to barricade ourselves in :twisted:

I'll be at Walmart in PA... Chances are the "People of Walmart" know how to use a gun and will not be typical NJ residents.

Was watching District 9 yesterday.... and just thinking... for the zombie invasion, wouldnt you want the most reliable firearm? I would either go for a Dragunov/NDM/PSL variant, a good quality AK, or a Piston Driven AR such as the Sig 556.

In the movie, they had Aug's.... and I would bet a PS90 or an AR57 would be good... 50 round mags and all... so yes, would have to go to PA. lol.

Wait, who owns firearms and DOESN'T consider the need to prepare for the proverbial horde?

Seriously. When I was in the military, I never gave much thought to owning a firearm. Between being issued brand new rifles, and working at a highly secure facility (where it was called "the building" and it was "behind the wire") that was located behind a fence that was already behind the fence of the military facility itself... plus, Ft Carson (and its ridiculous amount of BCTs and Cav regiments) being 60-70 miles away... not to mention that it was CO and everybody there is prepared for SHTF (well, at least everyone are quasi-survivalists between the blizzards/droughts/wild-fires).

But once I got out and got into firearms, and then realized how things were continuing in a downward trend socially/economically, my love/fear of zombies (going back a decade or so) was reignited! So, yes, I definitely am not a complete "prepper," but I must admit I take the time to read zombiehunters.org and survivalblog.com... plus, if I learned anything from what I did in the military, its that I can't be ignorant to whats going on in the world and think that it would never happen to me or the community I live in.

Add me to that list!

Already have my zombie survival planed out, even though I do not currently own any firearms :( . Hit up shore shot on my way to survive it out in Costco on rt70. Costco has everything you could possibly need to survive (except ammo). It even has it's own gas station!

Already have my zombie survival planed out, even though I do not currently own any firearms :( . Hit up shore shot on my way to survive it out in Costco on rt70. Costco has everything you could possibly need to survive (except ammo). It even has it's own gas station!

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=13017 :p!

I have a pretty well stocked tool box but my answer is always the same, if I can only grab one, the DSA SA58C is comming with me! It has the greatest spectrum of functionality IMHO. Ya never know, maybe real zombies arent limited to people. Or maybe real zombies can drive :o

Shane

It would also depend on what kind of zombies we are talking about here. Old school Dawn of the Dead or the infected from 28 Days Later. But if we are hit with zombies that can drive cars, shoot guns, and function like humans we are doomed :cry: Maybe it would be better to be one of them instead of the living? :D

From what I've read/learned about disaster situations is that the best option is to stay where you're familiar. For a lot of us that is our own home. Some people have more favorable locations then others, but unless someone has a backup location I think bugging out (what people tend to think is the best immediate option) is dangerous for the person/group and the citizens out there. People who bug out are immediately refugees, and as honorable as people think they might be, people can get pretty desperate!

It would also depend on what kind of zombies we are talking about here. Old school Dawn of the Dead or the infected from 28 Days Later. But if we are hit with zombies that can drive cars, shoot guns, and function like humans we are doomed :cry: Maybe it would be better to be one of them instead of the living? :D

I have to admit, I think about it sometimes. What type of "zombie" could actually exist? The whole "undead" thing is a bit far-fetched... but some crazy disease (like rabies or mad cow) that mutates people into super-aggressive/violent/primal creatures doesn't seem too far off. So, I'm going to go with Danny Boyle's depiction.

From what I've read/learned about disaster situations is that the best option is to stay where you're familiar. For a lot of us that is our own home. Some people have more favorable locations then others, but unless someone has a backup location I think bugging out (what people tend to think is the best immediate option) is dangerous for the person/group and the citizens out there. People who bug out are immediately refugees, and as honorable as people think they might be, people can get pretty desperate!

Very true. I agee whole heartedly. Hunker down and assess the situation. Situation permitting of course, there are always what ifs that happen. Like getting invade by giant alien space spiders. It is bound to happen. :?

Maybe we should start a New Jersey zombie deletion camp.

So far we've got:

Ray Ray (me)

Caine

SpecOps2087

NJ609

BCeagle

anyone else?

Count me in! Already have emergency food in my Mother's basement in Teaneck. If we ever run out, she has 5 shitzsu's. :dance:

I also live right down the street from Restaurant Depot so I may stay where I am. Taquitos Baby!!

I hear there are no zombies up north, and in a park in Los Angeles. =)

but yes, I really wonder about zombies...

Like the tame old zombies, resident evil zombies,

mid level like the remake dawn of the dead where they hang out at the mall.

or top level elite totally crazy zombies like in I am legend.

Ray Ray (me)

Caine

SpecOps2087

NJ609

BCeagle

Shane45

mikeyboyeee

celraysoda

bbk

nickd308

Just so you guys know, I didn't start this thread. I think a mod got mad that I kinda jacked a previous thread. So far this is my team, or should I say our team.

I have to admit, I think about it sometimes. What type of "zombie" could actually exist? The whole "undead" thing is a bit far-fetched... but some crazy disease (like rabies or mad cow) that mutates people into super-aggressive/violent/primal creatures doesn't seem too far off. So, I'm going to go with Danny Boyle's depiction.

Yeah its called a snow storm! Little old ladies beating each other over a loaf of bread. Its scary! Now imagine a suitcase nuke going off in NYC and millions of people flowing outward :o