SpecOps2087

NJ609

BCeagle

Shane45

mikeyboyeee

celraysoda

bbk

nickd308

Just so you guys know, I didn't start this thread. I think a mod got mad that I kinda jacked a previous thread. So far this is my team, or should I say our team.

Okay, so far we have two teams of 5

We will have to split everyone up according to location in NJ.

When we get more members to NJZDT (New Jersey Zombie Delection Team) we will further enhance the teams so that your fellow team members live close to you.

The name can change but that's what I got so far.

It's okay Tim, this thread took on a life of it's own!

It would also depend on what kind of zombies we are talking about here. Old school Dawn of the Dead or the infected from 28 Days Later. But if we are hit with zombies that can drive cars, shoot guns, and function like humans we are doomed :cry: Maybe it would be better to be one of them instead of the living? :D

I have to admit, I think about it sometimes. What type of "zombie" could actually exist? The whole "undead" thing is a bit far-fetched... but some crazy disease (like rabies or mad cow) that mutates people into super-aggressive/violent/primal creatures doesn't seem too far off. So, I'm going to go with Danny Boyle's depiction.

Anyone ever see the movie Quarantine? It wasn't actually all that good, but the people in it turned zombie-esque from a mutated form of rabies. Makes you think...

Funny thing is before I even saw this thread I was planning on watching Zombieland tonight. I haven't seen it yet and the wife actually won't mind watching it since this one "looks like it's funny". zombie06.gif

Ray Ray count me in. zombie10.gif

Zombieland is arguably not even that much of a zombie movie. Except for the fact that it takes place in a zombie post apocalyptic world (ZPAW), its a lot more substance then just flesh-eating savages. Definitely a good flick.

As for Quarantine, that movie made me do a double take. It was a remake of the Spanish movie REC... even though the Spanish/original version had just come out in 2007! (Quarantine came out in 2008). The movie was interesting, and definitely eerie... I did like how the story showed you a bit, but nothing definitive on what was the actual cause (if I remember correctly). Something about dogs, and the mad doctor, and something.

As for I am Legend... eh, those are suppose to be vampires! I definitely enjoyed the original Omega Man more (story-wise).

An upcoming film though that, once more, will take its shot at the "zombie" genre is The Crazies. I don't know how good it'll be, but it definitely looks creepy.

Ray Ray (me)

Caine

SpecOps2087

NJ609

BCeagle

Shane45

mikeyboyeee

celraysoda

bbk

nickd308

jermz1987

Blcklightning

This is getting crazy, where gonna have an army by Monday!

Best thread on NJGF ever! :D

If I could slightly deviate from the movie theme and suggest a couple books for any of you that find the zombie theme interesting:

Day by Day Armageddon - J.L. Bourne

Dead City - Joe McKinney

The Rising - Brian Keene

City of the Dead - Brian Keene (takes a departure from traditional zombies that some won't like but it's still a good read)

Dying to Live - Kim Paffenroth

Plague of the Dead - Z.A. Recht

Thunder and Ashes - Z. A. Recht (the author recently passed away and I'm not sure if he ever finished the 3rd book in the trilogy)

World War Z - Max Brooks

If you can only read one, read Day by Day Armageddon.

On a more serious note, the Central/South team can have Matt. He'll just slow us down with his sensitive hands ;) Then again, he might make a good decoy/bait... :think:

Best thread on NJGF ever! :D

If I could slightly deviate from the movie theme and suggest a couple books for any of you that find the zombie theme interesting:

Day by Day Armageddon - J.L. Bourne

Dead City - Joe McKinney

The Rising - Brian Keene

City of the Dead - Brian Keene (takes a departure from traditional zombies that some won't like but it's still a good read)

Dying to Live - Kim Paffenroth

Plague of the Dead - Z.A. Recht

Thunder and Ashes - Z. A. Recht (the author recently passed away and I'm not sure if he ever finished the 3rd book in the trilogy)

World War Z - Max Brooks

If you can only read one, read Day by Day Armageddon.

On a more serious note, the Central/South team can have Matt. He'll just slow us down with his sensitive hands ;) Then again, he might make a good decoy/bait... :think:

Sorry Pete, he is all yours. I will send you skin lotion so you will have a supply for him.

Haha, that kit is a bit weird. Earplugs that double as nose plugs... eh, I'll just stick with keeping my nose ear-free. And as for the 25' of 550, that's it? I have a few rolls of 100', and I'm pretty sure I'll probably get my hands on some more (stuff is great for everything). The one thing I have to really get together is my IFAKs... I have one in my vehicle, but none for my persons.

The one thing I have to really get together is my IFAKs... I have one in my vehicle, but none for my persons.

I keep one of these in my range bag http://www.tacticalresponsegear.com/cat ... ts_id=3203 and had some room left over for "booboo kit" items.

That said, I do need to put together a smaller one to throw into the bag I take to work with me

My Zombie Kit will include.....

1.CZ75b + ammo

2.Smith and Wesson 66 + ammo

3.Satellite phone

4.Flashlight

5.Lighter + fluid

6.Batteries

7.M.R.E's

8.Bottled water

9.First aid kit.

10. Last but not least...My Machete :twisted:

What will your Zombie Kit include? It has to be stuff you actually own...Remember pack light!