Ray Ray

Ray Ray's Zombie Apocolypse thread

I'm pretty sure it was rauchman, or someone, that introduced me to zombiehunters.org... absolutely freaking great site, for both novelty reasons, gun pron, and good prepping info. I recommend it highly. As for Ray Ray's topic that's grown into a multi-paged monster, this may be the best topic so far on NJGF, haha.

+1 fun site & good thread :D

Did you guys know that some states are passing laws that make it illegal for the police to confiscate legally owned weapons from law abiding citizens during a state of emergency? (Why there needs to be a law other than the Constitution, I don't know....)

Katrina was a disaster and cops grabbed firearms then left the poor people to die in huge swaths of the city with no way to defend themselves from criminals and malcontents. Granted Mother Nature was the biggest threat but still, in a lawless land you sure as heck want a firearm to help you keep your family safe.

That's not America. And it makes me angry to think that anyone would believe that was the right call.

So the question becomes if the SHTF, are you willing to allow that to happen? I'm no bad ass who thinks we need to fight the man. (Much to the contrary really). I'm just wondering what others thoughts are on this. I can't see allowing my local PD to take my firearms just because they feel it's in their best interest, leaving me with no way to defend my family from "zombies"....

Did you guys know that some states are passing laws that make it illegal for the police to confiscate legally owned weapons from law abiding citizens during a state of emergency? (Why there needs to be a law other than the Constitution, I don't know....)

Katrina was a disaster and cops grabbed firearms then left the poor people to die in huge swaths of the city with no way to defend themselves from criminals and malcontents. Granted Mother Nature was the biggest threat but still, in a lawless land you sure as heck want a firearm to help you keep your family safe.

That's not America. And it makes me angry to think that anyone would believe that was the right call.

So the question becomes if the SHTF, are you willing to allow that to happen? I'm no bad a** who thinks we need to fight the man. (Much to the contrary really). I'm just wondering what others thoughts are on this. I can't see allowing my local PD to take my firearms just because they feel it's in their best interest, leaving me with no way to defend my family from "zombies"....

They won't be getting mine if the SHTF.

I also don't really see them even having the resources to round anyone's up either.

I also don't really see them even having the resources to round anyone's up either.

Well, I know there was a federal bill passed that protects "us" but the truth is, with the National Guard on their side, their resources are not to be scoffed at if they chose to illegally do this....

I'm sure the folks in NO thought "with all the isht going on there's no way the Police will be caring if I have a .22LR to protect myself with". They were WRONG.

Well, I know there was a federal bill passed that protects "us" but the truth is, with the National Guard on their side, their resources are not to be scoffed at if they chose to illegally do this....

I'm sure the folks in NO thought "with all the isht going on there's no way the Police will be caring if I have a .22LR to protect myself with". They were WRONG.

This is the 1st I have heard of them confiscating legal firearms btw.

Just had a conversation with a friend of mine along the same theme...

The golden rule is, the man with the gun, makes the rules. Derivitively, the man with more guns than the other man, makes the rules. There is a common misconception that big business tells government how it is. This is false. Who is the one with more guns in this case?

If there was a genuine effort by the government to confiscate all firearms, all hell would break lose. Don't know who would win that one. On the other hand, if the government wants to shut one individual down, they will. Remember Ruby Ridge?

Maybe a LEO can chime in on what gave the authorities the right to confiscate legal firearms, but it did happen in the wake of Katrina. I don't know if it was DHS or a state thing. Personally, I'd be the one to tell the authorities to piss off if they tried to confiscate my firearms and evacuate me... but if it was the absolute law, what choice would I have? I, and I'm sure Maks and others would agree on this forum, that none of us advocate breaking the law (which I think should have been stated as a disclaimer previously).

While its debatable, I believe what separates us, law abiding citizens... society really, from the "horde" (or our primordial selves) is our ability to govern and be governed (whether its our own morals, or the laws we live under). I think the moment we break from that, we've just become another statistic... another "zombie," another person who will either be a problem or eventually be the consequence of one. So, while this is a great topic, lets not forget that 1. this is the internet and anybody can read what we say and misconstrue it! and 2. be logical, and not say stupid stuff (not that anybody has... I'm just saying it before someone does).

We need a NJGF armband or something, so when we're out fighting zombies, we'll know which side we're on. Then we can organize and re-claim NJ bit by bit and make it our own nation. :p

Not secure enough. It allows for the possibility of "Judas Zombies" infiltrating the ranks.

Im so unprepared for a zombie invasion I would probably be the first to turn. I will raise a zombie army and infiltrate your ranks for total domination of NJ. Then we shall spread and conquer the United states and then...THE WORLD! You are welcome to join me by your free will or... by force! :obscene-hanged:

Not to hijack the fun, but the confiscations in N. Orleans were absolutely true. AND even though they were ordered by the courts to return all firearms, they still retained most because they got around the court by making the burdan of proof of ownership IN A DISASTER AREA near impossible. I do not believe the National Guard could be used in the way mentioned because I believe they fall under the Posse Comitatus act. I know a few people that did protective services down there during the disatser and they state that the horrer stories that never made the news are in high numbers. Think teen girls gang rapped at the stadium and stuffed in refridgerators. The only neighborhoods that seemed to go unscaythed are the ones that set up armed perimiters!!!!

Shane

Ray Ray (me)

Caine

SpecOps2087

NJ609

BCeagle

Shane45

mikeyboyeee

celraysoda

bbk

nickd308

jermz1987

Blcklightning

unloco

maideneddie

djg0770

rauchman

axeman_g

Well, Ray, one would think that anyone north of 78 should be in the north team.

I would find myself lucky to be among that crew. Frankly, I just need Caine to show up at my house with his gear. His 10 is one and 5 is none policy works for me.

I figure if he and Matt with his 22 were to show up, we could fend off the zombies for weeks and have some fun shooting rabbits with Matt's plinker.

Ray Ray (me)

Caine

SpecOps2087

NJ609

BCeagle

Shane45

mikeyboyeee

celraysoda

bbk

nickd308

jermz1987

Blcklightning

unloco

maideneddie

djg0770

rauchman

axeman_g

I'm not "in" yet? Where's the application? Is there a waiting period? Do I need to get fingerprinted / background check?

Ray Ray (me)

Caine

SpecOps2087

NJ609

BCeagle

Shane45

mikeyboyeee

celraysoda

bbk

nickd308

jermz1987

Blcklightning

unloco

maideneddie

djg0770

rauchman

axeman_g

chad

Look, this is so easy. All you have to do is type "I'm in" and you automatically get added on to the list! Damn people, I thought that was easy.

Well, I only want to be on Pete's team.

When you come aboard, you automatically will because of where you live. I'm on Pete's team too! Along with djg0770 and other northerners!