Ray Ray

Ray Ray's Zombie Apocolypse thread

Central NJ has too many zombies, I'd be running south as fast as I could get to you Pineys. You guys know how to party down there.... :lol:

Ayup right up till one of em tells you "Squeal like a Pig Boy" :o :shock:

WOOHOO Page 13 Be MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone ever read the "Zombie survival guide" by max brooks or World War Z? Both great books... Could help prepare everyone lol

I found a pdf copy online and it destroyed a day at work as I studied it like the field survival guide.

I think I am prepared for anything but fast zombies and if I can hunt a little I can last forever.

Anyone ever read the "Zombie survival guide" by max brooks or World War Z? Both great books... Could help prepare everyone lol

I've read both, of course :) World War Z does a surprisingly good job of making fictional events seem very real. They're supposedly making it into a movie

World War Z is going to be an absolutely awesome movie, and will definitely have a decent budget to work with (DiCaprio's studio is producing). ZSG is a great read too, though I must admit I'm so tired of reading FM's (haha). As for World War Z, I have the opportunity to use it for educational purposes for one of my classes... should be fun.

I'm with Tim too. :twisted:

Me Three

Wow, the South Central Brigade is picking up some members. We do need a cool nickname though. And an actual list of who is joining.

Pete, I think we would all benefit from a N/C/S meet. Just have your bait and decoy set one up. :p

best bet if your meeting in woodbridge is my ideal location, there's a grocery distribution warehouse that would be easy to secure with our little army. loaded with non perishable food and water we could last for months if not longer, also has a diesel fuel station located near by.

A restaurant depot with metal gates and an accessible roof to snipe off of would be perfect. I would even recommend ringing it with cars to provide a barrier.

BTW Dont rink your hard liquor, use it for molatav cocktails, just make sure to throw it far enough not to endanger your structure.

Seriously, we should consider the new Costco on Rt 70 (along with the new Dicks ammo and guns) or the BJs on Rt 37 in Toms River. Very few entrances to defend, all block construction, roof access, plenty of food and water and all the TVs and HD Movies to keep you happy for months!

OK.. well.. the problem with Costcos and Walmarts and Dicks and all the big stores is that everyone is gonna have that idea. Chances are by the time you get there, they'll have been ransacked. It may have worked for a while in Dawn of the Dead, but the chances of finding a perfectly intact mall/shopping center/supermarket/etc. are gonna be pretty slim once the SHTF.

Now, the supermarket distribution warehouses are somewhat different. They tend to be in an industrial area that doesn't get much foot or road traffic. And, most people don't even know they're there. Assuming you and your group could get there early enough and secure the perimeter, it would be an almost ideal place to hold up for a while.

OK.. well.. the problem with Costcos and Walmarts and Dicks and all the big stores is that everyone is gonna have that idea. Chances are by the time you get there, they'll have been ransacked. It may have worked for a while in Dawn of the Dead, but the chances of finding a perfectly intact mall/shopping center/supermarket/etc. are gonna be pretty slim once the SHTF.

Now, the supermarket distribution warehouses are somewhat different. They tend to be in an industrial area that doesn't get much foot or road traffic. And, most people don't even know they're there. Assuming you and your group could get there early enough and secure the perimeter, it would be an almost ideal place to hold up for a while.

Definitely, I think you want to avoid large groups of people, just a core group that are dedicated, knowledgable and trustworthy. Looters will be as big a problem as zombies and in many cases should be dispatched similarly. I must admit though, any neighbors that try to flee will find their houses devoid of any food, medicine or fuel should they ever return. (i'll leave a check for it)