Sign in to follow this  
Ray Ray

What if?

All you need to do is buy one on the last day of the month, and then buy the next one on the first day of the next month. Two guns in two days.

Don't have the law handy but I believe it's one every 30 days not one per calendar month.

Tracking this can be done through NICS or the copies of the purchase permit that go back to the local pd or state police.

Restriction on number of firearms person may purchase. Only one handgun shall be purchased or delivered on each permit and no more than one handgun shall be purchased within any 30-day period, but this limitation shall not apply to: blah, blah, blah.
  • Like 1

If NJ adheres to the law ( :lol: ), NICS records are deleted within a short time period after the check is run. Only exception is a rejected NICS check. If this is the case, OGAM will have to be tracked at the NJSP or local PD level based on the copies of the PPP returned to them.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Why not call and scream at your state elected officials.

I have a question...

Here is a real scenario that I am currently going through:

I am trying to compete in my USPSA match at the end of this month.

I wanted to take delivery of 2 pistols as I am a competitor and I have my reasons as to why it would be prudent for me to take both guns at once.

I called the NJSP to get the form, they dont have a form. I called my state senator, she didnt know the NJSP didnt have a form or a way for me to take advantage of this law. So they have made exemptions, but provide me no way to take advantage of the exemption.

I hope a lawyer reads this thread.

How can they go to work with straight faces everyday in our state?

This state is a joke when it comes to this. The second word on the NJ flag is liberty. Why cant I have some? Why am I 1 step away from being a 3 year minimum sentence due to the fact that I own guns in NJ???

Make sure you dont elect the same losers each year please.

I really want to sell all of my guns, take the 20k they are all worth and just sue the shit out of NJ over this, and I want to go broke doing it, just suing NJ, making lawsuits that are very expensive for NJ to defend.

I am about a year from leaving this state for more freedom friendly pastures...

Thanks for letting me rant.

If NJ adheres to the law ( :lol: ), NICS records are deleted within a short time period after the check is run. Only exception is a rejected NICS check. If this is the case, OGAM will have to be tracked at the NJSP or local PD level based on the copies of the PPP returned to them.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

This is a perfect case of 'lets not think this all the way through'

What if I buy a handgun and 28 days later buy another one? Are they really gonna break my b@lls over this?

btw, just noticed the zombie movie in my words, can't get that stuff out of my head!

I am pretty sure they are going to do it based on the purchase date on the permits they get back. The NICS check would not be accurate as you can pass a NICS check and still choose not buy anything (are they even informed of the type of firearm you want to purchase during the NICS check process?).

I am pretty sure they are going to do it based on the purchase date on the permits they get back. The NICS check would not be accurate as you can pass a NICS check and still choose not buy anything (are they even informed of the type of firearm you want to purchase during the NICS check process?).

Good point Joey, they don't know what gun your buying, just that you are buying a gun. Why do I still live here?

This law is absolutely sad to our community! When it was first going into effect not even the head of firearms unit at the state police would offer us up a solid answer. I am not one hundred percent sure but I "heard" it was a felony. Also mandatory revocation of FID card (which i guess would happen with a felony arrest). Also as far as enforcing they are leaving it up to the local municipalities as we are mandated to send a copy to them within 3 days of sale. The guy that said his PD said self enforced even then I would be super careful because another copy goes to the State Police. I am sure they will also be tracking these. It is just not worth it at all! To risk having your firearm privileges revoked is horrible.

Its like when guys say can you get me 30 round mags?

ANSWER: No

Well I'll just go out to PA and buy them and bring them back.

It amazes me that people will just out right admit to breaking a law that is so stupid but so severe.

Im going to have to build another floor tho to store peoples guns while they wait the 30 days out. With some firearms like Kimber and certain model Sigs being so scarce it is just not right to not allow a customer to put a deposit down on it if he has a valid Permit but has bought within the 30 days. Our safe is just filled with such guns and its an absolute insult that the LEGAL GUN OWNERS of NJ would buy more then one gun in order to sell it to a non eligible friend! I can see these straw purchases being a problem in say Texas or South Carolina. But NJ?? I doubt any of the people that sponsored this bill even know what it takes in order to obtain a gun the LEGAL way. Especially with people waiting in some towns up to 6 months to get a permit. This is such a JOKE! We must write as many letters to as many people as possible to tell them how this is absolutely not going to help any crime from being committed in this state. What we need to do is make stiffer and more severe penalties for people who are banned from purchasing being caught in possession with. AND STICKING TO IT! Too many of our states criminals are multi offenders that just get caught only to be released to be caught again. Why make more laws to restrict the innocent and not make the actual guilty pay for their crimes? THIS IS A JOKE AND A SPIT IN THE FACE TO US LEGAL OWNERS!

Had a customer the other day that was issued 8 permits. He swore that he was going to be able to use them. "he had to be. because the issued them" I feel bad if he tries to go through with him. He was just one of those don't tell me what to do old timers. Love those guys but feel bad because Im afraid he is going to try to use them and he is going to pay for it by his second amendment rights!

Thanks for the god read shore_shot!

Joined the cause megaman

You are right shore_shot, it just is soo stupid becuase if you think your legal and wait between purchases, and you actually are off by a few days, then your screwed!

I know. I have a nice 10mm sitting in a safe in a store for another 23 days...already paid for...