Sign in to follow this  
Celraysoda

Can only apply for one permit?

I just applied for 3 permits thinking I can only buy one a month. Just got a call back from the local PD saying I can only apply for one a month.

I thought we can apply for as many as we like (3 would be the logical amount) and can only purchase one a month?

So I have to make the trip every month and pay $18 again?

I just applied for 3 permits thinking I can only buy one a month. Just got a call back from the local PD saying I can only apply for one a month.

I thought we can apply for as many as we like (3 would be the logical amount) and can only purchase one a month?

There is a thread around here somewhere about the ANJPRPC asking anyone who experiences this to contact them.

I applied for three 5 weeks ago and just picked them up last Wednesday. You can only use one every 30 days but they cant deny you less than 3. as previously stated you should contact that lawyer. What there doing to you is illegal!

Seems to be a common misinterpretation of the one gun a month law. My PD will not accept applications for more than one handgun, but I don't intend to challenge them at the moment.

You don't have to take on that responsibility - simply report them to the ANJRPC, and they'll straighten them out.

You actually have 180 days total (with renewal) on the PPP's so even 6 at one time isn't out of the question.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

There is a thread around here somewhere about the ANJPRPC asking anyone who experiences this to contact them.

Just sent the NJ Field Rep an email. Will keep you posted on what happens.

Great, this is the crap they are pulling statewide now. The WHOLE STATE IS BREAKING THE LAW.

WTF is going on NJ?!?!?!

IS ANYONE ELSE OUTRAGED?!?!?!?!

So I got an email from Scott Bach ccing Dan Schmutter. They are going to contact me to get some more info.

I called the Sergeant who is a very nice guy. He said this is the law and he even called the State Police which confirmed this as the law but could not provide anything in writing.

So I got an email from Scott Bach ccing Dan Schmutter. They are going to contact me to get some more info.

Who Sgt Levis? He is a nice guy, and does a good job. But this is getting out of control in this state.

I called the Sergeant who is a very nice guy. He said this is the law and he even called the State Police which confirmed this as the law but could not provide anything in writing.

So how are they working it? Are they expecting us to pay every time we apply for a permit and pay the $18+$2 fee??? I don't understand it. Maybe there is no way to keep track of one gun a month so this is there way to keep track.

Makes no sense unless they intend to prevent you from exercising your right to file for another permit until they get the used one back...

I'm glad we're going to sue NJ over this. No one knows wtf is going on and is slowing everything down. I STILL havn't recieved my permits yet and it's going on a month now -- and I bet it's because I requested 2

My town was 7 weeks, and i had applied for 6. When i did my Change of Address a year before that THAT was 7 weeks. NJSP's turnaround time is running around 4-5 weeks according to the guy on my dept that does the permits.

Well before this 1 gun a month BS (not but 2 months ago), I could get a permit in under a week. I just called my local PD and they said they are still waiting on the state police so that's where the hold up is.

However, it's not just civilians. My uncle (ex-cop) has been waiting just as long as I have and he could get them in days prior to january of this year.

Usually it is 3-4 weeks for a permit in Hackensack. The people there genuinely care about the process and seem to be pretty much on top of it. I think this is stemming from some mis-information from the State Police.

And yes, they expect us to pay $18 + $2 for each permit now. I just hope everyone get's educated on what "one gun a month" really means.

It's unfortunate that the economy will suffer. I was planning on getting a Rock Island 1911 and a 357 this month. Still shopping for the 357.

I'd really want to get the opinion of local gun shop owners take on this new law so far? Have sales slowed down because of OGAM? I mean guns will still sell its just that people are going to be held back from buying guns. Will there be a lot of "hold that gun for me" type deals or what? This OGAM really sucks and is slowing everything down.

Last permits I picked up from Jackson about a month ago, I asked about OGAM, they said they had not had any guidance from the state about it, so I could have got more than the 2 I got. I have one left, saving it for a 686.

I know there's a couple of us on here that are looking for one of these in .357, maybe we can work a deal with one of our fine forum vendors? My time frame is early to mid March.

Well before this 1 gun a month BS (not but 2 months ago), I could get a permit in under a week. I just called my local PD and they said they are still waiting on the state police so that's where the hold up is.

However, it's not just civilians. My uncle (ex-cop) has been waiting just as long as I have and he could get them in days prior to january of this year.

Like I said, 7 weeks for Permits and CoA before that. Conversely when i FIRST moved down here I walked in with the filled out CoA form, the Det typed out my new card, went to the chief and had it signed, put my print on it, and i walked out in 30 minutes. Handgun permits were about a week. Once they put the new fee schedule in place that required Every transaction to go therough the $18.00 background check everyone's times extended. The guy on my dept that does permits is running about 5 weeks for guys ON the department, including the Chief....(same wait for Joe Citizen BTW as long as the Reference letters come right back)