Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

Bill Clinton hospitalized

Bills moral's sucked, but he financialy kept us in the + and for that i give him recognition, the country did run pretty smooth during his term.

I agree with you..

Get well BC.

It appears the cigars are catching up to him.. Once again.

No matter what you think of the man politically, after 9/11 when he walked the streets with his fellow citizens, crying, holding hands, not even speaking... Just comforting people.... You can't fake that. Somewhere in there is a good man.

Hope he pulls through.

I still find it funny how many people think BC had a good presidency...

In his first and 2nd year, his presidency was no different than what Obama is doing now. Left agenda that the democrats can't unite on, facing midterm elections that will swap power that forced him to swing to the center right. His first 2 years were down right terrible.

Congress controls what goes happens with the economy, taxes and the country. When the republicans took power of the house, it forced BC to change and instead of standing his ground he went with it, and because of the fiscially responsible actions in the house and senate, his presidency is regarded as a whole as a success. If Obama does the same thing next year, watch how history will portray him. The only problem this time is that the dems went overboard in spending compared to BC's first 2 years, so i doubt even with the most stringent cuts, it won't be able to bring us back to early 2000's.

But health wise, I wish him well.

In his first and 2nd year, his presidency was no different than what Obama is doing now. Left agenda that the democrats can't unite on, facing midterm elections that will swap power that forced him to swing to the center right. His first 2 years were down right terrible.

Congress controls what goes happens with the economy, taxes and the country. When the republicans took power of the house, it forced BC to change and instead of standing his ground he went with it, and because of the fiscially responsible actions in the house and senate, his presidency is regarded as a whole as a success. If Obama does the same thing next year, watch how history will portray him. The only problem this time is that the dems went overboard in spending compared to BC's first 2 years, so i doubt even with the most stringent cuts, it won't be able to bring us back to early 2000's.

But health wise, I wish him well.

Yep, you're correct John, except many think that Obama will not move to the center as Clinton did if he loses Congress.

Didn't agree with all the mans policy's, and didn't thing to much of his moral indiferences, but on a human level I wish him the best and a speedy recovery from whatever is ailing him. We don't want the Bushes to be the only surviving Ex presidents :p

Didn't agree with all the mans policy's, and didn't thing to much of his moral indiferences, but on a human level I wish him the best and a speedy recovery from whatever is ailing him. We don't want the Bushes to be the only surviving Ex presidents :p

Carter is still living.

lol.

what I really admire of clinton is the fact on the economy, he was open to, and listened to fiscal conservatism.... just read clinton's book and Alan Greenspans...

Clinton is no where near Obama.... Bam Bam would probly call clinton as a conservative republican.

enough with that... wishing for a speedy recovery.

I was too young too to really ever have a say regarding Mr. Clinton's politics, though I practically grew up during his presidency (and it wasn't too shabby growing up). I wish him the best and a continued healthy outlook.

wsl, thanks for filling in everyone on this so I didn't have to. Everything positive that happened during the Clinton presidency and he takes credit for was the result of the Republican Congress and Newt Gingrich's "Contract with America". Like Newt or not conservatism sells when you make it clear to people what you are going to do.

Rush Limbaugh made an interesting comment today. He wished BC well and mentioned Clinton should be glad Obamanocchio's health plan wasn't in effect. It may not have allowed the procedures BC has as he's too old and being retired wasn't contributing to society.

I think this is some interesting commentary here. I don't wish anyone I'll but if Bill Clinton had his way... we would all have your Gun Safes for sale on e-bay. This is the NJ GUN forum right? Does anyone remember something called the Clinton Assault Rifle ban? How about the fact that he supported the UN's global gun ban agenda. Clinton did not run the country well. Luckily there was a republican congress for the majority of his presidency that kept him in check. And as mentioned above, it was the Regan economic policies that created prosperity in this country during his time. Next thing you know, 10 years from now, people will start saying that Obama wasn't such a bad president...geeez... Get well Bill... but then disappear...

I think this is some interesting commentary here. I don't wish anyone I'll but if Bill Clinton had his way... we would all have your Gun Safes for sale on e-bay. This is the NJ GUN forum right? Does anyone remember something called the Clinton Assault Rifle ban? How about the fact that he supported the UN's global gun ban agenda. Clinton did not run the country well. Luckily there was a republican congress for the majority of his presidency that kept him in check. And as mentioned above, it was the Regan economic policies that created prosperity in this country during his time. Next thing you know, 10 years from now, people will start saying that Obama wasn't such a bad president...geeez... Get well Bill... but then disappear...

The one thing that really pisses me off about political threads... well hell, about most die hard conservatives and most die hard liberals is to even consider that another person may have opinion or a view. Its our way or the high way.

Ie Health Care.... there are very real issues with it, and while I dont agree with the democrat plans... republicans haven't presented crap. And while all of the republicans, throw in Rush, and Levine into the pot, and the republican/conservative plan is to go against the democrat agenda... and while I don't agree with the specific policies of the left, I have yet to see one proposal from the right.

Ie... Where is any Republican's plan for: creating jobs, lowering taxes, fixing health care, fixing social security, fixing medicare, fixing infrastructure.

What is the republican plan for extending: Bush Tax Cuts, estate/death taxes after 2010? AMT (Alternative Min Tax)? Double/Triple taxation on corporate profits? Deregulation and compartmentalized oversight of financial industry? (I am overseen by 5 different authorities all of which have different rules many of which are in conflict with each other).

What made Clinton great is that he knew he had to work with a republican controlled congress, and the republicans knew that Clinton could veto. The control was evenly divided, so they put their differences aside and worked together. Clinton prolonged the original Regan/Bush cuts.... and taxes were LOWER under Clinton than Regan.

Healthcare costs were LOWER and Going DOWN under Clinton, for 3 years, before they started going back up after his term in office and under Bush, and again under BamBam.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Yes, Clinton did have a gun agenda... that his party wanted him to promote... ok... but guess what, how did it make your life worse? And it lapsed.... did your life magically get better?

Quite honestly.... looking at the idiots in the other thread jumping a Suzuki swift, while obviously drunk with a beer in hand..... I wouldn't want these riff-Raff to have access to full auto firearms.

Get off your soap boxes and admit that we were better off under Bubba than now. Good things happen when people get off their pedestals and work together.

Freedom-first, this is not directed towards you, just in general.

This one is directed to you though.

Yes, this is a gun forum, however I dont believe we should just erase all gun laws on the books and allow every joe smoe to go buy grenades at their local ffl.

Convicted criminals, and people not mentally competent, should not own guns.

Hell, I would be even in favor of having everyone take a mandatory safety course before being able to buy a gun.

Hell, my ideal would probably be to have everyone pass a mandatory NRA or like approved course, give them the right to conceal carry in any state, and run nics on every gun purchase. Have it attached to their social or what not, and let them have as many guns as they want.

and same thing as now, NFA stamp, etc.

This one is directed to you though.

Yes, this is a gun forum, however I dont believe we should just erase all gun laws on the books and allow every joe smoe to go buy grenades at their local ffl.

Convicted criminals, and people not mentally competent, should not own guns.

Hell, I would be even in favor of having everyone take a mandatory safety course before being able to buy a gun.

Hell, my ideal would probably be to have everyone pass a mandatory NRA or like approved course, give them the right to conceal carry in any state, and run nics on every gun purchase. Have it attached to their social or what not, and let them have as many guns as they want.

and same thing as now, NFA stamp, etc.

NO

Who are you listening to Maks?

Really?

Re: healthcare

Tort Reform

Buy healthcare across state lines

Allow a catastrophic only policy

These are out there - to say that others are not floating plans is to drink the Obama KoolAid.

Catastrophic only policies already exist.

but buying across state lines is not going to solve the issues. neither is tort reform... THERE IS NO PLAN that all of the republicans are putting together, nor standing behind.

I completely disagree with any Obama policies, but the republicans do not have a healthcare plan.

Buying healthcare acrross state lines is not goign to get the uninsured insured.

I really want to see them make a push towards tax credits for healthcare policies.

Hannity is the only one that is kind of moderate..... Rush, Levine... I stopped listening to them cause it is tooo damn depressing.

damn, biden is on the Olympic show.

lol.

how many times have you been muzzle swept at the range?

much like not every ejaculation deserves a name..... not everyone deserves to own a gun.a the very least they should be able to pass nics and be able to handle a firearm safely.

The Federal Register, which lists new regulations, annually averaged 72,844 pages between 1977 and 1980. During the Reagan years, the average fell to 54,335. During the Bush I years, they rose to 59,527, to 71,590 during the Clinton years and rose to a record of 75,526 during the Bush II years. Employees in government regulatory agencies grew from 146,139 in 1980 to 238,351 in 2007, a 63 percent increase. In the banking and finance industries, regulatory spending between 1980 and 2007 almost tripled, rising from $725 million to $2.07 billion.

Both sides haven't done much good, but the biggest increase by far was when Clinton took over, so he's the one responsible for your authorities above you being so confused.

The right has put ideas out there, but unless you're watching Fox, you won't ever hear about them. Well you might catch a whiff on CNN now. The left has completely cut out the right on all discussions, then blame them for not cooperating. Its not right, but you can't blame one side without blaming the other.

BC might have learned to work with the right, but when you're getting blown under your desk in the oval office, would you pay attention to every piece of paper coming across your desk? Or would you just sign it with a huge grin?

More to the point... we don't need a healthcare plan... we need healthcare reform. And tort reform and buying across state lines is a START to fixing the cost problems, not the complete solution. How to you curb costs? By making it government run and rationing? Cutting deals with the very companies you're trying to reform? Honestly there is never going to be a working healthcare plan. It has to be reformed little by little otherwise you'll increase the prices beyond where they are now. Then we'd go from 10% uncovered to 20% and gradually rise until no one can afford it. Cutting it 1-2% at a time with gradual reform is a much better option for all. Remember, the constitution doesn't guarantee the right to healthcare.

Buying healthcare acrross state lines is not goign to get the uninsured insured.

I normally agree with you Maks but I'm going to whole heartedly disagree with you right now.

The uninsured can get insured by GOING AND PAYING FOR IT!

I've said it once and I'll say it again, pre-existing conditions like cancer etc should not affect your premiums. Being stupid and smoking SHOULD!!!!!!! affect your premiums.

No one should be denied PAY FOR insurance. Stop the fricken hand outs, get your butt out of your bed and go get a job and stop letting "the system" take care of you!

I normally agree with you Maks but I'm going to whole heartedly disagree with you right now.

The uninsured can get insured by GOING AND PAYING FOR IT!

I've said it once and I'll say it again, pre-existing conditions like cancer etc should not affect your premiums. Being stupid and smoking SHOULD!!!!!!! affect your premiums.

No one should be denied PAY FOR insurance. Stop the fricken hand outs, get your butt out of your bed and go get a job and stop letting "the system" take care of you!

by uninsured, I am really talking about those families that cannot afford insurance.

An average premium for health insurance in New Jersey if you go out and buy it yourself is $500 a month for single, $1300 a month for a family of 3.

When we came from the soviet union, 19 years ago, and my parents were taking home 35k a year combined..... try paying that much.

I really believe at the bare minimum, remove the state line restrictions, make all insurance guaranteed issue, with health discounts given to those with better health, and penalize people for smoking, and select lifestyle choices.

Furthermore, give everyone a tax credit to buy health insurance, and for those living below the standard of living, a free, ie medicare, major medical only policy, with 0 deductibes/copays for preventative medicine.