mikeyboyeee

CHEAP (knockoff fine) optic for my upcoming M&P 15-22

Ok, so I decided I am buying a 15-22 as my next gun due to the "fun" factor I have been hearing so much about and the low cost of such fun.

I know NOTHING about optics.

My vision is terrible for the most part. very poor in right eye 9and I am a righty), cross eye Dom so I may have to shoot lefty exclusively.

What CHEAP site (red dot, 40mm, etc) would you reco for the 15-22 for a novice such as myself.

I am talking inexpensive as seen here:

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/targetsports1.html

I know, I know, don't buy cheap, but for my purposes for this gun, cheap is just fine.

Thanks.

TrueGlo makes decent red dot's and halo/reflex red dot's for chap and they hold up well.

I have a 30mm red dot on my GSG-5 SD it works great.

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/bro ... &search=GO

The BSA on this page for $30.00 is pretty close to the TruGlo I have, it seems to have good reviews to for a cheapie.

I was actually going to suggest the Primary Arms' clones. I have a M3 clone, and its pretty well made. They might be somewhat expensive (60-100$), but many people would agree that they're perfect for .22 training/shooting.

I bought the M3 clone with the Primary Arms high cantilever mount (it was packaged on for free at the time). I put it on my AR (.223) when I first got it (didn't have the money saved up for the optics I have now), and it held zero fine after about 250-300 rounds. For .22, I honestly don't think it would budge a bit, though I would, of course, still recommend blue loctite. Another plus about PA is that they are known to ship freakishly fast (from what consumers say, and my personal experience). Their customer service is also darn good, as they called me three times in one day to update me on my order (they didn't have a stock wrench in, then they asked what I wanted to do, and then they called me back to let me know they had pulled a display stock wrench to ship).

...Can this be used with a magnifier?

Maybe, if you can get the magnifier adjust to the correct height. The sight has four different laser reticule patterns and they're all small, so they may not overwhelm the sight picture if magnified. One of them is a single dot, no idea how many MOA it covers.

Ok, so I got the sightmark reflex and it is fine to 15 yards, but I just can't see much further then that SO, I found a new, cheap Tasco Pronghorn (w/ Range finder reticle) 3-9x40 on ebay for $25 shipped.

Order the NCstar Mrd34 which should allow me to mount my sightmark just about the tasco so I can use the red dot in close and the scope for anything beyond 15 yards.

Sucks having bad eyesight.

I don't know if the tasco is any good, but it was cheap enough for what Intend to do with it.