Chad

Conversation with an ANTI!

After I graduated high school I was informed by a friend of the family who worked for my district that I was on "The List" because I openly supported the 2A ( wore shirts, debated during class, etc.) they had the balls to think I was some nut job who was going to shoot up the school. If I lived in Texas i would have been student of the month!

PA has better gun laws (for the most part) and more prolific carry than Texas. "Texas" is sort of an NJ fable. Look to Delaware, Vermont, VA, Pennsylvania, Maine, and other NE states before traveling the country for a metaphor. On the East Coast, only NJ, MD, and NY suck. NJ being the worst. Mass sucks a little bit (AWB).

After I graduated high school I was informed by a friend of the family who worked for my district that I was on "The List" because I openly supported the 2A ( wore shirts, debated during class, etc.) they had the balls to think I was some nut job who was going to shoot up the school. If I lived in Texas i would have been student of the month!

PA has better gun laws (for the most part) and more prolific carry than Texas. "Texas" is sort of an NJ fable. Look to Delaware, Vermont, VA, Pennsylvania, Maine, and other NE states before traveling the country for a metaphor. On the East Coast, only NJ, MD, and NY suck. NJ being the worst. Mass sucks a little bit (AWB).

On the contrary, Mass sucks alot bit. We have a list of prohibited firearms, they have a list of permitted firearms. I'm sure that list is updated on a regular basis. :roll:

On the contrary, Mass sucks alot bit. We have a list of prohibited firearms, they have a list of permitted firearms. I'm sure that list is updated on a regular basis. :roll:

You're right. I meant, "Texas," not PA. :roll: Did you miss the larger point?

Mass does issue carry permits 10,000x more often than NJ. And you can own MGs.

PA has better gun laws (for the most part) and more prolific carry than Texas. "Texas" is sort of an NJ fable.

Stats please.

Are you lazy? (just kidding) I'll meet you half way:

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/41747- ... ounty.html

One out of fourteen Pennsylvanians age 21 or older has LTCF.

And:

From the Texas DPS FAQ

Not that I have a particular interest in TX... or PA for that matter... and as much as I hate to use these sc*mbags as a reference, but here you go:

http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/TX

http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/PA

LOL, are you kidding? I think I'll take the fact that more people carry in PA and OC is not a crime in PA. You want to see people walking around with guns on their hips, don't go to Texas.

There are no state restrictions on carry in PA, Except:

- Must conceal in State Parks (can't OC in Texas anyway)

- Can't carry in court (can't in TX either). But, BY LAW, every single court facility in the Commonwealth of PA is required to maintain gun lockers and check guns of civilians. I've done it several times.

- K-12 government schools - can only carry for lawful purpose (don't ask)

I OC in both my bank branches. I OC in bars. I OC at the UPS depot. I OC everywhere I go. The only time I conceal is when I go in State Parks (it's actually a game commission reg), inside police stations, and hospitals/Dr offices (personal preference on last two). If you ever see me, anywhere anytime, you will see one of my firearms.

You will never see anything close to that in TX.

You said

Produce stats and info for Texas that says carry is more prolific or gun laws are less restrictive.

I focused on the OR part because I'm lazy and didn't feel like spending a bunch of time looking up CCW and OC stats online. So, you may be right about CCW and OC in Texas... didn't check... don't know. But, it would appear (at least to the "braintrust" at Brady) that TX has a couple less guns laws.

You said

Produce stats and info for Texas that says carry is more prolific or gun laws are less restrictive.

I focused on the OR part because I'm lazy and didn't feel like spending a bunch of time looking up CCW and OC stats online. So, you may be right about CCW and OC in Texas... didn't check... don't know. But, it would appear (at least to the "braintrust" at Brady, that TX has a couple less guns laws.

Yeah, fair enough. Of course it's just their silly point system, but you made your point :)

The real question is why I brought it up. As I've said, people in NJ (present company excluded) think nobody carries guns except in, what I hear most often, "Texas." I always say we need to convince our good citizens of NJ that guns are NORMAL, and common, not good or bad. It's a real eye opener for them. And, certainly, we got a much higher frequency of carry in a couple nearby states than the mythical "Texas."

The funny thing was I mentioned it in this thread and had an actual NJ firearms enthusiast confront me for evidence :D So I guess the culture of myth runs deeper in NJ than I thought ;)

I see what you're saying. Texas may be a proximity thing - kind of like "the further we get away from here the better the gun laws will be". But I don't know as I don't automatically think of Texas as the place to go to be "free". I always think of Arizona when I think of OC as I've been told a number of times by past residents that it's relatively common place to see people in the supermarket (for example) with a single action revolver strapped to their thigh :lol: