usnmars

Played "Pimp my PSL"

WOO HOO! I finished and got my scope mount "modified" and mounted a scope I had laying around. Modified my safety as a secondary bolt hold open, and lightly polished the bolt. Here are some pics, what do yall think.

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

I played with it quite a bit today, and it was quite impressive. I do have to figure out some kind of cheek rest for it though, because getting a proper cheek weld is horrible. But once I played a bit I was shooting consistent 1 inch groups at 100yds. My machinist buddy is currently spinning an rpk barrel on the lathe for me. It is heavier so hopefully it will be an improvement.

Thanks for letting me shoot it. I hope the eye piece wasn't damaged when you took it off. It's got a surprising amount of recoil, doesn't hurt, just surprising.

Once I got the scope figured out, it's dead on. I'd like to have one...a few down my list yet.

Yeah it's funny without that eye piece is a pain in the butt to shoot. But it does recoil a lot but the stock just soaks up the recoil that you don't really feel it.

Definitely a fun gun, I'm gonna have to get one soon. Must work overtime!!!

Nice! Like the wood and thumbhole stock!

Questions:

- What size scope? magnification, etc.

- What brand of side mount for scope? The mount appears a bit forward mounted - that's why I want to know the mount brand.

- Do you have a template for the bolt hold open notch? I want to do the same for my Saiga.

Nice! Like the wood and thumbhole stock!

Questions:

- What size scope? magnification, etc.

- What brand of side mount for scope? The mount appears a bit forward mounted - that's why I want to know the mount brand.

- Do you have a template for the bolt hold open notch? I want to do the same for my Saiga.

Sorry for the late reply, I am at work right now and the internet has been horrible. The scope is a 6-24x50mm el cheapo that actually works pretty good. It is the dicks sporting goods brand "Field and Stream," eye relief and the clarity of the optics are good, and iirc the scope was $89.00. I had it just laying in my parts bin for a while, so figured I'd put it to use. The mount is a russian BP-02 mount for an AK that I picked somewhere off the net. The mounting bracket that slides onto the rail I used from the original scope on the rifle. It just unscrews and screws onto the new mount. The bottom of the mount had to be filed to allow clearance for the top cover of the receiver. It wouldn't go on without a little filing, it sits too low. And lastly the bolt hold open is just something I did by the seat of my pants, no template. I just locked the bolt back where the normal bolt stop holds it open, marked it with a sharpie marker and went to town with the dremel.