shore_shot

New Evan Nappen Books?

Has anyone seen the new Evan Nappen book? It is the "bible" for New Jersey Firearm laws. Its a bright orange book. I have one that was giving to me as a gift but it is the collectors edition and I dont even want to open it and bend the spine. As used books that I believe were original published in 93 were fetching 100 dollars easily on ebay.

We used the old one religiously as guide as it is way easier to read and understand then the Blue Book of New Jersey Criminal Law the state gives you!

Any feedback on these new versions would be greatly appreciated.

I have Nappen's new book. It's the first time I ever bought one of his books. I know previous editions were sellling for almost $400 on ebay (based on what a few people on here said).

I recently lent it to a retired NYC cop who's now living here. He made it very clear that he's going to get his own copy; he knows that his retired status won't automatically protect him from prosecution, so he's going to use this book to help him be compliant.

It is a great book, well worth the money. It will educate you enough about the law, so that if you ever need an attorney's advice, you'll understand that advice better.

I've seen piles of them in most of the NJ gun shops I visit. The piles are mostly gone, so they have probably sold a lot of them.

My concern is that a book like this is nearly instantly out of date, before it hits the shelves. For example, One Gun a Month is not covered in Nappen's new book. I'd be worried about using the book as any kind of important reference source....

...on the other hand, I don't have a suggestion for a better source. It would be great if Nappen maintained a website with updates and errata.

I've seen piles of them in most of the NJ gun shops I visit. The piles are mostly gone, so they have probably sold a lot of them.

My concern is that a book like this is nearly instantly out of date, before it hits the shelves. For example, One Gun a Month is not covered in Nappen's new book. I'd be worried about using the book as any kind of important reference source....

...on the other hand, I don't have a suggestion for a better source. It would be great if Nappen maintained a website with updates and errata.

noticed that. and still sometimes the information gets dicey. it always comes down to what officer pulls you over.

would evan nappen be able to answer the question as to why Barnaget PD is not processing FID cards at this time?

if you look in the recent ANJRPC newsletter they have a section that they want to hear from anyone who is expierencing problems with the PD on obtaining permits also if they are rationing. sorry i can not recall the email address. im sure no one can answer why they arent doing it... probably because they are "too" busy. such a crock.

Thank God for the search forum feature:

association of new jersey rifle and pistol club they want to know if your police department is restricting you to one permit a month or have been denied for multiple permits.# 973-697-9270 or you can e-mail them at [email protected]