zeenon

M&P 15-22 mags

Ok, so thinking about picking up a 15-22 and was looking around for mags. I found the 25 rd mags all over but don't see 10 rd mags. So first question can I order the 25 rd mags legally and convert them?

So then, I see the 10 rd restrictors on ebay, and thought that would work. Take a 10 rd restrictor and dremel off the right amount to make it a 15 rd mag.

or where can I order 10 rd mags?

Z

No you cannot order the mag's legally, and most likely the vendor will not ship them to you.

If you have a relative in another free state and can have them altered there then bring them

back that would be fine. Or you can check with local vendors on this site who sell the rifle and

see if they have any spare mag's in stock.

All you have to do is call Smith & Wesson customer service at 1-800-331-0852. Tell them you're in NJ and they will ship you 10 round mags. I ordered 2 last week and they were $20.00 a piece plus 5.00 shipping, $45.00 total. Got a post card in the mail a couple of days later saying I should have them in 4-6 weeks as they are back ordered. Oh well, the wait sucks, but at least they are available. I spent hours on-line trying to find these, but no luck.

Another option for those interested:

1) Order 25 round mags here: ($18) (Read the link under #2)

http://www.44mag.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SWMP2225

2) Order a rebuild kit here: ($1)

http://www.44mag.com/rk.asp

3) Order a mag limiter here: ($4)

http://cgi.ebay.com/MP15-22-10-Round-Mag-Limiter-S-W-M-P-15-22-100-USA_W0QQitemZ200438953516QQcategoryZ383QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DDLSL%252BSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D10%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7923013133963112025

Shipping kinda kills the deal, and you'll have to dremel off some of the plastic on the mag limiter if you want 15 rds. Then I guess you'll have to JB weld the floorplate so it's perm.

Z

Yes you can order mag kit's which is just a dissembled mag but NJ law's state just having the parts to assemble is illegal.

So if you go this route, then get it altered to 15 asap. Personally I would not take the chance on this when you can

get them in 15 from other sources.

Yes you can order mag kit's which is just a dissembled mag but NJ law's state just having the parts to assemble is illegal.

So if you go this route, then get it altered to 15 asap. Personally I would not take the chance on this when you can

get them in 15 from other sources.

and for $28 shipped to boot.

zeenon, for the sake of saving five dollars, I don't think it's worth it. Your time is worth money. Yeah it's fun to tinker, but if you F it up, them your out 18.00. And like

Hodgie said is it worth having illegal mags here. Thats provided they will even ship them to you.

Oh, I ordered the mags from rrages.com as soon as Hodgie posted the link :) (Even before you guys jumped on it)

I just wish I could convert the 10 rd mag to a 15 rd mag w/ the load assist button. Like people have mentioned in the other thread, it's a PITA to load that 10 rd mag and will wind up sitting in the safe and used as a backup mag (if ever).

Z

Mike,

The problem is, if you remove the floorplate on the mag and look up into the mag there is a steel pin blocking the follower. :( In order to get the load assist button in, the follower has to drop to the bottom of the mag where the circle is.

I'm not brave enough to see if the mag is just a clam shell snapped together, in which case, if it is then opening and ordering a button should be easy.

Z

Just got my mags. What a treat to have more than 10 round capacity. It looks like the drilled a hole in the side of

the mag and inserted the pin to block it, and then epoxied the hole back up. The 15th round is a little tight and takes

some fanageling to get in, so I think I will use them as 14 rounders. 8-)

hey guys, after seeing all these m&p 15 22 posts i had to grab one today. did anyone order mags from 44mag.com? if so how difficult was it to install the conversion kit? do they make any physical changes to the mag before they ship it to you?

not sure if its worth getting them from 44mag or should i pay up a bit more and get them from rrages.com

thanks in advance

went w/rrages.com

44mag.com was acting shady they wherent giving direct answers to my concerns in the email i sent. i understand they need to cover their butts but they then changed their reply totally saying "We do not block magazines or offer any kind of 15rd conversion."

oh we'll rrages came thru

Definitely go w/ RRAGES. Great service and super quick delivery.

Also, I dont think you're legally allowed to possess the 25rd'ers and then apply the conversion kit. That may be why 44mag was circumventing the answer to you.. they're covering their own butts..!

Just got my mags. What a treat to have more than 10 round capacity. It looks like the drilled a hole in the side of

the mag and inserted the pin to block it, and then epoxied the hole back up. The 15th round is a little tight and takes

some fanageling to get in, so I think I will use them as 14 rounders. 8-)

I got some mags from rrages a while back. It looks like he just takes the standard 25rd mags, drills a hole and inserts a pin at the appropriate location so the follower stops after loading 15 rounds and then fills the hole with epoxy. Very easy to do...but can't have the 25 rounders in NJ.

Also, you can't drill the pin hole all the way through both sides of the mag. It must only be on one side so you cannot 'push' out the pin.

I AM SO GLAD I STUMBLED ON THIS POST! :)

wahoo, I just ordered the M&P 15-22   15 round mags too....

http://rrages.com/magazine/index.htm

Looks like a good deal especially if they are in stock.

I have gotten most of my mags from S&W, a couple of the short 10 rounders but all the rest the 10/25 version.

Takes less then 10 minutes to convert the 10 limit to 15. Of course you have to drive to PA to legally make this conversion, but it is very easy.

For $24 per mag and only $5 for quantity orders,  this makes for a fair deal, and no effort on your part to modify.