usnmars

How about a raffle?

I was thinking of a way for the board to raise money last night and a raffle came to mind. How about coordinate with one of the board sponsors and get a 10/22 or something and sell raffle tickets for it on the forum? Set a date in the future after tickets are all sold and pick a winner. The winner then goes to the FFL and picks up his/her new toy. Is this legal in NJ? Are there any other legal issues if the winner goes to the FFL and picks it up? Would anybody be interested in doing such a thing? I know it probably never happen but just a thought.

Yes, you do. It is actually the same license that you need to run Bingo. I tried several times to get a permit for my car club from the state to hold 50-50s or raffles. If you are not a church, fire department or a senior center, it is practically impossible. We were a registered non-profit and our applications were always rejected.

Yes, you do. It is actually the same license that you need to run Bingo. I tried several times to get a permit for my car club from the state to hold 50-50s or raffles. If you are not a church, fire department or a senior center, it is practically impossible. We were a registered non-profit and our applications were always rejected.

It's a lot of paperwork.... but it can be done. My GTO club has a raffle permit.

Silly question but I'm sure there are members here that are LE, Firemen etc. I.E. people from organizations that have the permits already. Could we get one of their organizations on board?

Just a thought.

The purpose if the permit is to get raise monies for your cause or establishment not for a 2n party.

Also as mentioned above online raffles are not legal.

If the permit thing can be overcome, the raffle can be done at an annual meeting to comply with the internet restriction. We should have an annual meeting/dinner anyways.

+1 on that old school!

Rent out a hall that caters, set it up months in advance, everyone chip in a set amount, have a guest list, and eat, drink, and yake it up!

Maks, this forum is getting really big, we have alot of good ideas here.

If the permit thing can be overcome, the raffle can be done at an annual meeting to comply with the internet restriction. We should have an annual meeting/dinner anyways.

+1 on that old school!

Rent out a hall that caters, set it up months in advance, everyone chip in a set amount, have a guest list, and eat, drink, and yake it up!

Maks, this forum is getting really big, we have alot of good ideas here.

+1 to all that.

We should definetly set up something like that. What a great way to meet everyone behind the screen. Sure the turnout would be great.