I'm sure this has been asked many times before. I have an old NJ Firearms I.D. to a N. Jersey address (about 1 1/2 years out dated now), I now live in Southern NJ. I don't plan on buying anymore firearms any longer ( I think I own at least 2 of everything----LOL) so I don't plan on updating my I.D. to reflect my new address. I live across the River from Delaware so ammo, powder, primers ( I reload ) shouldn't be an issue. All my guns were purchased honestly through FFL's and I have retained all paper work. OK heres comes the stupid question----Is there any reason why I should update my old I.D. to my current address? Not sure this means much to the question but I was Grandfathered into hunting with my old Hunting I.D.

by law you had to update within 30 days If I recall....

or by law, the FID has to match a drivers license... which you have to update prompty after your move.

Just go and update your address. never know when you want to buy something... and if you sell something, same thing.

he can not just update his address. He has to apply all over again like if new.

You have 30 days to do the address change with only paying the $18 or so.

After that, its from scratch.

I would do it just because i never know if I want to buy something else, but I don't have nearly the collection you do.

I say if you have time to play the game and go to police station, might as well.

If not, I would not worry about it.

he can not just update his address. He has to apply all over again like if new.

You have 30 days to do the address change with only paying the $18 or so.

After that, its from scratch.

I would do it just because i never know if I want to buy something else, but I don't have nearly the collection you do.

I say if you have time to play the game and go to police station, might as well.

If not, I would not worry about it.

I don't know about that. Maybe it depends on the town, but I got my FID in 1983, haven't lived at that address since 1999, and only changed my address last May.

I hadn't been into guns since 1995 and forgot all about it while my guns were packed away.

N.J.A.C. 13:54-1.11 Duplicate firearms purchaser identification card

(a) Persons shall apply for a duplicate firearms purchaser identification card to replace a lost,

stolen or mutilated card, or in the case of a change of residence by the holder, within 30 days of such

loss, theft, mutilation, or change of residence.

(b) The applicant shall complete an application for a duplicate firearms purchaser identification

card designated as form STS-3 and a consent for mental health records search designated as form

SP 66 and present same to the chief of police in the municipality where the applicant resides or to

the Superintendent in all other cases.

© It shall be the responsibility of the chief of police of the municipality wherein the applicant

currently resides or the Superintendent in all other cases, to conduct a criminal history records check

and to determine if the applicant is subject to any of the disabilities as provided by law and this

subchapter and to issue the duplicate card, should the applicant qualify. The applicant shall pay the

appropriate fee for a Criminal History Record Check as established by N.J.A.C. 13:59 in accordance

with N.J.S.A. 53:1-20.5 et seq. (P.L. 1985, c.69).

N.

It becomes an issue if your FID does not match you DL.

I just changed the address on mine and it took less then 30 days to get it back. Plus you get a nice new card. The Twp did not charge me for the change of address. It was easy, no brainer. Down your way it should not be a problem.

It becomes an issue if your FID does not match you DL.

I just changed the address on mine and it took less then 30 days to get it back. Plus you get a nice new card. The Twp did not charge me for the change of address. It was easy, no brainer. Down your way it should not be a problem.

Took me 7-8 weeks and cost me $23. :(

Depends on where the change is made. Same town is not an issue. different town is pretty much a new application except the new residence would most likely request the paperwork from your former residence to obtain the SBI number as issued by the state.

Most likely new prints will be obtained but the new system has sped that up to almost a 24 turnaround. References would probably be checked again.

The need would come into play due to the fact the NJ FID card does not have a photo attached. A firearms purchase may ask for a photo id. Ammo, doubt it. But if you want to satisfy the law as written, the address change is required as pointed out earlier.

My FID does not match my address on my DL, my postal address is different to my physical address,different township names.

It's never been a problem.

That is addressed in the NJ statutes.

My FID does not match my address on my DL, my postal address is different to my physical address,different township names.

It's never been a problem.

When was the last time you purchased a firearm and had to use them ?

Last week and no problems.

For years my FID and DL did not match when I decided to buy my last revolver went to the police station and changed my address. Now I have a FID which I don