71ragtopgoat

Whirlpool ships jobs to Mexico

They got nafta we get the shafta !!!

"Whirlpool takes 19 million dollars from taxpayers, ships jobs to Mexico, is awarded for innovation

As its U.S. workforce in Evansville, Indiana prepares to rally to keep their jobs, Whirlpool Corporation today announced it ranked fifth on Fast Company's list of the World's Most Innovative Companies in the Consumer Products category.

The company is closing a refrigerator manufacturing plant in Evansville, Ind., putting more than 1,100 people out of work. Whirlpool is planning to ship the jobs to Mexico to take advantage of their weaker labor and environmental laws. Whirlpool recently received 19 million dollars from the federal government as a part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act to stimulate the U.S. economy.

While the company is attempting to take good jobs out of the American economy, they are lauded as an innovator by the corporate media.

They are almost a monopoly. They own many brands, Just a few, whirlpool, kitchenaid, roper, kirkland, estate, inglais, maytag, amana, jenair,

All of the appliance industry is not out of the us. None of the electronics and parts are here anymore, Go open the door to your microwave, It will say made in Korea, Malaysia, Prc(china) etc.

Yes, this might lower the bottom line for Whirlpool, and they might pass on cost savings to customers, but remember: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Our engineering, manufacturing, and QC may not be the best individually, but we have the best combination of the three, and we keep it affordable compared to foreign products of equal quality.

This is another issue I have a huge problem with. Globalization. Keep things in house. Our goal as a nation should be retaining our collective wealth and selling our products to foreign markets to absorb theirs.

Anyway, I'm not saying anything that everybody doesn't know already.

Yes, this might lower the bottom line for Whirlpool, and they might pass on cost savings to customers, but remember: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Our engineering, manufacturing, and QC may not be the best individually, but we have the best combination of the three, and we keep it affordable compared to foreign products of equal quality.

This is another issue I have a huge problem with. Globalization. Keep things in house. Our goal as a nation should be retaining our collective wealth and selling our products to foreign markets to absorb theirs.

Anyway, I'm not saying anything that everybody doesn't know already.

I dunno, if I remember from the 1990s, "Made in the USA" was something to be shunned.

Let's face it, we're done as a manufacturing nation. No tax credits will ever allow us to compete with cheap labor in the 3rd world.

This is how you can buy a refrigerator today for less than the same one cost 10-20 years ago. I have been working in manufacturing for 25 years and sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to stay in business.

A few of my jobs were 100% American raw materials.

One was a domestic designer, sales, warehouse outfit that created hundreds of jobs for Americans but most of the manufacturing was offshore. It paid off my house and I sure appreciated putting bread on my table all those years.

Yes, you both are right. Everything is sent outside our borders for manufacturing. Tax credits/breaks and non-unionized cheap labor is a bit too attractive to pass up. I understand this is reality and keeps many people in business, and henceforth puts food in the mouths of American families.

It's a shame that's the way it is and the way it has to be; how we were the industrial progenesis and innovators but now we're using China to help them with their industrial era.