david8613

dont pay for your gun in full, bad experience at brick amory

David,

If you learned anything, its check with the members on this board before you buy your next firearm.

I have bought and sold many guns, and I am positive 99% of those on here have as well.

You can use this knowledge to buy from people who wont mess around.

I wont tolerate any 'messing around' when I have paid for something.

My clients expect the same.

Excellent advice! There are so many good places to buy and order your stuff from here in jersey, all you have to do is ask around. If it were just this one transaction, we might be able to chalk it up to weather or the current rush on guns but this type of stuff seems to be habitual at this place.

As far as the refund, any good business will refund your money as soon as you make a return or cancel an order, they should not be waiting for the CC company to return the money to them before crediting your card, that is ridiculous! I have worked retail for over 30 years and have never heard of anybody doing that!

I am sure that not all the transactions done at BA are problematic, but far too many seem to be. At least enough for us to be giving a heads up to our members, so that they can make an informed decision for themselves. I guess we have beat this topic to death for now. :deadhorse:

I had the exact same experience with Phil at the Brick Armory back in 01-02 when I was buying a G34, Only difference was I did not pay in full only had 300 down.

Never bought the gun from him and never set foot in his store again or anyone that shoots with me hasn't either.

After waiting 3 1/2 weeks before telling him to pack sand had the gun in 2 days shipped in from mass to a local FFL.

Do not tell a customer 3 days if you can not back it up.

What is wrong with saying lets call the distributor and get a approx time frame for you and go from there. But No it is always I can have that is 3 days with full bravado attitude.

Sh*tty situation all around. There's always 2 sides to every story... unfortunately, stories like this one seem to come up a bit too often with BA. Maybe I'm over simplifying things, but, seems like Phil should have called David to let him know the gun came in even after he canceled. Oh well - plenty of other good people to do business with.

Too much whining! Poor communications on both parts! Man-up!

lol please explain to me how is it poor communication on my part? i paid, called when i was supposed to, it was clear he could not deliver. he should have called when it came in, that would have been the right thing to do. the funny thing is i almost picked up a membership that day glad i didnt...

Seems to be WAY too common with these guys.

There are too many other good sponsors here alone to have to deal with that.

This is maybe the 5th instance I have heard of something just like this from BA.

David, you did nothing wrong nor were your expectations unreasonable.

I have been at gun stores and the dealer will call his distributor and check stock to give a pretty accurate ship date. They also will axccept a deposit to order - not full payment. This doesn't sound like good business practice. At least BA should have been sympathetic to the customer.

Yea, I too have noticed an influx in negative comments regarding BA. I can't say I go there enough to notice personally, though you're a braver person then me by choosing to purchase a firearm there (I have other places closer personally, not to mention some other awesome vendors). Definitely a big 'thanks' for sharing, and it'll be something I'll have to mentally note for BA now.

Well, in the end they did you a favor, they stopped you from buying a Glock :twisted: . If you havent purchased yet, do yourself a favor and take a look at an M&P before you buy the Glock. Especially the 22. I do not know about the latest gen but that model has had a lot of documented KB's. Some is internet hearsay but I had direct conversations with a PD RO that had two 22's KB in one day with different ammo lots! YMMV.

Shane

Too much whining! Poor communications on both parts! Man-up!

lol please explain to me how is it poor communication on my part? i paid, called when i was supposed to, it was clear he could not deliver. he should have called when it came in, that would have been the right thing to do. the funny thing is i almost picked up a membership that day glad i didnt...

I agree, i don't think this is too much whining at all. When it comes to business, the customer is always right. It is up to the seller to makes things easy for the customer. In this case they seem to have many strikes against them.

1)He is set on buying from store B, but they convince him to buy from them instead, so he does and when he gets there "Oh we dont have it we can get it though... " Strike 1

2) Patiently waits the week and they still dont have it, telling him to wait for the end of the week and they'll have it. sure it can happen but from david's post, seems they were apathetic to him and didnt give any words of comfort or apology, Strike 2 (As my parents tried instilling in me, you better make sure if you make a promise, you keep it, if you cant keep that said promise, you better make damned sure you do everything in your power to keep the next one)

3)Then they tell him his gun came in but he canceled? Stike 3.

So many things could have been done in this situation, communication is super important thing. For example they could have said, we are sorry this doesnt usually happen, or we are sorry about the delay but your gun came in today are you sure you want to cancel? or if the gun came after the cancellation, they could have put two and two together and given him a call back to let him know the gun he has been waiting for has finally come in. It seems to be dave was more then reasonable in waiting for his gun, in this case BA seems to have dropped the ball in customer relations.

1)He is set on buying from store B, but they convince him to buy from them instead, so he does and when he gets there "Oh we dont have it we can get it though... " Strike 1

2) Patiently waits the week and they still dont have it, telling him to wait for the end of the week and they'll have it. sure it can happen but from david's post, seems they were apathetic to him and didnt give any words of comfort or apology, Strike 2 (As my parents tried instilling in me, you better make sure if you make a promise, you keep it, if you cant keep that said promise, you better make damned sure you do everything in your power to keep the next one)

3)Then they tell him his gun came in but he canceled? Stike 3.

So many things could have been done in this situation, communication is super important thing. For example they could have said, we are sorry this doesnt usually happen, or we are sorry about the delay but your gun came in today are you sure you want to cancel? or if the gun came after the cancellation, they could have put two and two together and given him a call back to let him know the gun he has been waiting for has finally come in. It seems to be dave was more then reasonable in waiting for his gun, in this case BA seems to have dropped the ball in customer relations.

It is hard to argue against or disagree with this reasoning.

I am sorry that this happened to you, especially on your first purchase.

The worst thing they could have done is tell him that the gun came in the day he canceled and they sold it to someone else. It was petty, childish and very bad business. Even if it really did come in, what was their thought process in telling him that? Any respect many people might have had for them is out the window now!

The worst thing they could have done is tell him that the gun came in the day he canceled and they sold it to someone else. It was petty, childish and very bad business. Even if it really did come in, what was their thought process in telling him that? Any respect many people might have had for them is out the window now!

+1. It's a nice range and I like to shoot there, but will nver buy anything from them.

I was there about 1:30ish for a bit. The guy did the paperwork today, but he bought it earlier in the week. I didn't ask specifics.

So this other guy bought his gun earlier in the week, and was just transfering it the day you were there. The gun that david8613 had paid for and ordered and had been waiting for was sold to someone else days earlier, which was before he cancelled his order? Nice ....There is a reason they are referred to as Prick Armory.

Wow. I read through that whole thing and completely understand.

I am a big supporter of "common sense". If I was working at BA and you called to cancel and then a few hours later, the pistol came in, common sense would be to just give the customer a courtesy call just to let them know that it came in and a simple apology would have made a world of difference. Give the customer an option, you know? If I have read the posts correctly, it seemed as if the Glock did come in before you called to cancel and was pretty much already sold. If that is true, that is totally d*ck on their part.

I have an issue with patience. I find myself getting anxious for a transfer to come in and checking and rechecking the tracking numbers online. Fast forward two weeks and it is sitting in the safe with his buddies waiting for me to take it out to go shooting.

David I totally feel your pain...Believe Me! When I purchased my first gun I decided to go with them..I went in and looked at a used CZ75b in 40cal. They were very nice and even let me shoot the gun. I paid for the gun in full and waited for my permits to come in. When they did I went to pick it up and guess what? THEY SOLD THE GUN TO SOMEONE ELSE! Apparently the original owner came back and wanted his gun back...To be fair to BA they did give me a brand new CZ in 9mm for basically the same price..I also only paid half for a membership. So in a way they made it up to me. Unfortunately I had to wait 4 months for magazines. (Don't ask :roll: )..Since then Phil has always given me little breaks here and there. In my honest opinion Phil is generally a good guy, They have a wonderful shooting range, offer training, and have convenient hours of operation...Unfortunately the business side leaves something to be desired. I am sure if you let them they will make it up to you. Don't let this first experiences put you off shooting.

When they did I went to pick it up and guess what? THEY SOLD THE GUN TO SOMEONE ELSE!]

How cool is that! And never called you right away. If it was paid for he should have got another gun for the other guy, Your deal was done.

When they did I went to pick it up and guess what? THEY SOLD THE GUN TO SOMEONE ELSE!]

How cool is that! And never called you right away. If it was paid for he should have got another gun for the other guy, Your deal was done.

Yep...seems to be their SOP. What if the original gun was specifically the one you wanted? What if it was an earlier model thats not available any more? Or if you liked the serial number? Could have been your birthday or lucky number or whatever. What if you liked the wear on the gun...thought it gave it character? There are tons of reasons that the gun you originally bought should be the gun you take home...and not a new one that they got to replace the one they sold out from under you.

So a guy had has pistol on consignment through them they sold it to you called him up and told him. Then the guy states he wanted it back which involves the original owner having to get a permit pay nics and go though the entire process? Sounds completely ass backwards to me but I guess stranger things have happened.

Glock dictates the prices to all certified dealers, you cannot stray from the prices they demand you see them at.

They will actually send a rep into your location to check if you are $1.00 below they will issue you a warning you and make you change it to their mandated price.

So a guy had has pistol on consignment through them they sold it to you called him up and told him. Then the guy states he wanted it back which involves the original owner having to get a permit pay nics and go though the entire process? Sounds completely a** backwards to me but I guess stranger things have happened.

Yep....They told me that they told the guy it was already paid for in full, and that I even had fired it 5 or 6 times, But he still wanted it back. Apparently he even brought a new permit. I thought it was strange. I kind of got the feeling they forgot to put a sold sticker on it and someone else bought it.

Glock dictates the prices to all certified dealers, you cannot stray from the prices they demand you see them at.

They will actually send a rep into your location to check if you are $1.00 below they will issue you a warning you and make you change it to their mandated price.

Hodgie, that's not correct. As a matter of fact it is against the law, it's called price-fixing. They can protect their brand/trademark, but once a gun is purchased (wholesale) the manufacturer has no more control over it - if they (the retailer) want to sell every one at a loss, that is their perogative.

What has become envogue lately is MAP - that is Minimum Advertised Pricing. They can dictate the minimum price you advertise a particular item for - which goes to protecting their brand, but the retailer can sell it for anything they wish.

Margins on new firearms are slim. Most dealers do much better on used firearms, but often the selling of new is a means to that end.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Hodgie, that's not correct. As a matter of fact it is against the law, it's called price-fixing. They can protect their brand/trademark, but once a gun is purchased (wholesale) the manufacturer has no more control over it - if they (the retailer) want to sell every one at a loss, that is their perogative.

What has become envogue lately is MAP - that is Minimum Advertised Pricing. They can dictate the minimum price you advertise a particular item for - which goes to protecting their brand, but the retailer can sell it for anything they wish.

Margins on new firearms are slim. Most dealers do much better on used firearms, but often the selling of new is a means to that end.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob

I have been told by 3 shops this information.

1 was Shore Shot, they had them all out of the case and they were adjust the price $2.00 up on each, I asked

why and they told me that. I thought it was weird so I asked a friend that is a Smith in a shop in a free state and

he said they sure as hell do. I have also read it on other sites, I guess they can sell it for as much as they want but not

for as little. I do not really see a reason why anyone would lie to me about this especially 3 guy's in 3 different states who

do not know each other?

Yeah..... it's price fixing..... and illegal....

But..... if a manufacturer finds out you are selling below what you want them to..... and you are breaking an "unwritten" rule.... they could make it more "difficult" for you to obtain more product ;)

Swarovski Crystal also had this rule for shop owners..... as I am sure many products out there....

Okay the 1st post is from a friend of mine he is a Professional Range instructor/officer and armor for his PD.

The 2nd is well a employee of a shop. So I guess it's a bit of both, you can sell if for what you want but Glock

set's the advertising price, if they catch you selling gauging it or under selling it they will pull your "Official Glock title"

Call it what you want but here are 3 different guy's from 3 different states all involved with Glock in the retail end.

For retail, that aint a bad price-

Understand, Glock Inc. has a pretty rigid pricing structure, with two categories , one being civilian retail, the other being Gov't /Law enforcement. The dealers can try to really overcharge, if they can get away with it, but if Glock catches them gouging too badly, they will yank 'em.

If they catch them trying to sell the guns they sold as LE pistols (there's no difference in the pistols themselves, just what Glock charges with the exception that the ones for LE come with 3 mags) to civilians at a civiian price to increase their margin, they will yank them immediately.

The dealers , at least on the Glock pistols, make most of their profits from the extras- ammo, holsters etc.

The profit margin is pretty small, somewhere in the $20 range, so that $510 is at the low end for the civilan market.

Get it before it's gone.....

I work at gun store in MS and we are a Glock retailer. Glock USA tells you what you have to advertise the price at. There is no stipulation on what you sell it for, you just have to advertise it at the price they tell you. Also, the price of Glocks to retailers just went up approximately 50.00 in the last month. We have to order 5 Glocks at one time every year to renew our contract and we called the other day to do that and there are none to be had. We could not place our order because of the high demand. All they had were factory reconditioned 22's.