Sign in to follow this  
LibertyOrDeath

Spetznaz Ballistic Knife

I can't say why they were banned other than a wild assed guess. My guess is that this knife serves no other purpose than as an assassin tool. Not a very good one at that as the knives don't fly very straight, tumble and are difficult to aim.

if i remember correctly , sales were stopped in this country in the 1980's - possibly under the switch blade rulings -

This wasn't inspired by the Deadliest Warrior episode, was it? Haha. (Full episode here: http://www.spike.com/full-episode/green-beret-vs/32039)

The tests shown in the episode showed the knife after being fired was pretty accurate, though I agree its pretty useless considering its a fire and forget/last ditch type weapon at that point. And to note, when in the hell has anyone used an E-Tool in the Army as a primary weapon? Sure, the thing may seem sharp, but it'll give an enemy an infection at worst.

It makes sense that theres no other use for it other than Killing? But as a CCW at close range I think it would definetly be lethal in the vital(s) area. I sure would like to see a penetration test on some ballistic gel at lets say 3 yards. I emailed a couple of Buds in the U.K and Spain and there BANNED over there also. It must be a Global type restriction? I wonder?

This wasn't inspired by the Deadliest Warrior episode, was it? Haha. (Full episode here: http://www.spike.com/full-episode/green-beret-vs/32039)

The tests shown in the episode showed the knife after being fired was pretty accurate, though I agree its pretty useless considering its a fire and forget/last ditch type weapon at that point. And to note, when in the hell has anyone used an E-Tool in the Army as a primary weapon? Sure, the thing may seem sharp, but it'll give an enemy an infection at worst.

I have 150 confirmed kills with an E-Tool :lol:

Usually The Deadliest Warrior is entertaining, But that episode really pissed me off. Not just because the Green Berets lost, But how inaccurate the tests were. Oh well, what can you expect from Hollywood..If anyone doesn't know already, This is the ballistic knife.

OrlzBj2lIJg

If I am not mistaken the Russians stopped using it when the developed their new Ballistic Knife. Its crap quality, But you get the idea.

NQGOyjjNme0&feature=related