bbk

SOE Rigger Belt

Its not an accessory for a firearm, but a good duty-type belt is a must for anybody, IMO. I've known about SOE Rigger belts for awhile, but because I've had my USGI belts and pistol belts forever I've never tried anything else.

After watching this video, I'm pretty convinced I'll be getting one. NSFW (some lewd speech):

Google it, and there are a few different places selling it. Pretty average price for a good Riggers Belt too at $35.

To add: Mr. Yeager's youtube channel has some decent reviews, maybe worth checking out.

Side note: I hope anyone that watches these videos realizes all the stupid safety things that they violated during this video. Stepping over anything in tension is one way to get yourself killed as well as putting your hands on anything in tension.

M

Yeager.. you either love him or hate him :lol:

I was looking at these belts when I decided to get a riggers belt and went with the Wilderness Instructor instead.

SOE makes some good stuff tho. I have one of their molle chest rigs (MWR Light) and it seems to be built like a tank.

I don't listen to Yeager much after that vid came out where he had a photographer for his class standing downrange, in between targets, photographing students shooting towards him.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/06/17/highly-controversial-training-video/

Yet we listen to you and you drive inches away from another person on the road everyday traveling in excess of 60mph...

Please explain what firearms safety rule that violated.

1. All guns are always loaded.

2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.

3. Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.

4. Identify your target, and what is behind it.

So which did that break?

Back on Topic:

Anyway OSOE gear is rock solid. I've had the MWR-L, Frog and various other pieces of kit. The stuff works.

Yeager.. you either love him or hate him :lol:

I was looking at these belts when I decided to get a riggers belt and went with the Wilderness Instructor instead.

SOE makes some good stuff tho. I have one of their molle chest rigs (MWR Light) and it seems to be built like a tank.

Being as I have been trained by Yeager and actually know him I fall into the like yeager group.

I've yet to find anyone who has actually taken a class with him say they didn't get their monies worth. Mostly just fuds from the rumornet.

I'm kind of impartial to the whole thing. I get both sides of it, but I wasn't there.. so.. whatever :) It wouldn't keep me from taking a class taught by him or the rest of the crew, and I was pretty bummed when the class at SJ didn't work out.

I'm kind of impartial to the whole thing. I get both sides of it, but I wasn't there.. so.. whatever :) It wouldn't keep me from taking a class taught by him or the rest of the crew, and I was pretty bummed when the class at SJ didn't work out.

Yeah... That would be thanks to the infamous John Christopher. Looks like some other company is doing multiple classes down there. I would assume that's why MDTS and Tactical Response were pulled. Again I am sorry for the classes not working out.

That was a really interesting video. I am impressed with what a belt can take. All of the SOE gear I have used has been good stuff.

As to Yeager, I don't see how someone's opinion of him has anything to do with the quality of SOE gear, and an entertaining video.

On the other hand, the whole cameraman controversy never really bothered me, as it was all consenting adults, and Like Tosser said, which safety rule was violated? What would the people complaining about the video do in a self defense situation if the assailant was near an innocent, not shoot as they are not on a 180' range?

...Yet we listen to you and you drive inches away from another person on the road everyday traveling in excess of 60mph...

In a car with seat belts, air bags and likely designed to sacrifice the frame to protect the occupants. Hey, I watched Yeager's response video too. Sorry, but he didn't convince me that the risk/reward ratio of having that photographer there made sense.

So which did that break?

Didn't break any of the 4 gun rules, didn't break any of the 10 commandments or the 30 rules of dating your daughter either.

Sure broke the "unnecessary stupid risk" rule though.

Yeah... That would be thanks to the infamous John Christopher. Looks like some other company is doing multiple classes down there. I would assume that's why MDTS and Tactical Response were pulled. Again I am sorry for the classes not working out.

Good Old John has stopped quite a few classes and events out at SJSC. SJSC is a good club, John holds it back from becoming a GREAT club. Since he works for free, you get what you pay for.

I hadn't heard about the new classes down at SJ til Tosser mentioned it, so decided to look it up. It's pretty disheartening that they bumped MDTS and Tactical Response and now have Kokoro or whatever they're called doing a class. I looked up the website and I alternated between hysterical laughter and amazement that someone would put sh*t like that on a website and expect to be taken seriously. Then I googled them and it only got worse... :?