kenw

Not happy with Fobus

Okay, some of it may be my fault. I'm taking the intro class at Shongum with Col. Mortimer later in the month and needed a holster for the CZ.

I was going to get the Blad-Tec, but decided to cheap out and get the Fobus. I found a place online that had the CZ magazines (I needed a third mag for the course), a double mag holder and the Fobus holster that is supposed to fit the Beretta AND CZ 75B. No joy. The Beretta holster didn't even come close. I'll be putting it up for sale here soon.

Okay, I tried to cut a corner, and it didn't work out. Shiitake happens, mark it as lesson learned. Went back online, found a source for the Fobus specifically fitted for the CZ, ordered it, received it, tried to fit the gun and the damn thing is so tight that I had to use 2 hands to get the gun into it, and I'll probably need 3 hands to get it out. There are no tension adjustments, everything looks to be riveted together. I'm not at all happy, and if anyone has a fix, please let me know.

Otherwise, I'll just bite the bullet and order the one I should have ordered in the first place.

Fobus = FUBAR.

K

There's a reason that whenever anyone asks about a holster I generally list 4-5 specific brands: CompTac, BladeTech, Raven Concealment, G-code and Safariland :) Sadly, as you've found out, Fobus is bargain basement cr@p.

See you at the class BTW - you can check out my Raven holster ;)

Interesting video. Not surprisingly, they use a Fobus (if I'm seeing it correctly) for the demo :) But, the video is a little misleading, because, if I remember correctly, Fobus holsters aren't made out of kydex but are made out of injection molded plastic, which is a bit different. Not that kydex is indistructable - far from it. But it does have quite a bit more "give" than regular plastic.

Ken:

If worst comes to worst I could lend you a whole rig for the class. It wouldn't be a CZ but you'd have a choice. I shoot like I picked up a battlefield gun anyway or maybe worst.

Frank :whistle:

Frank,

Thanks for the very generous offer, but I ordered a correct holster for the CZ just after I posted here. That's the price I pay for pinching pennies.

Ken

Ken:

If worst comes to worst I could lend you a whole rig for the class. It wouldn't be a CZ but you'd have a choice. I shoot like I picked up a battlefield gun anyway or maybe worst.

Frank,

Thanks for the very generous offer, but I ordered a correct holster for the CZ just after I posted here. That's the price I pay for pinching pennies.

Ken

UGH If only this was a year ago I would totally make a comment but I am going to refrain for the fact that I want to live!

Glad to hear your ordered the right holster Ken!! Best part is, your probably still ahead of me by buying 3 holsters, I bought 1 holster and a double mag pouch for 116 so your ahead of the game!

Ken:

Frank,

Ken

UGH If only this was a year ago I would totally make a comment but I am going to refrain for the fact that I want to live!

Glad to hear your ordered the right holster Ken!! Best part is, your probably still ahead of me by buying 3 holsters, I bought 1 holster and a double mag pouch for 116 so your ahead of the game!

I'm glad you learned that making anti-Semitic generalizations is bad mojo. I'd hate to have to teach that lesson again.

I'm glad you learned that making anti-Semitic generalizations is bad mojo. I'd hate to have to teach that lesson again.

I can't quite believe he brought it up, AGAIN! Call the mohel already.

You know I'm going to continue to bring it up without mentioning it every chance I have right?

Maybe I should wear my wooden shoes next CR meet so everyone can make fun of my Dutch Heritage.

I can't quite believe he brought it up, AGAIN! Call the mohel already.

You know I'm going to continue to bring it up without mentioning it every chance I have right?

Maybe I should wear my wooden shoes next CR meet so everyone can make fun of my Dutch Heritage.

Matt-- If you were wearing wooden shoes and shooting your Mosin, I wouldn't be laughing at your wooden shoes! :dance:

my Dutch Heritage.

Dutch? I always thought your name was Armenian...

Correct, but I'm only 25% Armenian. I am 50% Dutch though. My Mother's side is 100% Dutch, whereas my Father's Father was Armenian, and his Mother was Armenian, German and something else.

M

So - Matt is an alloy of multiple ethnicities. As we all know, some alloys are stronger than others and some are just plain WEAK.

Matt is the ethnic equivalent of Pot Metal - weak, cheap and without any standards.

So - Matt is an alloy of multiple ethnicities. As we all know, some alloys are stronger than others and some are just plain WEAK.

Matt is the ethnic equivalent of Pot Metal - weak, cheap and without any standards.

That's a pretty good one Ken, I enjoyed that greatly, Thank you!

I have a Fobus mag holder that works well for my CZ75 mags. Its the model below and i originally got it a opticsplanet.net a few years back. The mags fit in it just fine with no binding or anything.

Fobus Double Mag Pouch Universal 9mm & 40 Dbl. Stack 6909P

The Fobus mag holder is fine. Tight enough to hold them, but not too tight.

The holsters, on the other hand, are just crap. Live and learn.

Hmm, the fobus i ordered for my CZ was a different model. This one is for a Sig but advertized to fit a CZ75 SP01 which has a rail though so perhaps thats why its a different model. Again, i find the fit to be just fine with no binding.

FB-HT-SG23940RP Fobus Roto Evolution Series E2 Paddle Holsters - Sig 239 40 / .357 SG23940RP