Redfish62

CCW Question

After getting your CCW permit did anyone come to your home to ask questions about your permit?

I am planning on attending the Utah CCW class this Friday at Guns For Hire and my neighbor who is a big time gun person tells me to except a visit from a Federal agent when I get my permit. Now I am not sure if this is something I want.

Definitely not!! If a Federal agent showed up at my house, I would get my ass kicked regardless so no, no agents showed up. He might of been thinking about a C&R license which some people say they get the ATF to show up at their house.

Definitely not!! If a Federal agent showed up at my house, I would get my a** kicked regardless so no, no agents showed up. He might of been thinking about a C&R license which some people say they get the ATF to show up at their house.

I had ATF visit me for my C&R. That could be what he meant.

except a visit from a Federal agent when I get my permit.

The feds have no jurisdiction in what states do issuing carry permits.

What exactly is c&r mean

Curio and Relic License from ATfE. Allows you to order guns directly from distributors to your door(usually at least 50 years old) on ATFE's C&R list directly...except in NJ. In NJ all guns have to go through a NJ Licensed FFL.

added italics

except a visit from a Federal agent when I get my permit.

The feds have no jurisdiction in what states do issuing carry permits.

What exactly is c&r mean

Curio and Relic License from ATfE. Allows you to order guns directly from distributors to your door(usually at least 50 years old) on ATFE's C&R list directly...except in NJ. In NJ all guns have to go through a NJ Licensed FFL.

added italics

IIRC, The only thing the C&R does in NJ is eliminates the requirement for you to pay NICS on every transaction.

IIRC, The only thing the C&R does in NJ is eliminates the requirement for you to pay NICS on every transaction.

I understand the C&R also eliminates the one a month?

Last I looked both are correct. Fortunately we haven't had any of the famous "attorney general opinions" in NJ since Christie was elected.

When you apply for either a Utah or Florida license, the background check that is performed only checks your background. The FBI does not know what the checks are for; they only know that state agencies are asking for checks on an individual (whether it is for a non-criminal purpose or for an arrest).

Ask your friend why he thinks you'll receive a visit from a federal agent. Perhaps he's just trying to rouse you.