Sign in to follow this  
TommyRuss

Parsippany Idiot

Where's rscalzo? I need to know why this wasn't a federal case? I would think it should be. This bozo should swing #1 for breaking the law, #2 for being stupid.

I would assume that NJ's penalties are similar to the Feds, Sentencing-wise, so the Feds agreed to let NJ handle it...OR, he could end up going down for the NFA violation as well with a 10 year sting in the Federal PIMAP once he does his time in Southern State.

10 years seems a little extreme, unless one of us were on the jury, lmfao.. if all they were prosecuting him for was that, seems a bit harsh, why not just take his FID and guns away? that is harmful enough.

Under the system in NJ he will probably be out in 4 years or less.

It looks like Morris County made the case and there was no reason for ATFE to prosecute. No reason to steal cases form other agenciesThere is more than enough of this stuff going around. If he was making 20 the US Attorney's Office most likely would have taken the case.

The fact is even though he was convicted in a NJ court he could still be tried in a Federal court.

PS If he was moving them across state lines ATFE would probably have done the case as Morris County has no jurisdiction in anything he did outside of NJ. I can guarantee there was an ATFE agents riding along on this case.

Wow, there's alot of hate here. I especially find charming the comments on his heritage, income bracket and personal appearance. :roll:

I do know that he built AK's from kits (he was organizing a build party shortly before he was arrested) and I can tell you that most AK kits come with the full auto parts. There's no need to order them seperately from some sort of 'shady' dealer. In fact many of your AK's (like your AR's) probably contain some FA parts. (You can all tell whether or not you AK BC has the sear trip on it right?) If it truly was FA why wasn't it a Federal case? As far as what transpired between him and the informant that got him into his current predicament only the 2 of them know for sure unless someone here has transcripts of the conversation.

I'm not defending his poor choices (I know he was found with some Hi-Cap mags and really who posts pics like that on the internet?) but I've seen plenty of people run afoul of the law here and even in the free states for issues that are fairly minor and then once you're in the cross hairs, the charges start coming rapid fire. (Everyone clear on the laws about Hollow points?)

there is a way to make a gun automatic without dealing with the mechanics, it involved how you hold the gun though, i've seen it in a few tube videos.

Bump firing. Zero chance of accuracy.

it is also 10000% LEGAL it doesnt change the mechanics of the firearm.

Wow, there's alot of hate here. I especially find charming the comments on his heritage, income bracket and personal appearance. :roll:

I do know that he built AK's from kits (he was organizing a build party shortly before he was arrested) and I can tell you that most AK kits come with the full auto parts. There's no need to order them seperately from some sort of 'shady' dealer. In fact many of your AK's (like your AR's) probably contain some FA parts. (You can all tell whether or not you AK BC has the sear trip on it right?) If it truly was FA why wasn't it a Federal case? As far as what transpired between him and the informant that got him into his current predicament only the 2 of them know for sure unless someone here has transcripts of the conversation.

I'm not defending his poor choices (I know he was found with some Hi-Cap mags and really who posts pics like that on the internet?) but I've seen plenty of people run afoul of the law here and even in the free states for issues that are fairly minor and then once you're in the cross hairs, the charges start coming rapid fire. (Everyone clear on the laws about Hollow points?)

Jeff,

we are calling him a douchebag because he is one. Anyone that posts the pictures that he did on facebook, of him stabbing a knife in his friends back, or pointing a gun with a laser dot to someone's head.... ONLINE FOR THE WORLD TO SEE deserves more harsh punishment. Not only does he make himself look like a dirtbag, he gives all the other gun owners a bad name.

Mak -

I don't disagree that the guy's a dumbass, I just found the pig pile to be a bit much. The speed at which fellow gun owners shit all over each other is astounding to me considering the laws in this backward state and that every other post on this forum (and every other NJ related firearms forum) are about trying to unearth obscure firearms legal arcana. If just being a dumbass warranted a 10 year prison sentence I think most of us would have served some time.

Like I said, I don't disagree with you... mostly. ;)

Mak -

I don't disagree that the guy's a dumbass, I just found the pig pile to be a bit much. The speed at which fellow gun owners **** all over each other is astounding to me considering the laws in this backward state and that every other post on this forum (and every other NJ related firearms forum) are about trying to unearth obscure firearms legal arcana. If just being a dumbass warranted a 10 year prison sentence I think most of us would have served some time.

Like I said, I don't disagree with you... mostly. ;)

Oh, we gave him the benefit of the doubt.... until Chad found his and his girlfriend's myspace and facebook pages. Along with his comments on ar15.com.

Gun owners should stick with each other, but this guy was making a joke of 99% of the gun owners. =)

there is a difference between being stupid responsible, ie racing at high speeds in the middle of no where, with no one around, and you are the only one that can get hurt..... and being stupid and irresponsible, doing the same thing while endagering other people's liberties or lives.

I am a big believer of john locke's philosophy. Personally I dont care what people do in their own time as long as they keep to themselves, however.... "Your rights end where my nose begins." - John Locke. This douchebag's actions have a negative impact on my rights as a gun owner. He was purposely and knowingly breaking the law, then tried to sell it to an undercover agent. Those are his actions. His character just makes him worse.

We have been following this case since the day he originally got arrested, months ago. read the thread. =)

IMO One of the biggest arguments we rely on as pro-gun advocates is that the legal gun owners are not the ones committing the gun related crimes. Guys like this who own and obtain their guns legally and still insist on committing crimes is gold for the anti-gunners, I have no sympathy for this guy.