crazyboy

Dix 3/31?

Depending on the weather, I might make it out there to sign up/shoot.

By the way, and not to derail the thread-- so, please PM me if it would-- what are some suggestions for a decent, budget-conscious spotting scope? I have skimmed through pages on opticsplanet, but I really don't know what I'm looking for! :doh:

Weather is looking pretty decent for Wednesday so I should be going over. I usually bring some paper targets and some milk bottles to shoot at. I get there around 2:00-2:30. I want to try trap one of these visits but need somebody to work the switch.

I want to try trap one of these visits but need somebody to work the switch.

XDJohn,

While it's always better to have someone with you (so you can throw excuses at them for why the dumb clays won't break!) but you can actually run the trap switch with your foot if you had to.

I have off work on the 31st so I can definetly make it and already have a membership. It just has to be after 12noon-have some business to take care of in the morning. What times everyone trying to meet? If we're gonna shoot skeet also let me know so I can load up properly?

I don't think it opens until noon but we usually get there between 2:00 and 2:30. I would like to try Trap and have some ammo left from when we did the CJRP meet back in October so I am set. Maybe we can do a few rounds and if we still have time, move over to the rifle range?

I don't think it opens until noon but we usually get there between 2:00 and 2:30. I would like to try Trap and have some ammo left from when we did the CJRP meet back in October so I am set. Maybe we can do a few rounds and if we still have time, move over to the rifle range?

it opens at 1.

As it is, Wednesday should be a decently nice day. Mid-60's, partly cloudy, and a slight wind (10-15mph NW). The ground might be a bit wet (I don't know how it is there consistently) since the forecast shows rain on Monday and Tuesday. If it can stay like this, I should make it out there myself and sign up.

You dont have to buy clays at Fort Dix, its an automated system. Its $3 for every 25 clays launched and the trap you shoot out of is free! Just bring a shot gun with atleast a 26" barrel and as much 7-9shot as you wanna shoot.Theres also 2 towers you'll be shooting from, a left and a right- low tower on the right(low and slow) High tower on the left (high and fast) or doubles from both if you so choose. Its alot a fun and if you Hunt Pheasant and Duck like I do its even more fun and good practice for the birds. I can give a quick 1_2 on shooting from the different stations and towers if you guys want once we get there?

Excellent Liberty! I think I want to try TRAP first, with the one low house out front? My shotgun is a pump (Remington 870) and the only time I tried at CJRP we were shooting SKEET and I could not react fast enough to pump it and then find the second clay. I am thinking with TRAP I can get used to leading and shooting without worrying about reloading and changing directions (yeah, I know, I should have bought a Semi or Over-Under). And, since I don't know many people yet, I drive an Electric Blue Dodge Nitro, so I am real easy to spot!

normal_DSC08155.JPG

You dont have to buy clays at Fort Dix, its an automated system. Its $3 for every 25 clays launched and the trap you shoot out of is free! Just bring a shot gun with atleast a 26" barrel and as much 7-9shot as you wanna shoot.Theres also 2 towers you'll be shooting from, a left and a right- low tower on the right(low and slow) High tower on the left (high and fast) or doubles from both if you so choose. Its alot a fun and if you Hunt Pheasant and Duck like I do its even more fun and good practice for the birds. I can give a quick 1_2 on shooting from the different stations and towers if you guys want once we get there?

Do they have casual clay shooting or is it just legit skeet and trap?