crazyboy

Dix 3/31?

I don't know if anyone is interested, but this past weekend when I went I was told by the supervisor there that Friday sessions had begun that week. I have off (as do some others I'm sure) for Good Friday. And my girlfriend has to work, so my obligations are non-existent. Anybody want to reschedule for Friday?

Yea, I'll be there Friday, too, to sign up, and USE THE RANGE myself. I REALLY wanted to go tomorrow, and while its not the weather itself-- but how it might affect the roadways there and whatnot that bother me.

I'm off on Thursday now too. Not that Dix will be open, but I'm game for Friday. I've never been there before, but would like to sign-up and meet some more people from here. I've only met Pizza Bob before. What time?

How about 1pm? I have seen varying times for when it is open. Some sites say 8am-4pm. Some say 1pm-8pm. I figure we're covered either way.

Edited:

Or I can call tomorrow and figure out when it really is open. :)

Pretty good chance I will be heading down Friday afternoon.

Chris, if I do make it, I'll try to have some fresher fruit for you :lol:

Great. It would be cool to meet there again. This time I will definitely take a shooting seat.

Hopefully it isn't windy. I'd love to shoot some with my CZ452 in 17HM2. Those ballistic rounds tend to blow things up really well, but the 17HM2 bullets are so light that they scatter easily with wind.

Is range 14 cash only or do they accept plastic? Just curious as I normally don't carry cash, and don't want to be caught with my pants down (figuratively for you purists out there :p ).

I paid for my membership on plastic this past Sunday. I do think they prefer cash though.

Is range 14 cash only or do they accept plastic? Just curious as I normally don't carry cash, and don't want to be caught with my pants down (figuratively for you purists out there :p ).

I paid for my membership on plastic this past Sunday. I do think they prefer cash though.

Somtimes their card machine goes down. Bring csh, it is easier.

Ok, cool, thanks for the head's up. I was assuming I should bring cash because every time I go to an establishment I've never been-- it seems like they always only take cash, and then I feel stupid just standing there, mumbling excuses as I dig into my obviously empty pockets.

You faked me out good today! :oops: Thought I finally might get the chance to put some faces with names today, but didn't look at the site before I left, so I didn't realize everyone postponed. Oh well, some other time then.

Real good day today for the rifle range though. Pistol range was down for hunter safety classes, but even still there were only 5-6 tables being used at any one time today. Very light and good weather, which was nice.

Jam-up today was on the skeet/trap range, so you're lucky you postponed. Had a pretty good waiting list all afternoon. Only 4 stations in service because of all the flooding and the guys on those stations were all wearing rubber boots. Pretty damp.

May be able to make it Friday too, so maybe I'll meet some of you then.

I was typing away on some papers, looked out my window, and seriously contemplated heading out. Aside from the scattered clouds, I don't know what rain they were speaking of was, and I really wish I would have gone to the range instead :(

Weather.com is saying sunny and 75 with 0% for precipitation for Friday, and my week is generally over after Thursdays-- so, I should definitely be there (already took out the cash needed too ;) ). Gosh, I can't wait.

haha.... this is going to be a good day....

Here are the planned takers to the range....

Mosin 91/30 circa 1923

Mosin 91/30 circa 1945 (as long as I clean it today and tomorrow as planned)

Sig 556 (with the new awesome charging handle that doesnt rub the eotech)

Most likely will take the Vepr.... and may go buy a new scope for it. I just want to see if I will end up keeping it or sell it.