jermz1987

Check out my new used gun. (New Range Report)

So yesterday my father and I went to Cheyennes Mountain Outfitters to put a down payment on his first gun.While we were there I asked to see the Kahr CW9, Taurus Millennium Pro and a Smith and Wesson Sigma they had. I chose those three because Ive been interested in getting a polymer framed pistol, something lite and small I could take with me to PA when I stay at my sisters. Something inexpensive.I really liked the feeling of the Kahr, It felt nice in my hands and was very lite. The price tag was awesome. 299.99 :shock: The Smith was 380.00 :think:and the Taurus 359.00 :shifty: The Taurus also felt nice but everyone keeps telling me to stay away from the Taurus autos. While putting the money down for the Springfield, Without even asking me my pops told the guy he would like to buy the Kahr for me. He said the price was too go to pass up. So we went back today with a permit and picked it up. Its used and came with a box and 2 mags. Here she is. Kahr CW9. I would like to add a slip on grip.If anyone knows of one let me know.

Picture153.jpg

Picture151.jpg

Picture155.jpg

Picture157.jpg

RANGE REPORT

So today I decided to go to Brick to put the Kahr CW9 through its paces. I brought different types of ammo to shoot. Ill admit I was nervous considering the price I payed for it, I thought something might of been wrong with it. Also the fact that it was very tight, I didnt think it would cycle well. I fired around 300 rounds of various ammo including American Eagle 124grn, 115grn, Federal Red box 115grn, Winchester 115grn UMC, and Federal 115grn Jacketed Hollow Points. All fired without a single hiccup. I fired at 7-10 yards mostly.

2 round bursts and a couple mag dumps just to see how it preformed. It went very well. The DOA trigger was long but very smooth, almost like my Smith and Wesson 66. The recoil wasn't as bad as I thought it would be for such a small framed lite pistol. The only complaint I have is with the stippling on the grip. After a couple hundred rounds it begins to dig into and irritate the hand, and by the end my hand was sore, But nothing a Hogue slip on grip cant fix.

This is the best I could do at around 7 to 10 yards. Using Federal JHPs.

Picture179.jpg

Picture174.jpg

The first gun is like your first car. Even though you may own a Ferrari someday, you will never enjoy driving like you did that first set of wheels you actually owned. i have owned a ton of guns over the years, but still remember the feeling of that old .22 Ruger that was my own!

That's at least $100 less than any new one I've seen. I don't have a lot of experience with Kahrs but the NYPD guys I know were impressed with it. It is about the only non-big name pistol authorized for off duty by NYPD last I looked.

Good deal!

Jeremy, if your going the concealed carry route, that Taurus belongs on your ankle and the Kahr inside your wasteband. I'm only saying this cause your selling the Taurus. Keep it!!!

Jeremy, if your going the concealed carry route, that Taurus belongs on your ankle and the Kahr inside your wasteband. I'm only saying this cause your selling the Taurus. Keep it!!!

Oh I am not planning on carrying 2 Ray. Thats silly...

Im planning on carrying all four.

Excellent price even for a used CW9.

I love mine it's very well balanced and accurate for such a light slim pistol.

A lot of cop's who can on duty back up choose the pm9 or 40 to carry in their vests.

They really are a fine weapon. When you are ready to get a holster check out the crossbreed super tuck

it's the best cc holster there is as far as I am concerned. Let me know where you find the slip on grip been

looking here and there but have not come across one yet.

So yesterday my father and I went to Cheyennes Mountain Outfitters to put a down payment on his first gun.While we were there I asked to see the Kahr CW9, Taurus Millennium Pro and a Smith and Wesson Sigma they had. I chose those three because Ive been interested in getting a polymer framed pistol, something lite and small I could take with me to PA when I stay at my sisters. Something inexpensive.I really liked the feeling of the Kahr, It felt nice in my hands and was very lite. The price tag was awesome. 299.99 :shock: The Smith was 380.00 :think:and the Taurus 359.00 :shifty: The Taurus also felt nice but everyone keeps telling me to stay away from the Taurus autos. While putting the money down for the Springfield, Without even asking me my pops told the guy he would like to buy the Kahr for me. He said the price was too go to pass up. So we went back today with a permit and picked it up. Its used and came with a box and 2 mags. Here she is. Kahr CW9. I would like to add a slip on grip.If anyone knows of one let me know.

Picture153.jpg

Picture151.jpg

Picture155.jpg

Picture157.jpg

RANGE REPORT

So today I decided to go to Brick to put the Kahr CW9 through its paces. I brought different types of ammo to shoot. Ill admit I was nervous considering the price I payed for it, I thought something might of been wrong with it. Also the fact that it was very tight, I didnt think it would cycle well. I fired around 300 rounds of various ammo including American Eagle 124grn, 115grn, Federal Red box 115grn, Winchester 115grn UMC, and Federal 115grn Jacketed Hollow Points. All fired without a single hiccup. I fired at 7-10 yards mostly.

2 round bursts and a couple mag dumps just to see how it preformed. It went very well. The DOA trigger was long but very smooth, almost like my Smith and Wesson 66. The recoil wasn't as bad as I thought it would be for such a small framed lite pistol. The only complaint I have is with the stippling on the grip. After a couple hundred rounds it begins to dig into and irritate the hand, and by the end my hand was sore, But nothing a Hogue slip on grip cant fix.

This is the best I could do at around 7 to 10 yards. Using Federal JHPs.

Picture179.jpg

Picture174.jpg

Nice shooting! Please forget about the Hogue slip-on. It's a concealed carry pistol, why make it any wider or give it more drag on your clothing? Man up to the stippling it's there for your protection. Wear a glove for practice.

Nice shooting! Please forget about the Hogue slip-on. It's a concealed carry pistol, why make it any wider or give it more drag on your clothing? Man up to the stippling it's there for your protection. Wear a glove for practice.

I went with a bicycle inner tube piece instead of a Hogue slip on (on my XD) and I find that it improves grip - it was a Bee itch to get on there and has not slipped.