Leth

Hi All - New forum member in Hoboken NJ

Hi All,

New member here. Originally from Australia, I moved to NJ about 10 years ago. I was put onto the great forum by two members I met during my first visit to Sarco Inc.

I'm a CJRPC member, and typically shoot IPSC, steel match, 5 Position Clay and the CMP events. I love reloading ammo, and have a weakness for mil surplus firearms; the weirder the are, the more appealing they become. Maybe it's the smell of age and cosmoline that does it...

Talk to you all soon!

It was me you met at sarco. Glad to see you found the site. :dance:

Thanks for hooking me up with this forum. I'm eager to get back to Sarco; there was more cool stuff to check out than I could fit in one visit. See ya 'round!

Holy cow another Hudson County shooter! That's makes 5 of us! Welcome bro, and let me know if you want to shoot at the Bayonne Range, it's all the rave!!!!!

Thanks for the welcome! I've heard great things about the Bayonne range. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Cheers!

Hi,

Welcome.

There's a shoot next Sunday at Cherry Ridge. It's about 50 minutes from Hoboken. You should come :)

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6250

G'Day!

Blast - I'm travelling over to Oz untill end of April, otherwise i'd be there. Ah well, I'll keep an eye open for future shoots there.

Have a good one!

Welcome to this forum! I too am a CJ member and there is a Garand shoot coming up. I collect Garands and 1911s.

I love the CJ Garand shoot. I've taken a few of my non-shooting friends to prior shoots and they're hooked. One has even submitted for his own CMP Garand. I'll be travelling during the next shoot, but I'll definately be there for the following one.

I'm also a 1911 fan. I have a Colt Series 70 that I imported in from my Australian collection before all 45s there had to be handed in for destruction. (No grandfathered gun laws there, that's for sure)

I'll keep an eye open for you on the firing line og the following Garand shoot.

Cheers!

Hi,

Welcome.

There's a shoot next Sunday at Cherry Ridge. It's about 50 minutes from Hoboken. You should come :)

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6250

G'Day!

Blast - I'm travelling over to Oz untill end of April, otherwise i'd be there. Ah well, I'll keep an eye open for future shoots there.

Have a good one!

There will be an event in May as well. See you there :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Welcome to the forum.

I spent about 4 years working in PNG and spent a lot of my time off in OZ. Where are you from?

Nice! I'm from Perth. Like many Australian's I've always wanted to visit Papua New Guinea. The Kokoda Track and WW2 battles there hold a lot of historic and cultural significance for Australia. Did you get much opportunity to explore PNG?

Cheers,

Leth

Welcome to the forum.

I spent about 4 years working in PNG and spent a lot of my time off in OZ. Where are you from?

Nice! I'm from Perth. Like many Australian's I've always wanted to visit Papua New Guinea. The Kokoda Track and WW2 battles there hold a lot of historic and cultural significance for Australia. Did you get much opportunity to explore PNG?

Cheers,

Leth

I stayed in Freemantle with friends for a week. Only spent 1 day looking around Perth.

Really didn't explore PNG. I lived in an oil camp in the Southern Highlands and got to see the area from the air while flying heavy-lift helicopters in support of oil exploration. Very pretty scenery.