Sign in to follow this  
Regulator72

? for S&W 6906 Owners

Hey... I recently acquired a pre-owned 9mm Smith & Wesson 6906. In the past few days i have been able to put about 300 rds thru it..

Here's my issue, i get a failure to eject about every 2-4 rds, mostly it's every 2, sometimes if i'm lucky i get 4 shots, and the 4th casing remains in the barrel. It's almost as if the extractor is missing the spent cartridge. I have the drop the mag, rack the slide and the casing will fall out. Tried 3 different types of .9mm ammo, all factory stuff, no reloads.

The casing, when i do get it out, has a few little dings, or marks on it where it looks like the extractor was "trying" to grab hold of it.. but fails...

If i load 1 single round, fire, the casing flies right out no problems..

Upon inspection of the extractor, i notice a small notch or C shaped groove on the edge of it, is this supposed to be there? it feels smooth and doesn't look like a chip or out of place.. can anyone confirm this?

I also tried 2 mags, and like i said 3 brands of ammo, all with the same result.

I'm going to call S&W tomorrow and see about getting it serviced. this issue is keeping the gun out of my night stand until i can resolve..

I'll assume it is used. It probably needs a new extractor. I've replaced a few dozen over the last few years.

Yeah, it's used.. I think i'll call up S&W today and have them do it, should be free right? lifetime warranty? other than that, it's hard to tell the things been used @ all...