axeman_g

ATF classified as pistol...

Hmmm.... I want this, and I want it bad.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct883.aspx

The question is if this is ATF classified as a pistol does this negate the folding stock (permanetly fixed closed) issue with NJ. Next would be getting the mags shipped to someone in Pa to pin.

what is everyone judgment? I want this as I really want a 7.62x25 carbine.

Hmmm.... I want this, and I want it bad.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct883.aspx

The question is if this is ATF classified as a pistol does this negate the folding stock (permanetly fixed closed) issue with NJ. Next would be getting the mags shipped to someone in Pa to pin.

what is everyone judgment? I want this as I really want a 7.62x25 carbine.

The folding stock is not a consideration if it's a pistol. There is a max weight limit for a pistol in NJ. That is why the Ruger Charger 22LR can't be sold here. I would check this against it.

ok.... first off I swear I have seen Charger sold in NJ and GSG5 Pistols. Second....so what is the deal.. never looked into this before and have ignored all previous posts concerning the charger or GSG.

once again dealing with the pistol weight and if it applies to stuff on the list or not.

I believe Ruger sent out a letter stating that Charger is not NJ compliant due to weight.

ok... going by "the list" since it is not listed it would be free from evilness, but the weight will throw it off the law. It will be about 5 - 6pds or therefore 80 - 110 ozs. Oh well.... crap i am gonna stay here in WV. I sure am going to miss my dogs.

The folding stock is not a consideration if it's a pistol. There is a max weight limit for a pistol in NJ. That is why the Ruger Charger 22LR can't be sold here. I would check this against it.

It sounds like I stepped in crap. I know there is a max weight limit on pistols. Did I miss something?

Are you guys going to make me have to use the search function on this site to see what I missed? :)

B. a semi-automatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following:

an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;

a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and

a semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm; and,

The mag location and weight (56 oz) makes the Charger an assault weapon according to the AG's guidelines.

Where's Tony357, we need an AG letter on this... :lol::D

Mark... illegal. Ruger even said so.

It does? Where?

BRAND: Ruger # OF MAGS:

MODEL: 22 Charger SAFETY: Cross Bolt Safety

TYPE: Semi-Automatic Pistol SIGHTS: No Sights

CALIBER: 22LR BARREL LENGTH: 10"

FINISH: Black Matte OVERALL LENGTH: 19.25"

ACTION: Double Action WEIGHT: 3.5 lbs

STOCK: Black Laminate PACKAGING: Gun Rug With Ruger Logo

CAPACITY: 10+1 FEATURES: BiPod Included (Optics Not Included)

CHOKES: FEATURES: Weaver Style & Tip Off Scope Mounts

CHAMBER: BUTT PLATE:

MUZZLE: RECEIVER:

RESTRICTIONS: CA, CT, HI, MD, MA, NY, Toledo OH & Aurora IL

ii. A semi-automatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

(1) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

(2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;

(3) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned;

(4) Manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and/or

(5) A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm; and

An unloaded Ruger Charger weighs 56 ounces.

Come on guys. It's not that hard.

Malsua, many vendor websites and even manufacturer websites are not 100% familiar with NJ laws. There are websites who think they can send "magazine parts kits" to NJ and will ship it to a NJ address unaware it is illegal in NJ, same with Saiga shotgun magazines, many vendors think they can send the 8/10/12 round magazines to NJ because we can 15 round magazines, when in reality possession of the Saiga shotgun and a 10 round magazine for it puts you in constructive possession of an assault weapon.

A vendor/manufacturer's ignorance of the law is not an acceptable reason for a resident to be ignorant of the law as well.

ii. A semi-automatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

(1) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

(2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;

(3) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned;

(4) Manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and/or

And yet they are still sold in NJ.

Edit: As a note, I know all those restrictions, I can recite them from memory. As said further up in the thread...Not this again. I don't have a dog in this hunt.

And yet they are still sold in NJ.

And yet someone caught with one could get themselves into some pretty serious trouble.

There were vendors in the state selling Gamo Whispers too. Then NJSP paid them a visit.

That's nice. I still won't take any chances. When I see it plain ink from the NJSP/AG (aka never) I'll go ahead and do that. Until then, I'll continue to be "paranoid". I don't think it's "paranoia" to be cautious in a place that considers gun ownership a privilege and despises the very thought of it at all. I won't put my life and property at risk on the basis of a 14 year old letter.

This is so stupid. I saw a few in Caso's last year and they were sold. Now, I haven't seen them since. I guess they are illegal but noone really knows cause the state can't even run itself!!!