BRaptor

Newark : Outgunned May 8th and 9th, Channel 12!!!!

Has anyone heard about this program?

I was watching News 12 this evening and a spot came on advertising a special segment that was coming up called "Newark: Outgunned."

I didn't catch when it was coming on, but I'm interested in it. Does anyone else know about this upcoming program?

UPDATE:

Just got this e-mail response from News 12.

Hi Mr. XXXX,

The Newark Outgunned Special will air next weekend, May 8th & 9th. It will air at 7 PM and 7:30 PM on Saturday and 8 PM and 8:30 PM on Sunday. I also believe that during this coming week we will be airing small segments from it during ou[r] newscasts.

Hope this helps.

Eh, I can probably summarize it:

ZOMG!! there's millions of automatic assault AK47Glocks in 50 cal copkiller bullets that are sold put of gumball machines and bought by perfect angels who are corrupted by the EvilGUNLOBBY. And Bryan Miller cries like a fairy. The end.

ZOMG!! there's millions of automatic assault AK47Glocks in 50 cal copkiller bullets that are sold put of gumball machines and bought by perfect angels who are corrupted by the EvilGUNLOBBY. And Bryan Miller cries like a fairy. The end.

You forgot to add Menendez's herd of potential Democratic votors from Mexico who are only here to do the jobs Americans won't.

You forgot to add Menendez's herd of potential Democratic votors from Mexico who are only here to do the jobs Americans won't.

it's hard for me to even buy that argument, right now with a 10% unemployment rate, I think people are looking for any job they can get. I dont see mexicans at the drive thru at Mcdonalds.

as far as jobs and illegals go....

1) Deport illegals

2) end welfare

3) wait for hunger to set in

watch Americans do work the media previously stated ONLY illegals would do..

solve a shit ton of problems all at the same time..

it's hard for me to even buy that argument, right now with a 10% unemployment rate, I think people are looking for any job they can get. I dont see mexicans at the drive thru at Mcdonalds.

That's becuase you need a state ID for that job.

What is this special about?

I have to admit, I don't think I clearly remember.

I was only half-listening at the moment and the advertisement only caught my attention when they said the name at the end.

IF I remember correctly, it's about the rampant violence in Newark with some focus on NJ's strong gun controls and how they have failed to curtail the violence. I got the feeling that the program was questioning NJ's Gun Control.

I'll keep an eye on News 12 and update this thread with more info. News 12 says they'll be running teasers prior to air date.

It s a cablevision news station and they have the same for CT,NY......

News 12 New Jersey is the exclusive 24-hour local news channel dedicated to serving 14 counties in New Jersey. The cable exclusive service currently reaches more than 1,800,000 homes on the Cablevision, Comcast, Service-Electric and Time-Warner cable systems in Northern and Central New Jersey.

News 12 New Jersey is part of News 12 Networks, which is the first, largest and most-watched regional news network.

News 12 Networks is owned and operated by Cablevision Systems Corp.

Just saw an update.

It looks like it MIGHT be almost balanced. It discusses the illegal trade that exists (no, we can't deny it) through straw purchasers and shipped up illegally from the south with "looser" gun laws.

It also apparently includes an interview with Richard Gilbert--an attorney who advocates for permitted carry as a deterrent to violent gun crime.

Update on times, too. I just, literally, JUST saw this two minutes ago.

Thursday at 5pm for short "teasers."

Thursday 8 pm for 1-hour special.

I still think the Saturday Sunday still stands.

I feel the tide shifting. CCW will never happen over night; this is a tide that must be shifted through relentless pressure and rational argument. Eventually, we will prove that an unarmed populace is a citizenry of victims and that CCW is not only a rational solution, but a necessary PART of the solution to violent crime.

I'm a little excited about this program special. It's bringing our CCW argument to popular attention.

i watched some of the program but got pissed. basically a anti gun report except for a lawyer they had on who did a good job of expalining legal gun ownership and making a good point for conceled carry but as far as i was concerned just another anti gun report.

i watched some of the program but got pissed. basically a anti gun report except for a lawyer they had on who did a good job of expalining legal gun ownership and making a good point for conceled carry but as far as i was concerned just another anti gun report.

How did you see it if it wasn't on yet?

I did both. The programs focused mostly on illegally-obtained guns. It discussed how straw purchasers get guns and sell them to criminals (they blamed the "loose" gun laws in the south/west and called I-95 "The Iron Pipeline" for all the "illegal guns" that get shipped north to places like Newark).

It wasn't horribly anti-gun, although, you could tell the reporter was VERY anti-gun. There were some moments of sensationalism (e.g. when they showed clips of a police officer shooting at a target which was wearing a bullet-proof vest and the firearm being used was a full-auto (illegal for civilians) with armor-piercing bullets (also illegal for civilians). Then, the program went on to say something to the effect of how these guns are devastating and police are afraid to go up against these types of guns.) I simply had to roll my eyes.

I guess the highlight was Nappen pinning Booker (the squirrely anti-gun moron) down and forced Booker to say, directly into the camera, "No legally owned guns have been used in any homicides in Newark." Earlier, Booker had said 1 legally-owned gun had been used in a homicied in Newark in the past 4 years, so I'm assuming he meant this year.

The program also acknowledged that gun buy-back programs don't take guns from criminalss that intend to use them. Rather, they remove guns from households so they cannot be either used at an inopportune moment of passion or stolen.

Then, the program went onto some hystrionics about somebody that was shot in front of their house in Newark, and he was a good guy and didn't do anything wrong and was active/supportive in the community. I feel bad for the family, but I thought that giving it about 25% of the airtime was a bit excessive.

Overall, not a bad show, but not much to be learned from it.

I guess the highlight was Nappen pinning Booker (the squirrely anti-gun moron) down and forced Booker to say, directly into the camera, "No legally owned guns have been used in any homicides in Newark." Earlier, Booker had said 1 legally-owned gun had been used in a homicied in Newark in the past 4 years, so I'm assuming he meant this year.

I would love to see that on You Tube. I would love to see ANJRPC jump on that and use it in litigation to get OGAM overturned. I would love to see NRA use that nation wide. I have more of a chance of sleeping with two beautiful actresses than of seeing two of the three things previously mentioned... :geek:

I would love to see that on You Tube. I would love to see ANJRPC jump on that and use it in litigation to get OGAM overturned. I would love to see NRA use that nation wide. I have more of a chance of sleeping with two beautiful actresses than of seeing two of the three things previously mentioned... :geek:

and for CCW as well.

I would love to see that on You Tube. I would love to see ANJRPC jump on that and use it in litigation to get OGAM overturned. I would love to see NRA use that nation wide. I have more of a chance of sleeping with two beautiful actresses than ... :geek:

So one is not out of the question for you? cool!