Sign in to follow this  
cuervo25_1

remington 1911r1

I read a write-up in one of the gun magazines on this little honey and if was a jam-o-matic. I think some issues need to be worked out because I really like Remy products.

The problem I have with the "series 80's" guns is if you put a long trigger in and adjust out the over travel, you can adjust out the firing pin safety, so it is intermitently in operable. Ask me how I know...

The Kimber method of the firing pin safety operating off of the grip safety will allow you to have a better trigger but make sure you don't engage the grip safety while disassembling or you will have problems.

Classic two safety 1911's are the way to go in my opinion.

Browning was a gun designer not the product liability lawyers.

I read a write-up in one of the gun magazines on this little honey and if was a jam-o-matic. I think some issues need to be worked out because I really like Remy products.

I tell you I have been a remington man for some time now,and Glock as far as handguns go. If they get this worked out and it turns out to be a great handgun I will be very very excited. For 700 bucks it is hard to beat as well.

Definetly looks like GI Milsurp SI. I wonder if theres going to be an R2 depending on the sales of the R1 :think: ? Something a little more up to date, extended beaver tail, skeleton hammer and trigger...something along those lines. The R1 definetly has the look for the 1911 purists.

This might be a silly question as I'm new to firearms. But will this be American made?? I mean I almost bought a Springfield before I learned they were from Brazil. It was the deciding factor that made me go with kimber.

I found it on there site.

Where is the 1911 R1 made?

These guns are built in our manufacturing facility in Ilion, NY. :clap:

This might be a silly question as I'm new to firearms. But will this be American made?? I mean I almost bought a Springfield before I learned they were from Brazil. It was the deciding factor that made me go with kimber.

I found it on there site.

Where is the 1911 R1 made?

These guns are built in our manufacturing facility in Ilion, NY. :clap:

Springfield is made in Croatia, Taurus is made in Brazil.

Springfield is made in Croatia, Taurus is made in Brazil.

Only the XD and XDM are made in Croatia...

I did not know that. I thought all of Springfield armory was in Croatia. Where are the other Springfield Armory firearms made? (M1A, Socoms and 1911's)