TommyRuss

Cabela's at the Meadowlands

I know Rich disagrees with me..but IMO once Cabela's is free from Xanadu's albatross around their Necks, I think you MAY still see them open a store here. Every time im in hamburg, half the Parking lot is NY/NJ plates. if they didnt think they could make money They wouldnt have entertained a store here in the First Place!!. If they were smart, they'd put it in Secaucus, there are a bunch of vacancies in the area of Mill Creek, which would also Draw maybe a few Outdoor/Hunting shows to the Meadowlands Convention Center...perhaps even with Firearms manufacturers in attendance. With an FFL 1/4 miles away, they could probably make an arrangement with Cabela's to do transfers (for a fee of course), Plus Hudson county does NOT have the Blue Laws that Bergen does...Were those supposed to be suspended JUST for Xanadu?? I could see millions of dollars in lawsuits if that happened by the rest of the retailers forced to close doors on sundays in Bergen County.

Yeah i'm Greedy, im just tired of the 3 hour drive...but seriously I think they'd have a HUGE draw if they were to open here..and it would be a SLAP in the face of the Antis if they could make money at it.

They will open.... It is tooo stupid of them not to. They are complaining though as they should, to renegotiate their lease. Think of it this way... they locked themselves into a least 5 years ago, when lease rates on commercial properties were 3 times what they are today.

smart thing to do, wait till it goes bankrupt, and have Cabelas buy out the whole complex for pennies on the dollar. the commercial real estate bubble is yet to really bust, and come summer time next year... there will be alot of cheap places to buy.

...smart thing to do, wait till it goes bankrupt, and have Cabelas buy out the whole complex for pennies on the dollar. the commercial real estate bubble is yet to really bust, and come summer time next year... there will be alot of cheap places to buy.

Exactly my thought as well. The longer they wait, the cheaper the space gets!

...smart thing to do, wait till it goes bankrupt, and have Cabelas buy out the whole complex for pennies on the dollar. the commercial real estate bubble is yet to really bust, and come summer time next year... there will be alot of cheap places to buy.

Exactly my thought as well. The longer they wait, the cheaper the space gets!

Maybe more ranges will start to pop up...

Heh. Sure.

That place is not opening at all, Cabelas is just waiting out the clock on that one, and they dont have to worry because nothing is happening at SCAM-A-DO. Besides, NJ hates guns, so they are going to have a cabelas that sells guns and ammo right in the meadowlands? I dont think so. They barely gave Dicks the license to sell guns in ammo in a suburban shopping mall!

If only someone reminded Corslime at the time that 'they sell guns you know' this would have never been an option....

That place is not opening at all, Cabelas is just waiting out the clock on that one, and they dont have to worry because nothing is happening at SCAM-A-DO. Besides, NJ hates guns, so they are going to have a cabelas that sells guns and ammo right in the meadowlands? I dont think so. They barely gave Dicks the license to sell guns in ammo in a suburban shopping mall!

If only someone reminded Corslime at the time that 'they sell guns you know' this would have never been an option....

+1

Secaucus is a terrible spot for Cabelas. They can't even keep up with the potholes on Route 3. The road always seems like its about to fall apart. That area is just way to congested. You ever drive near there when a game or concert is getting out??? That Xanadu is a joke and big scam from the beginning. I know Cabela's wants to open up a store in NJ and they obviously realize the huge market over here. The one thing they didn't realize is how hard it is to do any kind of business in NJ and the BS they have to put up with.

Cabela's Contract was signed under McPickle-boy

the willowbrook mall area in wayne has a lot of open space now. it would be nice to have cabela's move in there. and it's at the junction of 3 pretty major highways

Not enough space and the roadways definitely couldn't handle it. Even though the roadways at the meadowlands can't handle it either though.

A box of Ammo and an NJGF shirt says Cabelas will be there, and may even become a part owner of Xanadu within the next 2 years.

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .300 Win Mag Black Hills Match Please :mrgreen: