71ragtopgoat

Jim Flynn's truck repair

Went to Jim's to buy 22LR. He's a very nice fellow to deal with.

At the time I was there he had about 3 state troopers milling about.

They loved my M&P 15-22. A couple of them already own one.

I bought the gun for for $454.12 out the door. I also bought a brick of 500 cci 22lr for $20.00. While I was there he sold some 9mm ammo if anyone is looking for it he has it. It a nice rustic place with friendly employees and customers.

Thank you and a firm handshake wile looking you in the eye is the norm.

Sadly it's a little to far for me to visit often.

I bought a case of ammo from him about a year ago. What a nice guy. It was the beggining of the ammo crunch so I called to confirm it. He told me it was his last case and he would hold it for me. Well he did and he didn't get any more .45 acp in fo several months. And his primary business is truck repair so you know he does this as a labor of love.

Jim is great to deal with and has fair prices. The only hassle is he is a one man shop. I have been there when the line is about 5-6 deep. If everyone is buying a gun you can wait a while. I always go to Jim for guns and ammo first.

Jim is good to go. Real nice people there, he will order what you want and they have a ton in stock. Bunch of ammo there too.

Best to call ahead before you go - he pulls a lot of hours there but its good to check before you go.

Ask him about the bears. :)

I have to echo the other posts here. I've bought 3 pistols from him and every time the experience was top notch. I always go there if I'm looking for something. He's just an incredibly nice guy as well.

Yes he does. He doesn't really have much of a stock to hold in your hands, but he'll order just about anything you want. My buddy who told me about him bought all of his Glocks from Jim I believe.

Yes he does. He doesn't really have much of a stock to hold in your hands, but he'll order just about anything you want. My buddy who told me about him bought all of his Glocks from Jim I believe.

I'll always call and ask what he's got. Most times he can place an order that is cheaper then online but you might have to wait a bit for it.

Wow, this place is great!!! Jim Flynn is a class act and a very nice guy. He doesn't have much in the shop but he can order almost any gun that you could be looking for. His prices are way lower than most of the shops in the area too! I highly recommend Jim Flynn's if you're looking for a firearm.

Wow, this place is great!!! Jim Flynn is a class act and a very nice guy. He doesn't have much in the shop but he can order almost any gun that you could be looking for. His prices are way lower than most of the shops in the area too! I highly recommend Jim Flynn's if you're looking for a firearm.

Passed him by the other day but didn`t go in.

WIll check this place out for a few pistols next year probably.

Another big +1 on everything that's been said so far. Bought my XD9 from Jim and got great price on it. Had him do a couple of transfer's and he gave me a break on doing more than one at a time as well. Great guy, and he will show you his price he pays for the guns and what you pay.

I have to agree with many on this post, Jim is about 40 minutes away from me and I took the drive just to check it out. Due to the 30 day purchase regulation. I wasn't able to purchase anything that day and he was busy; about 5 peeps were in front and three additional behind me and this is on top of things going on with his Truck biz. I just had to say, great guy! He knew I was unable to purchase, but gave me the attention since I was the next in front, even when I told him to take care of paying customers first. Long story short, I ended up ordering a GP100 from him for a great price. I'll be picking it up in a couple of weeks when the 30 day policy passes. One thing you should be aware, there is no display case for firearms. You will need to know what you are looking for or wanting to buy or at least an idea and have patience since he is very busy. He is also able to fill in the blanks and show you things that are close to what you are looking for. I almost ended up wanting to pick up a 380... Man decisions!.

Jim Flynn is a great guy. I purchased two 1890's Mosin-Nagants (which were on consignment)for $100 for the both, plus NICS. Definitely not what one would call a "traditional" gun shop (it's actually a truck repair station as some mentioned before) but if you know what you want going in and/or call ahead of time, you're in for a quality buying experience. Recommended.

This is somewhat off topic, but since I've never met the guy I'm curious. Did Jim serve in Vietnam? Reading a book on snipers in Vietnam that mentions a Jim Flynn who supposedly hailed from the northeast. Long shot, but I figured it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

This is somewhat off topic, but since I've never met the guy I'm curious. Did Jim serve in Vietnam? Reading a book on snipers in Vietnam that mentions a Jim Flynn who supposedly hailed from the northeast. Long shot, but I figured it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

He's the right age - why not call & ask him?

Jim is where I buy just about everything from. Its about a 45min drive for me and I don't mind the ride one bit. Been going there around 3 years now. To say theres not much to look at is true, but it doesn't mean there aren't guns on prem. When he gets to know you he might show ya his secret spot in the shop...where when its opened its just pure heaven as rays of light shine upon all the guns he has in storage. The only bad thing...well it might actually be a good thing for me...is that hes only open weekdays and doesn't take credit cards...if he was open on Saturdays and took cc's it'd be all over lol. For those looking for where hes located, just throw in Jim Flynn's Truck Repair NJ in Google.

Anyone know what Jim usually charges for .45 ACP ammunition? Looking to get at least 250-500 rounds for the range. In the process of getting another Glock from Jim, so far I've been waiting for almost 2 months. However his price is much lower than anyone else on the internet and much lower then other North Jersey gun shops. Just the wait (close to 2 months) is frustrating to say the least. I recently found out about Jims gun shop and stopped in and met him. I live in the area and never new there was a gun shop there. Was intially looking for a nearby FFL transfer station and was told about Jim Flynns truck repair shop and did a little searching on the net and came across this forum. I decided to order a Glock from Jim after he told me he sells them for a much lower price then what I was about to pay for, plus $45 transfer fee.

Interesting, however I talked to Jim yesterday and he quoted me $18-22 per 50 rounds (depending on what brand he has in stock. I wasn't going to make him go through is inventory of ammo over the phone, I'll be there hopefully later today picking up my new Glock which came in finally and picking up 300 rounds or so from him as he had really good prices on .45 ACP ammunition as compared to what I've been finding on the web, minus any shipping cost that would of been associated with ammo purchase.