theRU

Greatest ALL TIME movie gun fights?

Humn.... I cant decide on just 1.

So my top 3....

Matrix elevator scene

Mr & Mrs Smith kitchen scene as well as the final mall scene.

c19Rdt8OhRU

0G5bi_46Crk

Kick Ass final scene

Overall movie... enemy at the gates

True Romance had a great Mexican stand off at the end..

Wouldn't necessarily classify it as a gun fight tho...

Hmmmm..

HEAT is definitely up there also.

Desperado has some great scenes as well.

As for one of the best techniques, I may have to say Collateral w/ Tom Cruise and Jaime Fox. He used that USP like a pro!

Those are just off the top of my head, Im sure there are more...

The Professional, at Leon's apartment against EVERYTHING!!! (if you saw the movie, you'll know what that means)

that movie is AWESOME.. everything about it.. really..

heat, collateral, tombstone, miami vice had a good one, the international with the scene in the museum was pretty good. i really liked the 310 to yuma with russel crowe. I'm trying to stick to movies that were less sensational although the ending of 310 was pretty far fetched...

Don't know if this counts but http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361243/. The original Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon had some badass gun fights. Each episode is only about 4mins long but it is still good.

The last 20 seconds or so is the best gun fight.

Also, I don't know if any of you watch anime but this series Black Lagoon had amazing gun fights. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6159

+1 on Heat.

But I also have to say that the ending gun fight in the Wild Bunch is just awesome. Shotguns, 1911s, Winchesters, machine guns, grenades, revolvers, etc. Just a great scene.

I also want to throw in the ending stand offs from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" and from "For a Few Dollars More." Very suspenseful, esp with the pocket watch playing in Dollars More.

And (last rant, i promise), the movie Tremors. Graboid vs Burts gun wall. (if you have seen the movie, then you know what im talking about :D )

I'm going with Heat, too. That action took me completely by surprise the first time I saw the movie.

I rarely see movies more than once, and when I do it's at least a decade in between viewings. I've watched Heat a few times, and also checked out the scene online a few times.

+1 Wild Bunch

Heat

Ronin when they go to take the case from the Russians in Nice.

The Kingdom when they go into a neighborhood and get ambushed. Mainly for Jeniffer Garner with an MP5, but some real good gun work in there.

This was a show, not a movie so I think it might not be excepted.

reinactment was more horrific than what could be seen from the real footage from crappy camera angles.

Blazing Saddles...Gene Wilder shoots them all and is so fast you never see him draw/holster the gun :lol:

For serious stuff you guys covered them all. I particularly like the Sergio Leone westerns. Also, though not actually a gun fight, the original Dirty Harry scene..."did I fire six shots or only five" etc...

The final fight in Tears of the Sun was decent.

BlackHawk Down has more than a few good ones.

Ronin - under the bridge gun fight and the ambush in the town to grab the package are both very good.

The rescue in Proof of Life.

The kidnapping scene in Man on Fire.

Not sure this qualifies as a gun fight, but the scene in Collateral where Cruise takes out the two muggers.

The night club scene in Collateral is fun to watch.

Heat - the final bank job is definitely one of my all time favorites.

But I've gotta go with the one TommyRuss picked - Way of the Gun. The whole movie is great and the gun fights are very good.

Heat has probably the all time best gun fight scenes, but the 1st Crow movie has a few awesome scenes', particularly towards the end of the movie when they are all in the room having a meeting with all the crime bosses, and the crow goes in and shoots them all down. If memory serves me right, that is when Brandon Lee was actually killed, filming that scene.