GoNRA

Price V.S. Consumption

Kind of depends what range I'm going to and what I'm shooting, but in general I'll bring 2-300 rounds of each caliber I'm shooting, with the exception of 12g... usually bring about 150. I almost never shoot it all, but I'd rather take more than I need than run out while I'm at the range.

I normally shoot about 400rds of the 7.62x54 or 8mm when I shoot. I normally just bring a whole spam can or ammo can. By the time the can is about empty my shoulder is starting to get sore.

I normally shoot about 400rds of the 7.62x54 or 8mm when I shoot. I normally just bring a whole spam can or ammo can. By the time the can is about empty my shoulder is starting to get sore.

Sore? Your shoulder should fall off! btw Eric, do you ever shoot handguns or shotguns?

Sore? Your shoulder should fall off! btw Eric, do you ever shoot handguns or shotguns?

. I guess I can say I have a few. Most are collector stuff and don't come out to play too often.

It would depend on what I'm shooting and how long (timewise) you'll be at the range. I'd say much over 200 rds an hour of any caliber is just sending lead downrange. You're not getting much training value if you're shooting 500 rds an hour. Quality of practice is much more important than volume. if you're fatiqued, you're not getting full value of your practice.

Holy heck - by that time my shoulder would be gone. The only way I can see myself shooting that much is with both the rubber recoil pad and the muzzle brake on. First time I shot - 100 rounds with just the recoil pad and my arm was gonna fall off.

Shooting 440rds of 7.62x54R in one session outta a Mosin would be impressive. Not only would you be pretty beat up, it would take forever to go through that much. If you had something a little heavier or a slip on recoil pad it would be more manageable. Still 440 outta any high power rifle is a lot.... what the hell you shoot at 440 times?

I typically bring more than enough of everything.

Last week I was at ft dix and brought:

300 - 9mm

250 - 7.62x54R

100 - 12 gauge

Shot everything in 4hrs except maybe 50 7.62. Three shooters.

My record is 200 well aimed accurate shots out of a mosin in 10 minutes, witnessed by junkmanted. Try having fun and remaining accurate. The British actually had a drill called the mad minute doing the same thing. The day after d-day members of the 101st encountered a group of Canadian soldiers. The Americans heard the Canadians firing and thought they all had semi autos, only to find out they only had enfields. Training and practice can make a bolt gun a formidible weapon.

My record is 200 well aimed accurate shots out of a mosin in 10 minutes, witnessed by junkmanted. Try having fun and remaining accurate. The British actually had a drill called the mad minute doing the same thing. The day after d-day members of the 101st encountered a group of Canadian soldiers. The Americans heard the Canadians firing and thought they all had semi autos, only to find out they only had enfields. Training and practice can make a bolt gun a formidible weapon.

You musta had some stripper clips.

The British mad minute was an awsome tactic. Anyone that has shot an Enfield knows how well the bolt works. It cocks on closing not opening. Very fast to manipulate.