Chad

Phase one . . . complete.

Construction has finally begun in Oakhurst. Demolition / equipment removal started on Monday and final clean up will be completed by tomorrow. Next is construction / site work. Every square inch of curbing, cement and blacktop is getting removed and replaced with heated cement. Anticipated time frame till completion is 70 days.

Oh, and yes, that is yours truly operating the hoe! :)

BEFORE:

Lyla006.jpg

Lyla018.jpg

DAY ONE:

OceanConstruction041.jpg

OceanConstruction170.jpg

OceanConstruction005.jpg

DAY 2:

CarWashDay3062.jpg

CarWashDay3160.jpg

CarWashDay3166.jpg

FINAL RESULT:

CarWashDay3393.jpg

Anyone who is curious why I decided to leave one wall (and two small pieces of side walls) standing is because if we were to knock those down it would no longer be considered a re-model. It would then be considered new construction, many more permits, more planning board meetings, zoning, etc. If you leave 3 load-bearing walls up, it is only considered a remodel.

Any scanned images of plans etc to see what the final project is going to look like??

Looks like you guys have a great start, good luck with it. May the weather goddess greet you with wonderful weather so you have no delays!

M

Hey Chad,

"Heated Cement"

I assume you are heating with hot water radiant (pex embedded in the cement), just curious?

Any plans to supplement the fossil fuel with solar?

No worries Brisco, Chad makes his own fossil fuel every time he farts. They have a vacuum system connected to his chair at work that just sucks it away every time he lets one go. For the past few months he's been receiving payment from the electrical company!!

Here u go Matt. . . these are old plans, much has changed, but you get the gist.

33ofoceanblueprints.jpg

33ofoceanrear.jpg

33ofoceanfront.jpg

33ofoceanside-1.jpg

Brisco, I've looked into it. I would have to have the entire roof covered in solar panels, and it would only cover approx 10% of the cost to operate the system. Not that it matters, but it actually runs anti-freeze.

Here u go Matt. . . these are old plans, much has changed, but you get the gist.

Brisco, I've looked into it. I would have to have the entire roof covered in solar panels, and it would only cover approx 10% of the cost to operate the system. Not that it matters, but it actually runs anti-freeze.

Very cool Chad,

I'm actually surprised more car washes don't use radiant, it should speed up your time before opening after a storm, plus your crew is going to love it.

If possible, ( if you have an option) use as much insulation(not bubble foil) as you can under the slab. I asked about the hot water because they do make electric heating blankets for use in a slab, I believe they would be a very poor choice. Most likely, you will be using hot water with 50% ethylene glycol anti-freeze

Now if you could just invent a way to wash my truck (utility body with ladder racks), I would be a happy man

How many BTUs of heated slab?

Very cool Chad,

I'm actually surprised more car washes don't use radiant, it should speed up your time before opening after a storm, plus your crew is going to love it.

If possible, ( if you have an option) use as much insulation(not bubble foil) as you can under the slab. I asked about the hot water because they do make electric heating blankets for use in a slab, I believe they would be a very poor choice. Most likely, you will be using hot water with 50% ethylene glycol anti-freeze

Now if you could just invent a way to wash my truck (utility body with ladder racks), I would be a happy man

How many BTUs of heated slab?

I have it at 3 other locations already, its amazing. Its not so much for after a storm (because the roads themselves are still wet, etc and we don't open anyway) but more just for freezing temps. Cars come out wet and dripping, which results in ice on the ground. We were constantly throwing salt down, which doesn't sit to well with people that just paid to have their car cleaned. lol . . . it gets on their shoes, and then they get into their clean car. When its below freezing, the heaters kick on, and the entire front and back slabs remain ice free all day. As far as the BTUs I have no idea. . . I will have to look on the spec sheet for what we are putting in at this location. Not sure what we have at the other ones either. I'll find out. :) I was able to dig up a pic I took over the winter after a snow fall. You can clearly see where the heated cement ends and the asphalt begins lol. . .

IMG00144-1.jpg

IMG00145-1.jpg

This is thee most boringest thread in the world! Oh my god, stop the insanity!
Bite me Raymond! :mrgreen: Like your stupid zombie thread is any more interesting than this? Well, errrr, yeah I guess it is lol.

why does that building look familiar, who did the garage door on that building? (Old Building)
I have no clue. We just bought this place last year.

Very nice. =) Hope all the best on this project.
Thanks Makseeeeeeem!

This project looks familiar..
?? First time knocking it down. . . but maybe it was discussed before? I know we've had the heated cement conversation in the past tho, maybe thats what yer thinking of?

This project looks familiar..

?? First time knocking it down. . . but maybe it was discussed before? I know we've had the heated cement conversation in the past tho, maybe thats what yer thinking of?

This is what i was thinking of..

rt9demo007.jpg

Yeah, for a few weeks time. It will really start to fly now.

Right on schedule for the 70 day time frame. I've never seen such a high quality builder before. Amazing work, super impressive, and runs a tighter ship than I do! lol

As you can see by the parking lot, there are quite a few crews working, and this was lunch time! We took over the parking lot next door also heh! LOVE IT!!!

OceanConst327.jpg

Ah, anastasia was wondering where the slave master was.... =P turns out he was behind the camera. =P

haha the "slave master" . . . she was not supposed to tell you what her little pet name for me is! :o

Yes, we do pick ups (as long as there is NOTHING in the bed). . . Should be ready to go on the 23rd of July. But I will keep you posted on that, as it stands now we are right on schedule.

So that was the car wash on the SB side of 35? Next to the diner there? Used to go there sometimes when I lived on W. park Ave

Hey Matty . . . no, thats a different one. We are down about 2 miles past that on the same side. :)

Culture stone is almost done,

Miscellaneous128.jpg

Miscellaneous129.jpg

Things are coming along nicely . . .

OceanConstructionNewest011.jpg

OceanConstructionNewest004.jpg

Ocean8-6048.jpg

Ocean8-6045.jpg

Ocean8-6036.jpg

Wrong doors on the cabinets . . . same wood, just with panels on them.

Ocean8-6035.jpg

All these cars are hand painted by the two faux painters. . . they did an amazing job throughout. Its hard to see, but the faux has a texture to it.

Ocean8-6033.jpg

I put these opaque glass doors in . . . I wasn't sure how they'd look at first, but I love em now! :)

Ocean8-6041.jpg