Old School

AR's, 90*F and Cherry Ridge == Sorry no Naked Feet

Well the old Pronoun and I bore sighted his new Chuck killer AR and headed over to CR today, Poor guy I screwed him royal.

Aftre bore sighting I expecterd to see him right on the paper. Well I had so many holes in my cardboard frame I couldn't see his verticle string and it took about 15 shots to put him on the bull. Oh well!!

BTW what kind of accuracy can you expect from the generic .223 Rem 55gr? Ya know the cheap stuff...

Here's the targets and you guys know what our rifles look like.

Notice there are no naked feet in these pics.

I had the same Rock River rifle, but with the 24" barrel. I was shooting 1" groups at 100 yards with the PMC 223 ammo that Cabelas had a special on. I had a 10X SuperSniper scope, and was resting the front of the rifle on my range bag because I didn't have a good shooting bag. That rifle is capable of some amazing accuracy (and for only $900 on GunBroker, it's a great deal).

I am sure you will improve. :)

Now I readily admit most of that was probably ME, but when I cleaned it last night I did discover the scope mount had some room to be tightened. Turns out it had several more easy-revolutions in it, maybe that will help next time. See if I can take her out again next week.

Now I readily admit most of that was probably ME, but when I cleaned it last night I did discover the scope mount had some room to be tightened. Turns out it had several more easy-revolutions in it, maybe that will help next time. See if I can take her out again next week.

Colin, I might be up to nothing on Monday if you want to try and meet up?

I would but I have to go to a family memorial day BBQ at 2. You have any other free mornings that week? We could potentially do like 10:00 if you're up for it, but I'd have to leave at 12.

Hey Pinky!! Find your own student!!! We want this youngster to learn to shoot not just make noise!!! That's not a Moisin...

Colin- You have my number and my schedule.

I will put any of my surplus guns including a mosin against a run of the mill ar any day. Atleast all of them have something called STOPPING POWER. But atleast if you run out of ammo you can use one as a wiffle bat.

I will put any of my surplus guns including a mosin against a run of the mill ar any day. Atleast all of them have something called STOPPING POWER. But atleast if you run out of ammo you can use one as a wiffle bat.

oh my gosh, why are you always starting fights with your Mosin's?

oh my gosh, why are you always starting fights with your Mosin's?

Mosins are just Fighting rifles!!

And good for reinforcing concrete too!!