Ray Ray

Guess what?

Are you missing a finger or is it behind the slide?

Mazel Tov nonetheless.

He's following proper gun safety rules. Well, some of them. I don't know where that muzzle is pointed. Lol

At the wall guys, at the wall.

Where's Pete? I'm waiting for him to recommend some Glock mods.

Yay....... a Glock :roll:

just kidding..... enjoy it man :dance:

Yeah, I know. Your right Troy. But hey, it's better than an M&P right?

:mrgreen:

Ray, it's a G19?. Perfection out of the box. If you want to play I'll switch parts in and out so you can feel what different stuff is like. For SD you leave it just like it is. I have extra mags for you too.

OK let's GLOCK!

Not a huge fan of Glocks.... but

I love the G19 and the G20! I will argue with anyone that those two guns are the two BEST firearms for the roles they were designed for ever made!

Enjoy.... now go shoot the snot out of it.

Ray,

For $26.95 you can swap the striker, trigger, and safety plunger springs, and put a 3.5lb connector in the gun. The parts are all drop-in. Youl would be amazed at the difference. I have them on my G34 and my G20. The best part is that you can do it yourself in a few minutes, and learn something about the inner workings of your new gun too.

http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_UTK ... locks.html

Ray,

For $26.95 you can swap the striker, trigger, and safety plunger springs, and put a 3.5lb connector in the gun. The parts are all drop-in. Youl would be amazed at the difference. I have them on my G34 and my G20. The best part is that you can do it yourself in a few minutes, and learn something about the inner workings of your new gun too.

Chris-Remember It's not the arrow it's the Indian. Let him shoot a stocker first. If he learns to avoid the 7 o'clock hit with a stock trigger he'll be that much better a shooter with any pistol.

This sounds wacky but... learning trigger control on my GLOCK made me a better shooter with a 1911.

This sounds wacky but... learning trigger control on my GLOCK made me a better shooter with a 1911.

That's true. If you can navigate your way through the mush that is the stock Glock trigger, then it goes a long way towards making you a better shot. Lets put the orange New York trigger on it. That'll make a man of RayRay.

That's true. If you can navigate your way through the mush that is the stock Glock trigger, then it goes a long way towards making you a better shot. Lets put the orange New York trigger on it. That'll make a man of RayRay.

You're messing with me.... You know the #10 NY trigger requires a special grip, requiring two trigger fingers. One in from each side of the trigger guard. :lol:

:lol: Congrats on the new Glock, bro. About time you got a real gun ;)

As for mods.. for the most part, I agree with Frank.. the only thing I've changed on mine (besides the sights, which is just a person preference thing) is the mag release. I went with this one: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Vickers- ... mr-001.htm The stock release is a little hard to get to unless you shift the gun slightly. The Vicker's mag release is like 1/8" longer (don't quote me on that), but it's just enough to allow me to not have to shift the gun in my hand to reach the release with my thumb.

That said, since you're left handed and will more than likely be using your left index finger to drop the mag, you probably won't need it.

Other than that, just buy lots of mags :)

Thanks guys.

Now for a range report.

The triigger is what it is, mushy. On my SR9 it has some stacking or stagging but not mushy. Either way, it's not as bad as my Charter which stacked, creeped and was very heavy.

I shot 120 rounds ( 100 WWB and 20 PMC Bronze, thanks Pete!) and of course it went bang every damn time. I can shoot this gun all day, it just shoots so straight for me.

I hate that it has moved to the front of the safe. She just may, maybe, become my primary grap gun. Its not a revolver, but close.

:lol: Congrats on the new Glock, bro. About time you got a real gun ;)

As for mods.. for the most part, I agree with Frank.. the only thing I've changed on mine (besides the sights, which is just a person preference thing) is the mag release. I went with this one: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Vickers- ... mr-001.htm The stock release is a little hard to get to unless you shift the gun slightly. The Vicker's mag release is like 1/8" longer (don't quote me on that), but it's just enough to allow me to not have to shift the gun in my hand to reach the release with my thumb.

That said, since you're left handed and will more than likely be using your left index finger to drop the mag, you probably won't need it.

Other than that, just buy lots of mags :)

I'm fine with her as she is, but mags are a must for the zombie team. The mag release is kinda sharp and if it stuck out anymore, would cut my hand under recoil.

I'm fine with her as she is, but mags are a must for the zombie team. The mag release is kinda sharp and if it stuck out anymore, would cut my hand under recoil.

The Vicker's mag release has rounded edges and isn't sharp at all.. I'll show you the difference next time we meet up. But, like I said, you probably don't need it.

Glad you're liking it so far :)

ETA: regarding magazines - currently, the cheapest I've found new factory Glock 19 mags is $22 at Botach

http://www.botachtactical.com/glockmagazines.html

I know a lot of people don't like Botach, but I recently bought a bunch of magazines from them, and didn't have any issues.

I contacted this guy [email protected] (thanks bbk!) BEFORE I ordered to make sure they were in stock and he's a good guy to deal with if you have to order from Botach.

Ray,

Talk to Frank (Old School) about your trigger. You can put a Glock OEM 3.5 connector to lighten the pull. You can add a Glock OEM 8lb NY trigger (i.e. what NYC cops have to put on their Glocks, except they use the 5.5 connector) to it. This definitely crispens up the trigger pull, helps define the reset better, and you should end up with an overall pull weight of what you have now with the stock parts. And you'll still have all Glock parts in your gun.

Total cost - about $25

I've been considering doing the 3.5+NY trigger mod, because I've read a lot of good things about that combination.. but I'm always a little leery of messing with such critical components of the gun. Maybe it's just me and being used to it (I still shoot low and left a lot, but that's just me sucking) but I never really thought the stock glock trigger was mushy.

Ray- I have some New reworked Korean mags that are good for range duty(I don't use them for SD). Shoot mine when you come to CR. They're cheap. As far as your trigger. Spend a 1/2 hour with me and I'll smooth up your stocker and see if you like it. We can take out the parts box and you can feel different stuff.

First thing, one drop of very light tool oil ( I use Starrett Micometer oil) at the trigger bar/connector junction. Makes a difference. Though this is not an official GLOCK recommendation.

I've been considering doing the 3.5+NY trigger mod, because I've read a lot of good things about that combination.. but I'm always a little leery of messing with such critical components of the gun. Maybe it's just me and being used to it (I still shoot low and left a lot, but that's just me sucking) but I never really thought the stock glock trigger was mushy.

PM Sent

Caine,

I will have to try and make it up to the Bullet Hole one of these Tuesday nights (or you could come down to Shore Shot on a Tuesday or BA on Wednesday) and bring my G34. I think you will be pleasantly surprised that a Glock can have a nice, but still reliable, trigger.

Also, check out the 25 cent Glock trigger job. That, along with a drop of oil on the connector, trigger junction, makes a big difference.

Caine,

I will have to try and make it up to the Bullet Hole one of these Tuesday nights (or you could come down to Shore Shot on a Tuesday or BA on Wednesday) and bring my G34. I think you will be pleasantly surprised that a Glock can have a nice, but still reliable, trigger.

Also, check out the 25 cent Glock trigger job. That, along with a drop of oil on the connector, trigger junction, makes a big difference.

Chris - What combo do you have in your G34?

I have the Ghost ultimate trigger kit. It has the Ghost 3.5 connector, Wolff reduced power striker and plunger safety springs, and Wolff increased power trigger spring.

I sometimes swap out the Wolff trigger spring for the NY 8lb trigger. If I were in a competition I would use the NY trigger because of the excellent reset. The Wolff trigger spring gives it more of a target trigger feel, with a less distinct reset. I have never had a problem with the reduced power striker spring.

The Vicker's mag release has rounded edges and isn't sharp at all.. I'll show you the difference next time we meet up. But, like I said, you probably don't need it.

Glad you're liking it so far :)

ETA: regarding magazines - currently, the cheapest I've found new factory Glock 19 mags is $22 at Botach

http://www.botachtactical.com/glockmagazines.html

I know a lot of people don't like Botach, but I recently bought a bunch of magazines from them, and didn't have any issues.

I contacted this guy [email protected] (thanks bbk!) BEFORE I ordered to make sure they were in stock and he's a good guy to deal with if you have to order from Botach.

Hello Gentlemen,

Was just following along with this post as I am due to pick up new 21 SF any day now!lots of good ideas here.

In my browsing I found cheap factory mags here http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG248-36.html

Thanks for all the good info