so last August I moved into Weehawken from Hoboken. At the time I was already the holder of a FID issued by Hoboken.

When i moved i went down and filled out the paperwork to update the address on my FID. they sent letters out to my references again, which they both mailed back, and then i forgot about all this. Now fast forward till now. I had to go down to city hall to get a new parking permit and that reminded me that I never heard back about the FID.

I stopped by the records office and was told

a.)they have no record of my app

b.)apps are 'only good for 6 months so even if you filled it out last august, if you didnt get it in 6 months you need to start over

c.)you would have had to meet with the Chief before they give it to you anyway.

Where in all this lies the truth? I don't see how a meeting with the chief or any of this other nonsence should be necessary for something as simple as updating the address on a FID that was issued in early 2009.

Has anyone else had any experience w/ Weehawken PD?

Has anyone else had any experience w/ Weehawken PD?

Yea they can't direct traffic for shit.

Do you have a receipt from your payment for the application? Either a canceled check or a cash receipt. Then you have a date for them to look start looking into.

I lived in Weehawken for 28 years and never had any problems getting my FID and gun permits. Yes, you have to have a meeting with one of the detectives. There are two offices in the side of the municipal building, left side, go to the first one, the other is the detective bureau, don

I lived in Weehawken for 28 years and never had any problems getting my FID and gun permits. Yes, you have to have a meeting with one of the detectives. There are two offices in the side of the municipal building, left side, go to the first one, the other is the detective bureau, don

Hey Guys, reviving old thread.

I just recently moved to Weehawken from Little Ferry (where I obtained my original FID).

Most PD depts have an online page specific to permits (and to FIDs in particular) detailing what steps to take and who to contact.  I don't see anything for Weehawken at all...do I just call the Police Dept and tell them i'd like to get a change of address for my current FID?  Would like to be prepared to come in with whatever i need than to show up and have them send me back home.

Hopefully others can chime in to help on what you'll need, but I got my FID about a year ago from Weehawken. 

The phone number for the records bureau is 201-319-6099

The person I spoke to most of the time was Maria. She can probably tell you what docs you'll need as well. When you go, park up the street under the bridge. The records bureau is on the bottom left side of the police station.

I found everyone there to be friendly, but getting my FID took 4-5 months from start to finish. Hope this helps.

You'll be doing a transfer as you already have a FID. The number will stay the same, just the issuing agency will change. Weehawken will request that you file be sent from Little Ferry. Your application will be filled out as a change of address.

Just wanted to give an update, thanks for the tip @Sevenshot the ladies at the record Bureau were really helpful and efficient, they helped me gather all the forms I needed.  This was just for a change of address FID card, the whole process took about 3 months total.

While that is definitely longer than my previous township, I noticed they were much more stringent on employee verification and references.  My previous township just called my two references while Weehawken PD mailed out hard copy forms to each my references to fill out and mail back in.   Also for some reason they "could not use" the employee verification hotline that my HR team provided me as there is a cost to get that level of detail. (My work can be sensitive in nature so your experiences may vary)- so this definitely added onto the delay as we worked out a separate solution back and forth.

• Agree 1